Since I am promoting ABS, ill post the disclosure that they made before PSE.

The ABS to have reported estimated 121 earning for last quarter to surplus loss they encounter 114.

this figures is good for holder this means that they are back in business, the adjustment that they made last quarter were effectve and effiecient.

di sa pagmamayabang... i'm just happy madami akong na sell na tumaas today.

since i started stock trading in january my portfolio increased 11% in 4 months. that is about 34% per annum

is that good or average?

i think that's both good and average at the same time.

good kasi at least you're ensured that you'll do better than most investments like time deposits and bonds.

average kasi i got *

*an equity mutual fund that grew 19.7% from january to last week a

*an equity uitf fund that grew 7.7% in 6 weeks

*a balanced uitf fund that grew 5% in 6 weeks also

cool... pero yung mutual fund kasi medyo mabagal increase depending on how the fund managers handle the money. i doubt malaki tinaas ng figures na yan after today.

unlike sa stocks you handle your own money and if you are good, mas mapapalaki mo pa through agressive investments... of course the risk involved is greater.

so yun ang batting average ko as of may 4.

today (may 5) i sold more, so my net profit rose to about 40K in 4 months. that is about 10K per month average.

so in 1 day i increased my profit to 15% in 4 months or 46% per annum.

of course the downside is the risk... who knows malugi the next week. but mutual funds also carries risks but lower nga lang since me strict investment guidelines.

and speaking of mutual funds... i have some in philequity invested july last year and january this year. i also have another in atr-kim eng january this year. di ko pa na compute magkano na yun

i think that's both good and average at the same time.

good kasi at least you're ensured that you'll do better than most investments like time deposits and bonds.

average kasi i got *

*an equity mutual fund that grew 19.7% from january to last week a

*an equity uitf fund that grew 7.7% in 6 weeks

*a balanced uitf fund that grew 5% in 6 weeks also

short term ABS is bullish.

if you are agressive, buy now and sell near 16. its up to you if you want to wait and see if it breaks up that level. if it does (buy it back at a lower price if you sold it and) sell at around 21 or 22.

if you are conservative, wait for it to break up 16. if it does, buy and sell at 22.

Since I am promoting ABS, ill post the disclosure that they made before PSE.

The ABS to have reported estimated 121 earning for last quarter to surplus loss they encounter 114.

this figures is good for holder this means that they are back in business, the adjustment that they made last quarter were effectve and effiecient.

Guest River

market went up substantially today. still holding on to most of my stocks.

still have pax, ictsi, mwc, chi, petron, bpi and mega.

i think its about time to sell mwc, mega and ictsi. i'll just have to see its movement next week.

Guest River

anybody still buying mining stocks?

based o experience, my biggest gains in trading are from mining and oil. however, the risk is huge.

these past few weeks, the gains on mining issues are substantial. because investors are expecting metal prices to go up. and it did.

right now we are expecting metal prices to go down (actually more on hoping that it will go down). if it does, we may see correction on mining issues.

short term ABS is bullish.

if you are agressive, buy now and sell near 16. its up to you if you want to wait and see if it breaks up that level. if it does (buy it back at a lower price if you sold it and) sell at around 21 or 22.

if you are conservative, wait for it to break up 16. if it does, buy and sell at 22.

actually I already buy MORE ABS stock after the stampede accident when the ABS stock drop, Like I said before Buy now when the market is still down. BUY Now BUY NOw..

The stampede incident will be forgoten, and the stock will recover like nothing happen....

As of May 12 stock raise up to 15.75, if you buy stock before in the price of 10.50 to 11.25 you can sell them now.... or wait.

just a rumor, on monday there will be a meeting "rumor" they might pass resolution that they will issue a divided for this year.

cool. pero i mostly base my trades after analyzing the movments. though i'd say abs will be doing well short term... but take note, short term ha. down parin ang long term trend nya

good luck

actually I already buy MORE ABS stock after the stampede accident when the ABS stock drop, Like I said  before Buy now when the market is still down. BUY Now BUY NOw..

The stampede incident will be forgoten, and the stock will recover like nothing happen....

As of May 12 stock raise up to 15.75, if you buy stock before in the price of 10.50 to 11.25 you can sell them now.... or wait.

just a rumor, on monday there will be a meeting  "rumor" they might pass resolution that they will  issue a divided for this year.

ok i'll give a free and unsolicited advise...

ABS might pull back to near 16 level. if it stays there and not go down below 16, it is good. mag up trend yan until about 22. so kung mahaba pasensya mo, hold on to it.

omico is OM? don't have much data.

BPI looks good long term. short term is not so good. it may be going sideways. but you can still make money if that happens...buy the low at about near 66.5 and sell it near 70 or 71. its next up surge may reach near 74 or 75.

mining is a lot of fun if you like risk. pero the rewards are good.

good luck!!!

Friday the ABS Stock Closed at 17.

Short term ok siya yon  nga maganda dahil mabilis ang trend mabilis ang movement.

Meron din ako Omico at BPI, meron I think I am lossing sa mining, kaya nawalan ako ng interest

PRESS RELEASE

Issue Date: May 15, 2006

ABS-CBN’s 1Q06 net income recovers to P121 million

Summary

ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.’s net income reached P121 million in 1Q06, a reversal from

last year’s P132 million loss. The turnaround in profitability is attributable to a lower cost

base brought about by last year’s headcount optimization as well as more judicious

production cost spending. Moreover, airtime revenues improved by 4% as the Company

continued to strengthen its primetime programs. Revenues were also boosted by license

fees from the migration of North American DTH (direct to home) subscribers to

DirecTV’s platform.

Gross revenues up 14%

Gross revenues rose by 14% YoY to P3,954 million, driven by license fees from DirecTV

and higher airtime revenues. Gross airtime revenues reached P2,263 million, up 4%

compared to P2,184 million in 1Q05. Although ratings were almost flat YoY at 14% in

1Q06, parent airtime revenues grew 3% due to a recovery in the primetime ratings in

Metro Manila specifically in the 6pm to 10pm block.

License fees amounting to P409 million were also booked in 1Q06. These represent

revenues from the ongoing migration of existing US DTH subscribers to DirecTV’s

platform as well as take up of new subscribers. Meanwhile, sale of services grew by 2%

to P1,100 million due to the strong performance of ABS-CBN Films which released two

blockbuster movies in 1Q06 such as Don’t Give up on Us and Close To You.

Expense growth lower at 4%

Total expenses increased by 4% to P3,719 million on the back of higher cash operating

expenses. These expenses, however, include a non-recurring charge amounting to P208

million in marketing expenses related to migration in DirecTV. Without this non-recurring

item, total expenses were down 2% YoY to P3,511 million.

With revenues rising faster at 14% as against expense growth of 4%, operating income

increased by more than sevenfold to P391 million from P45 million in 1Q05. This

translates to an operating margin of 10% compared to 1% in the same period last year.

On the other hand, Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization

(EBITDA) went up by 37% to P873 million, translating to an EBITDA margin of 22%.

My tip

APEX Mining.. Has a potential for an upside since a foreign UK investor Crew Mining invested in the company for a majority stake and would infuse Capital for its masara Gold mine to expand production to 200k Gold Oz when expansion is complete. Also , Masara mines would yield more gold according to Mines and Geosciences division of DENR.

mining stocks have been red hot for several weeks now with apx/apxb leading the way... actually PERC leads pero parang oil company yun (same category mining and oil nevertheless)

but that is a very very steep climb and scary coz it might be going down soon as fast as it went up. but as i've said before... the risk might be big, but the rewards are well worth it

My tip

APEX Mining.. Has a potential for an upside since a foreign UK investor Crew Mining invested in the company for a majority stake and would infuse Capital for its masara Gold mine to expand production to 200k Gold Oz when expansion is complete. Also , Masara mines would yield more gold according to Mines and Geosciences division of DENR.

APX just closed at 4.9

APXB at 5.1

tsk tsk tsk hopefully di yun spike or else a lot of people will lose a lot of money.

but i don't think its direction would is downward already. if you could stomach that price movement i think you still have a good shot of earning a lot of money here.

oo nga pala ano? buti nalang di ako bumili.

foreign players are only restricted to the B stocks. and mas ok nga me foreign players. we make money from them hehehehe

yun na lng...medyo risky play sya sa market.especially kung maraming foreign players na nagtatapon ng pera dito sa stak market.. oo nga pala baka masuspend yun stock since di pa magfile sya ng financial statements.

To experienced stockbrokers :headsetsmiley:

Any recommendations on these stocks? Im a newbie and would like to get your opinions

1. MAB

2. ALI

3. MEG

4.PCOR

and

5. FGEN

Market sentiment is puro HOLD pero i believe no one can really analyze the stock market.

online trader ako. i use bpitrade ... ikaw?

i know a little fundamentals pero i rely more on technicals

Right you are! Lalo na kung di nila masyado binubintingting yun fundamentals ng bansang toh. :D hehehe.. Are you a online investor or working in a stock brokage? heheheh just curious, you do your fundies well. :D

I work for citiseconline.com as a HK equities trader. I don't Philippine market but since every morning we get briefings in the philippine and hongkong markets. Also , I hear techie reports also. 3 weeks palng me sa job na ito kaya medyo sablay parin ang techie ko. magvivirtual trading kami next week for it. 3 weeks din ang theory part ka kelangan kong aralin. :D