GEI? ano balita from Angping?

I would like to agree with the previous post, Philippine Stock Market is rumor driven but fundamentals would dictate the overall/long-term market trend..... Same can be observed in foreign stock markets Nyse, Nasdaq, TSE or even in forex, commodities, bond..etc.. but in a bigger scale (trade volume) compared to Philippine market.

IPO investment strategy is only effective in an uptrend or bullish market otherwise bilasa kaagad yung shares. It is also an indicative of a positive market sentiment.

Historically, company would prefer to offer their share in public when they expect that their stock would appreciate and that can only happen when overall market sentiment is upbeat. Unless otherwise the company is a super performer it can somehow defy a negative market and watch its stock soar but that is very rare.

Based on what I observed on local IPO, those who bought first (pre-selling) are the ones making a killing. Even before the actual trading day or (IPO) the stock price had appreciated way above its normal valuation. I would suspect that hyping is very much practiced way before the IPO date.

Back to the original question -Paano discarte dito? Well, you must have a very close relationship with a broker. You must be able to buy at the early stage of pre-selling. If you are close enough to your broker you should be able to get an allocation.

After IPO, its better to rely on the instict of your broker in terms of entry price (and now you are in the realm of speculation as oppose to investing). The IPO stock can become volatile on the first few days of its trading, a seasoned trader / broker can explain you why.

• 2 weeks later...

if you are patient you can wait for it to break out. if not, you can just trade the range. more than 2 months na and very established ang range.

resistance at about .011 but if it pass through .012 then all the way to .015 na lets see if the jockeys can get their game going.
  • 2 months later...
i have a question.

meron akng nakitang stock certificate sa haus namin. it as issued way back 1982 PLDT ang company at common share ang nakalagay at ang value nya P10. lang at 170 shares. Nabebenta ba ito? magkano na ito ngayon? kung ibebenta san ko ito pede ibenta? thank you

Good day,

The best way is to bring it to a stock broker para ma verify. Kung common shares nga yan, worth over 2,400 per share yan. Also, give it to a broker to have them run after PLDT for past dividends. Sayang din yung mga yun. Nag cash and stock na yan ng ilang beses since 1982.

Kung wala kang broker, PM mo ko and I'll give you some numbers to call.

Have a good day.

Talley