isa pang tip when buying stocks, IPO or otherwise:

*remember, the broker is a salesman

(repeat three times hehe)

which means, stocks that he recommends are not necessarily great buys. you gotta do your own investigating if the company's IPO will be beneficial to your finances.

I only have data up to 1999. If you could provide data way before 2/16/1999 I might be able to tell.

But as of now, all indicators are pointing NORTH :thumbsupsmiley:

How far can this stock go? I read an article in the Inquirer this past week that it could reach as high as P5 based on the author's estimates. Kaya ba yan?

How far can this stock go? I read an article in the Inquirer this past week that it could reach as high as P5 based on the author's estimates. Kaya ba yan?

As long as the price of gold is going up, expect the price of PX and other mining cos. to go up also. susunod lang naman yan eh..

You can also check out www.financemanila.net for a good source of tips/news/rumors in the stock market.

sinagot tanong mo ngayong araw... PX went up at 3.25 on some crazy buyings :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: binenta ko na lahat... bought it at 2.64 :lol:

I only have data up to 1999. If you could provide data way before 2/16/1999 I might be able to tell.

But as of now, all indicators are pointing NORTH  :thumbsupsmiley:

Pare,

I'm just citing First Gen as case study. But it does not follow na kukuha ako nito. Actually, I'm setting my sights on GMA dahil baka this na sila mag IPO. Gusto ko sana ready ako once GMA goes public. Balita ko din Robina will go public with its new capitalization needs.

Kaso nga, ignarante ako how IPO works. I'm sure other members would also appreciate to know a thing or two about this. So ire-raise ko ulit yung mga tanong ko:

1. Where do I need to go to buy shares?

2. What are the extra charges to look out for?

3. Citing, for sample purposes, the case of First Gen na may Offer Price P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share, ano talaga ang presyo nito?

4. How do I redeem my investment? May lock-in period ba?

5. Lahat ba ng IPOs OK pasukan?

6. When is a good time to get in and bail out, just in time for grate piece of the action?

Thanks pare.

you need to get a stock broker to purchase ipo shares. however, before investing in any security, you need to research and educate yourself on what you're actually getting into. as a standard, the companies going on ipo issue prospectus. the prospectus contains details you need to know on where the company would allot the capital. they can use the raised capital for expansion, increased working capital or to pay off debts.

you can get hold of this prspectus from the security underwriter handling the account. i think they are available in the net. too.

as for first gen, i think price per share was pegged at php45. this is lower than what is actually projected in the prospectus.

again, you need to get someone who is adept in investment matters. there are plenty of investment houses out there. their respective contact details are available in their corporate website.

last thoughts, learn to appreciate reading the annual reports of the company you plan to put your hard-earned money in. read the business section of your favorite newspaper to keep yourself abreast with the trend in the stock market. just keep yourself well-informed and don't just rely on your investment adviser.

seemed to have slowed down today. but it might just be consodation... besides one day lang yun na result.

the problem here is that this stock has sharply risen since march. when stocks go up steeply it goes down steeply too.

its up to you if you want to take that risk or not. all i can say is that if you do... the rewards will be big... but then again, so MIGHT be the losses if things will not go your way.

Read in the papers that PX would reach P5.++. Is that probable?

I have been an investment banker most of my career and is now working as an IR consultant. Let me address you some of the questions you ask regarding IPOs. This may be a little late already but I hope I may be able to share some thoughts.

1. If you are a client of an investment bank or investment house, chances are they will allocate for you as investment banks are the ones who package the IPOs. A small portion of the issue size is allocated to stock brokerage houses for the retail investors, who then offer or allocate them for their clients.

2. Most of the time, extra charges only comes when you sell the stock such as taxes and broker fees, which ranges to 1% to 2% before, which depends on your relationship with your broker. Taxes will have a fixed rate while the broker fees, depende.

3. During the underwriting period, the investment bank undergoes a thing that wis called bookbuilding, which gauges how much the public is willing to buy the shares. After valuing the stock, they would come up with a price range, and will then announce the final offer price during the offering period.

4. Once a company gets public, their shares are traded in the stock exchange where you could cash in your investments through you stock broker. No lock-up periods for IPOs, lock-ups are usually implemented for strategic holders, venture capitalists and private placers.

5. Not all IPOs are good investments. It is just a vehicle for a private corporation to start getting traded in the exchange. Of course, a number of factors would have to be considered such as the fundamentals of the company, even to the point of who are its institutional investors and maybe even the investment bankers supporting the issue.

6. Stock trading on the very basics would have to be bought low, and sold high. Relatively, you buy when its bad, and sell when its good.

I hope I was able to address some of your concerns.

Pare,

I'm just citing First Gen as case study. But it does not follow na kukuha ako nito. Actually, I'm setting my sights on GMA dahil baka this na sila mag IPO. Gusto ko sana ready ako once GMA goes public. Balita ko din Robina will go public with its new capitalization needs.

Kaso nga, ignarante ako how IPO works. I'm sure other members would also appreciate to know a thing or two about this. So ire-raise ko ulit yung mga tanong ko:

1. Where do I need to go to buy shares?

2. What are the extra charges to look out for?

3. Citing, for sample purposes, the case of First Gen na may Offer Price P51.00 to P62.00 per Offer Share, ano talaga ang presyo nito?

4. How do I redeem my investment? May lock-in period ba?

5. Lahat ba ng IPOs OK pasukan?

6. When is a good time to get in and bail out, just in time for grate piece of the action?

Thanks pare.

• 2 weeks later...