Haha! I remembered back when I was in college. I was an OJT in PSE (Ortigas) under the Market Investigations and Surveillance group. Never had much idea on how everything works there, but then I started to learn as I was being taught by my bosses regularly. I learned somehow. It was 2000/01 back then and I never realized na I was under the investigating team who investigated the BW Resources scam. I was so surprised to know that my bosses where the people who did those investigating. And they really found out a lot of stuffs. Sayang nga eh, natapos na yung OJT ko dun just in time when the whole group made a mass resignation in protest of the outcome of the Erap impeachment. Too bad. At least may souvenir ako from them (a copy of their report).

Edited by dj_flip03

meron akng nakitang stock certificate sa haus namin. it as issued way back 1982 PLDT ang company at common share ang nakalagay at ang value nya P10. lang at 170 shares. Nabebenta ba ito? magkano na ito ngayon? kung ibebenta san ko ito pede ibenta? thank you.

-Check with the stock transfer agent (your broker should be able to help you) to see if they have stock divs under that stocks beneficial owner. Also to collect un-cashed / un-claimed stock divs.

- WEre you able to receive the most recent stock / cash stock divs... kung wala then kanino napunta.. anyways that's alot of money if kung 1982 pa yan.

-Kanino naka-name yung stock certificate? You'll need authorization to sell that stock if it is not in your name... Kung deceased na, then that will be another issue and long process but in can be shortened depende sa discarte ng broker mo.

-

• 4 weeks later...
Haha! I remembered back when I was in college. I was an OJT in PSE (Ortigas) under the Market Investigations and Surveillance group. Never had much idea on how everything works there, but then I started to learn as I was being taught by my bosses regularly. I learned somehow. It was 2000/01 back then and I never realized na I was under the investigating team who investigated the BW Resources scam. I was so surprised to know that my bosses where the people who did those investigating. And they really found out a lot of stuffs. Sayang nga eh, natapos na yung OJT ko dun just in time when the whole group made a mass resignation in protest of the outcome of the Erap impeachment. Too bad. At least may souvenir ako from them (a copy of their report).

All resigned but one.

need a little help guys.......

i bought shares ir ICTSI 6 years ago and since then i have moved address and forgot about them. I just remembered about this purchase when i was going through some files. How do i get an update on stock and cash dividends that i have accrued? Who do i have to get in touch with?

Also have PLDT preferred shares. What is the difference between preffered and common? where can i sell these preferred shares?

thanks for any help you guys can extend me.

Well, most brokers will just credit the stock or cash dividends to your account so whatever dividends that might have accrued over the years are still credited to your account.

ive since closed my broker account that handled that transaction and ive moved addresses. All ive got are the stock certificates that were isuued to me when i closed the brokerage account years ago. there should be a way to find out how much as accrued right?

ive since closed my broker account that handled that transaction and ive moved addresses. All ive got are the stock certificates that were isuued to me when i closed the brokerage account years ago. there should be a way to find out how much as accrued right?

Are the stock certificates issued in your name? If they are. you can just go to the transfer agent/corporate secretary of the company and ask for their record of stock/cash dividends and inquire where it was remitted to.

in addition to what dr. pepper said, some stock transfer agents will hold the dividend checks/stock dividends if it returns in the mail ( since you said you changed addresses). So, if you do inquire with the transfer agent, make sure you carry at least two valid identifications with you ( and if possible, have photocopies ready also; they will need it when they compare it with the original IDs) so you can take care of the paperwork while you are there.

how do i go about finding out who/what the transfer agent is?

best way would be to ask any local broker; they normally have a list of the transfer agents of the different listed companies.

thanks lene. youve been a great help together with Dr. Pepper.

ill keep you guys posted.

Stock market still expected to be bullish?

anyone here who can answer this question? i'm afraid i'm not an expert in this field :) my view is, the market is at a 10 year all time high. and the only thing pushing up the market at these levels would be the sheer bulk of the foreign funds invested in the phil stock market at the moment. of course, you also know what would happen if these fund managers decide to take it out of the market at a certain point in time. you will also be seeing some corrections these days which is just expected after several rallies. however, if you look at the market interest rates, the current levels are also at an all time low at 3% for a three month term, thus making the equities market more attractive in terms of investments at this point.

unfortunately, we don't have a crystal ball so we can never predict accurately if the bull run will continue for the early part of this year ( even if it looks that way at the moment). unless of course you are very well versed in technical analysis, which is beyond the scope of my abilities :P just my opinion. violent objections and corrections are very welcome.

thanks lene. youve been a great help together with Dr. Pepper.

ill keep you guys posted.

Stock market still expected to be bullish?

I'm not an expert either, but I agree with what lene said. If we had crystal balls (mine aren't) then we would all be rich. I expect the stock market to be bullish all the way up to the second quarter. Expected corrections are during Chinese New Year and elections. Fundamentals of the blue chips look good so far and the Philippine economy is doing fairly well.

technical analysts says that the bull market will last for the next two years. kaya pwedeng pwede na pumasok ngayon and hold it for the next two years.

ummmmm or maybe wait after the elections if you don't trade often. if you do, you can buy now and sell before the elections. buy back, depende sa results.

monsignor28 - malapit na half a million yang pag binenta mo ngayon. i have a couple of TELs too but i don't plan to sell them in the near future

i'm mostly into technical analysis... pero basic palang.

Edited by magnus
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm not an expert either, but I agree with what lene said. If we had crystal balls (mine aren't) then we would all be rich. I expect the stock market to be bullish all the way up to the second quarter. Expected corrections are during Chinese New Year and elections. Fundamentals of the blue chips look good so far and the Philippine economy is doing fairly well.

ey this topic is indeed worth looking into... salamat sa experts for sharing their thoughts. . . i understand that overall fundamentals is still good (or strong?). PSE is at all time high pala. I would pressume that it would eventually release some steam but not too suddenly (unless all hell breaks loose after elections)..

maybe technical experts can share their thoughts also?

ey this topic is indeed worth looking into... salamat sa experts for sharing their thoughts. . . i understand that overall fundamentals is still good (or strong?). PSE is at all time high pala. I would pressume that it would eventually release some steam but not too suddenly (unless all hell breaks loose after elections)..

maybe technical experts can share their thoughts also?

Hey guys, please share of you have a good tip on what stock will run. The last tip I got was GEO which almost double in the past 3 weeks.