it really is tempting to become a true blue tsupitero..

i wish i had the time to research and do short term trades..

but just for experience lng..

my risk apetite is really not that high.. .

i tend to lean more on the teachings of ben graham, et al..

PS - they said investing in mining stocks is the way to go at the start of '07.. this still valid?

I've heard that National Reinsurance will be undergoing an IPO this month,

will this stock be good for long term investment?

yes, NATRE price is set at 3.80/share. I think they are issuing about P2 billion worth. My Chinese friends are reserving with their brokers like crazy but I honestly don't know if it will be a good buy. Fundamentals look good anyway.

it really is tempting to become a true blue tsupitero..

i wish i had the time to research and do short term trades..

but just for experience lng..

my risk apetite is really not that high.. .

i tend to lean more on the teachings of ben graham, et al..

PS - they said investing in mining stocks is the way to go at the start of '07.. this still valid?

Always look at the fundamentals of the companies involved. Don't go by pure heresay. Stock prices go up and down all the time. Do your own research. If you don't have the time to do so, leave the research work to the experts and invest in an equity UITF which has a reputable fund manager. They have the experience and the knowledge and their goal is to outperform the market.

Always look at the fundamentals of the companies involved. Don't go by pure heresay. Stock prices go up and down all the time. Do your own research. If you don't have the time to do so, leave the research work to the experts and invest in an equity UITF which has a reputable fund manager. They have the experience and the knowledge and their goal is to outperform the market.

Good point lene. Hearsay is dangerous, unless it comes from a very very reliable source. Fundamentals never go away; they provide steady support to a stock's price. An important part of research I believe is finding a stock that fits your plan and goals. Fundamentals and track record are excellent for executing buy-and-hold strategies. If you're into quick money (9-10% swings in 1-2 weeks) technical analysis and scanning for reversals (points when price trends change from down-up and vice versa) helps a lot especially for actively traded stocks.

Lastly, good point on UITF's for those with less appetite for risk and time to research. Try different banks, since many have different minimum investment amounts and different fund offerings. Trust me (no pun intended) even the most conservative fund is better for your money than regular TD placements or blowing it on bad stock market picks.

Good point lene. Hearsay is dangerous, unless it comes from a very very reliable source. Fundamentals never go away; they provide steady support to a stock's price. An important part of research I believe is finding a stock that fits your plan and goals. Fundamentals and track record are excellent for executing buy-and-hold strategies. If you're into quick money (9-10% swings in 1-2 weeks) technical analysis and scanning for reversals (points when price trends change from down-up and vice versa) helps a lot especially for actively traded stocks.

Lastly, good point on UITF's for those with less appetite for risk and time to research. Try different banks, since many have different minimum investment amounts and different fund offerings. Trust me (no pun intended) even the most conservative fund is better for your money than regular TD placements or blowing it on bad stock market picks.

Calling on the experts and fundamental analysts:

Whats your reading on the mid-term outlook as the market recovers from the easter break? We've seen the positive run of property stocks bouyed up by macro indicators, mostly positive save for the results of the elections, inflation hitting a 20yr rock bottom low of 2.2%. We've also seen the 1st leg of a mighty run from minning stocks. There are also plans in speeding up the Mineral Industrialisation Plan. Is the bull still on the run or showing signs of losing steam?

san ba pwede magpractice ng stocks? online , baka malaki mawala ? practice muna, may minimum ba yan?

sa site ng Phil. Stock Exchange (www.pse.com.ph), sa right side merong Stock Trading Game na link.

OK dito kasi real-time prices and PSE ang gamit pero walang involved na pera. Fictitious money lang

ang gagamitin mo, initially, kunwari meron kang 1M.

yes, NATRE price is set at 3.80/share. I think they are issuing about P2 billion worth. My Chinese friends are reserving with their brokers like crazy but I honestly don't know if it will be a good buy. Fundamentals look good anyway.

Last 2 days for submission of IPO small investor allocation of NATRE through BDO...

PHILNARE had been over subscribed and for BDO only 6k share per client :thumbsdownsmiley:

That's right.. Ubos na nga.. Im just lucky, i was able to reserve 200k shares since 2 weeks ago.. or perhaps magaling lang ang broker ko.. This stock is expected to hit ceiling on the first trading day very much like pacific online.. Black market is now at 4.30 to 4.50 per share..

to my fellow investors who were able to buy Philnare, i hope the gods will smile upon us on the listing date.. :)

Edited by tonysoprano

Pacific Online (LOTO) is showing signs of shooting up again.. closed 13.50 for the past 2 days and now 14.. high for the past 2 days is 14.25 .. I stongly believe that resistance is at 14 after hitting ceiling april 12.. Monday should be a very exciting trading day for this issue.

Good luck to all! :D

LOTO's resistance is at the previous high of 16. if it approaches that level again you can be sure there will be heavy selling by those who bought last 4/13 to cut their losses. ipit na sila doon eh. if LOTO will not be able to break that resistance level expect it to go down again and consolidate. for now i really cannot tell the support but 14 (66% retracement) may be a good guess to still be bullish. below that i will not be optimistic with this issue.

however if it is really strong and can break up 16 this week or next, then its $$$ for those who bought it.

good luck

Pacific Online (LOTO) is showing signs of shooting up again.. closed 13.50 for the past 2 days and now 14.. high for the past 2 days is 14.25 .. I stongly believe that resistance is at 14 after hitting ceiling april 12.. Monday should be a very exciting trading day for this issue.

Good luck to all! :D

LOTO's resistance is at the previous high of 16. if it approaches that level again you can be sure there will be heavy selling by those who bought last 4/13 to cut their losses. ipit na sila doon eh. if LOTO will not be able to break that resistance level expect it to go down again and consolidate. for now i really cannot tell the support but 14 (66% retracement) may be a good guess to still be bullish. below that i will not be optimistic with this issue.

however if it is really strong and can break up 16 this week or next, then its $$$ for those who bought it.

good luck

I hope it breaks 16 very very soon... ;)

Might sa well get hold on PHILEX also....

Pang medium-term? It's got one of the few great PE ratios left... and if it goes below P5.00 it should be a great-earner buy.

Pero medyo nagwawala pa ngayon ang APO and SMDC :) ... Plus the blue chip bargains MEG and JFC from last monday. I'll wait for Philex to calm down with gold price... good though that copper seems to be maintaining its recent gains.

Today should be wild as usual... hopefully PSE follows the uptick last night on the Dow and S&P

Edited by arkitekto