There are two ways to get the IPO shares you want. Getting if from your broker. To be able to do this, you must be doing fairly good business with them, otherwise zero ka. They have their customers to keep happy as a hot IPO is like giving away money. Seriously 20 pct for keeping your money locked up for 2 weeks isnt bad when banks pay 3 percent for one year deposit more or less.

The other way is to get the Small Investors allocation. For all IPO, they are required to set aside shares for small investors, which usually comes to around Pesos 10,000 per person. What you can do is to bring your wife, girlfriend, driver or anyone else to tag along as they will usually give on a personal appearance basis. You need to fill up a form and submit an ID to them. When the PHILNARE was being IPO-ed, the line was like a snake outside the old Benguet ( now BDO) building. Well if you can make pesos 2,000 for getting in line for an hour or two, not bad.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a big investor. But I am pretty good friends with my broker. So sana madala sa pag bully ko sa kanya! :lol:

For the small investor allocations. Is that cash basis?

Edited by aspogg

jazzy,

talaga? then good for you.

as we always say, to each his own talaga. we might disagree with each other's methods, pero the most important thing is that we benefit from the market. that's the end goal naman at the end of the day.

the most important thing is to figure out your own strategy, stick with it and execute it to the letter. we will always be here to keep educating the investing public. please do visit our website and post sa forum namin. malay mo, we learn something from you, you learn something from us. it's a way of spreading the wealth.

cheers!

#&*%^NG Ron Nathan na yan. Hinagis GEO all 40M shares of it yesterday. Chart selling daw. I wonder if he'll buy up atlas today. GEO should go up today if no one else if going to throw away 40M shares of it again in one day.

Nickel slightly down to $39,800 in Canada last night but NYSE rallied 1.3% when bonds yields reversed climb and sank back to 5.20%. Shoyuld be a very good day today, unless foreign funds still believe in Greenspan despite last night's reverse. :)

Mas bwisit si Abacus!!! Ang daming Geo binenta!!! Oh well. Matira matibay! :lol:

Wanted to buy MIC din yesterday!!! 7.8 lang!!! Umabot pa ng 9.2. Sayang nga!!!

#1 Seller with 15m+ again today! Not to worry, almost the end of the line for their selling. That's Abby for you, taking profits only, you'll see them soon again buying GEO... :rolleyes:

still keeping my Geo and Ar and still buying, sell all my meg and ali.

Just curious how come you sold Meg? I'm also thinking of selling meg & ali. But still undecided... :)

#1 Seller with 15m+ again today! Not to worry, almost the end of the line for their selling. That's Abby for you, taking profits only, you'll see them soon again buying GEO... :rolleyes:

Well I heard that Aba still has more than 100m shares to unload. Dunno if its true. Although I'm hoping its right so that I can buy back at a cheaper price! :lol:

usually my practice is 10% cut win or loose, when ever i reach that i release all my stock or half of it maximum for me is 15% i'm trying to decipline my self on trading . have been burn in the past don't like to go back to those day . that's why i sold my meg and ali.

Hi Morissey you wouldn't happen to knowhow much the minimum is needed to buy stocks? say mcdonald's? and how do i get a hold of them?

mcdonald's is not listed in the PSE. but i heard the company that holds exclusive franchising rights in the country is going to go public. im not so sure of that.

in the US, i think its listed.

minimum needed to buy stocks is, i advice, based on your own budget. once you figured out how much you want to put in the market, check out the prices of a stock you wanna buy, then pull out your calculator :)