• 2 weeks later...

If you wanna start investing in the stock market, start by understanding the value of the companies you are buying. Know how much it is actually worth before you buy. Look at how Warren Buffet invests and learn from his techniques. If you understand the value of the stock you are buying then you will also know if the price you are paying for it is high, low, or just right. It helps from getting burned in the stock market. Day trading is not for everyone.

As for COL Financial, my experience is that their system is delayed by a few minutes. Also, I don't think they have a mobile app to trade and monitor your portfolio on the go. If they do have an app, kindly let me know. But their research is sound and you have access to charts and other info.

You may also want to look into PhilStocks. I know someone who is using this and they have a mobile app with up to the minute monitoring. But do your own research to see what fits you.

Is COL finacial good way to start investing in stock market?

I think they have good research team, but due to huge volume some friends of mine aren't so happy.

You can also look at 2TradeAsia, a low-key broker but has a solid research team. I'm 100% with them already after I experienced some COL problems with my other broker FirstMetroSec.

For novice traders, you might stay away at penny stocks and day trading for now. Good luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they have good research team, but due to huge volume some friends of mine aren't so happy.

You can also look at 2TradeAsia, a low-key broker but has a solid research team. I'm 100% with them already after I experienced some COL problems with my other broker FirstMetroSec.

For novice traders, you might stay away at penny stocks and day trading for now. Good luck.

Thanks i will try 2tradeAsia as well.already done with seminar at col

Sitting and Waiting .. Patience is the key ... and knowing some fundamental stuff (kudos to rontan)

after some bad trading in August.. I used some new ploys this September

the past 4 day-trade (some 7-14 days cycle) stocks that I made were all Positive gains .. not that big .. but im happy with it .. seems my newest strategy is working

BLOOM, WLCON, MAC, EW

sayang si IMI.. pinalusot ko nung 13 pa lang.. ngayon hitting 17

Edited by HunkDavao

konti lang pala tayo nag uusap usap sa stock market, meaning wala masyado taga mtc na nag iinvest sa stock market. sana yun mga theras sa spa section habang malakas sila kumita e matuto sila mag invest

MAC ang lakas parang rocket ship. slowly but surely.

VITA napansin ko bumagsak dahil sa bird flu pero kung malampasan nya major resistances e magiging bird flew :D

Sitting and Waiting .. Patience is the key ... and knowing some fundamental stuff (kudos to rontan)

after some bad trading in August.. I used some new ploys this September

the past 4 day-trade (some 7-14 days cycle) stocks that I made were all Positive gains .. not that big .. but im happy with it .. seems my newest strategy is working

BLOOM, WLCON, MAC, EW

sayang si IMI.. pinalusot ko nung 13 pa lang.. ngayon hitting 17

Just passing some wisdom from the legends lang bro. Your welcome.

konti lang pala tayo nag uusap usap sa stock market, meaning wala masyado taga mtc na nag iinvest sa stock market. sana yun mga theras sa spa section habang malakas sila kumita e matuto sila mag invest

VITA napansin ko bumagsak dahil sa bird flu pero kung malampasan nya major resistances e magiging bird flew :D

VITA is on my radar na din.

Yep. I sold my WLCON shares at August 31 and bought stocks that typically does well during Ber-months... WLCON has gained around 7-8% since then, while my total position is down 2% :angry: :(

That's trading.

ok ang mga blue chips ngayon. nagtataasan. kung nakabili ka last 2 months ago, ayos sa gain ngayon

Hi, tanong lang ano ba maganda link to start learning how to trade? And also ung amount to start. Salamat mga master...

IT freelancer here....

what helped me and my partner is Investagrams.. its free membership.. try to explore the forum and then start with the Virtual Portfolio.. buy and sell there.. its just virtual money.. but based on actual stock gains losses. for books and stuff, may links na post si Rontan dito in the previous pages

MAC nakuha ko 10.5... binenta sa 12.5 .. one of my test buys sa strategy..

Trade gains during the bull run - ~6%

Mutual fund gains during the bull run - ~ 13%

Mukhang magandang pang position trading yung Mutual hahahaha joke di pwede may 6 months incubation time.

anong masasabi nyo sa VITA & DD?

VITA ako im waiting sa dip.. somewhere below 2.09 .... si DD overpriced to eh sa book value pero with its projects, napaka Promising

Edited by HunkDavao
  • Like (+1) 1

Yep. I sold my WLCON shares at August 31 and bought stocks that typically does well during Ber-months... WLCON has gained around 7-8% since then, while my total position is down 2% :angry: :(

That's trading.

ok ang mga blue chips ngayon. nagtataasan. kung nakabili ka last 2 months ago, ayos sa gain ngayon

Actually, bumili ako at IPO. Kumita na rin ako about 60% :D Had I held it until Sept 1st week, 68% sana. But that's okay ;)

what helped me and my partner is Investagrams.. its free membership.. try to explore the forum and then start with the Virtual Portfolio.. buy and sell there.. its just virtual money.. but based on actual stock gains losses. for books and stuff, may links na post si Rontan dito in the previous pages

MAC nakuha ko 10.5... binenta sa 12.5 .. one of my test buys sa strategy..

VITA ako im waiting sa dip.. somewhere below 2.09 .... si DD overpriced to eh sa book value pero with its projects, napaka Promising

Mahal na si DD. Tumaas din sya masyado via speculative buying... Delikadong sumasakay baka magka speculative selling :lol:

Trade gains during the bull run - ~6%

Mutual fund gains during the bull run - ~ 13%

Mukhang magandang pang position trading yung Mutual hahahaha joke di pwede may 6 months incubation time.

Let's clarify:

Kung index tracker fund, yes only 6%.

Kung equity mutual fund or bank UITF, yes 10-15%.

Kung position trading ng growing and stable company, 20% or more.

Suggestion, pick you own stocks and hold for couple of months.

STI WPI APC TUGS CLC MAC.... all time high na psei =) still playing with basura stocks hehe =)

Masaya kung masaya, kaso kakapagod magbantay ng basura stocks.

• Like (+1) 1

EDC was a bull trap yesterday... went up to max of 8.9 mid-day.. pag-dating sa hapon nagbentahan ang mga ungas.. closed at 7.3 .. good thing i stuck with my strategy and didn't do a test buy on this one

IMI is looking like WLCON ... POSITIVE NET FOREIGN BUYING for the past 7 days..

Anyone looking at ACR (Alsons)?

Edited by HunkDavao