Guitar Talk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Got myself a Russian Big Muff and a Double Muff. These pedals really work for me.

They're more of fuzz rather than distortion but it's what I wanted sos they now have a place on my board.

Only problem is the darn power outlets -- the DM uses the pin type while the Russian BM has none at all! Problem was solved with the One Spot plug adapters. Cost about PhP 150 each but it beats using batteries all the time.

Beautiful sound... just what I needed...

hello! im shopping for a multi fx...can you recommend a good brand/model? im looking at boss me70 has anyone tried this out? thanks!

heard that Digitech is nice.

check out their website

www.digitech.com

im planning to buy one too from this brand...hoepfully this xmas :)

If I may suggest:

Just mentioning a "Brand" is not enough reason for selection. Each brand offers several models that may or may not suit your playing style, aesthetic preference--not to mention also your budget.

Additionally, a few items must also be considered such as neck profile preferences, solid or laminated tops,jumbos or dreadnoughts or thn bodies, types of amplification such as inner mics or transducers/ piezos or if they use Fishman, Shadow or similar name pickups and pre-amps. Do a bit of research in Google so you can at least follow what guitar store people will say.

If you are a beginner, I recommend that you get a friend who is knowledgeable to accompany you to the stores so he can guide you in your selection. Try out all the brands yourself and see what feels right for you - or what sounds better to your ears. Then determine if the model is within your budget. Most of all-- try out the guitars! If a store won't let you test them, then it is best to leave that shop as testing a guitar is part of the buying process. Ask for warranty details and compare.

As you try each guitar, you may be surprised to note the differences in each model such as over all string balance, playing volume, overall tone and the feel of the neck in your hands.

Some guitars sound good in natural unplugged mode but is quite dull when plugged in. Other guitars are thin sounding unplugged but comes alive when amplified. In the end, listen to your own heart and your ears as you're the one who will use the guitar-- but take note of suggestions from your friend or the guitar store staff.

i'm looking to buy a new acoustic-electric guitar, which would you recommend guys? fender, takamine, yamaha or ibanez? im currenlty gearing towards ibanez.
if you have the dough to purchase an ibanez... dude go for it! :boo: :thumbsupsmiley:

haha yeah, i'd go for it. I was in market-market the other day, and they still don't have a price listing for the ibanez v series. so maybe i'd have to wait a couple of weeks more.

If I may suggest:

Just mentioning a "Brand" is not enough reason for selection. Each brand offers several models that may or may not suit your playing style, aesthetic preference--not to mention also your budget.

Additionally, a few items must also be considered such as neck profile preferences, solid or laminated tops,jumbos or dreadnoughts or thn bodies, types of amplification such as inner mics or transducers/ piezos or if they use Fishman, Shadow or similar name pickups and pre-amps. Do a bit of research in Google so you can at least follow what guitar store people will say.

If you are a beginner, I recommend that you get a friend who is knowledgeable to accompany you to the stores so he can guide you in your selection. Try out all the brands yourself and see what feels right for you - or what sounds better to your ears. Then determine if the model is within your budget. Most of all-- try out the guitars! If a store won't let you test them, then it is best to leave that shop as testing a guitar is part of the buying process. Ask for warranty details and compare.

As you try each guitar, you may be surprised to note the differences in each model such as over all string balance, playing volume, overall tone and the feel of the neck in your hands.

Some guitars sound good in natural unplugged mode but is quite dull when plugged in. Other guitars are thin sounding unplugged but comes alive when amplified. In the end, listen to your own heart and your ears as you're the one who will use the guitar-- but take note of suggestions from your friend or the guitar store staff.

thank you. i have an officemate who's really a guitar freak. and i am convinced that i'd go for ibanez ( he recommends yamaha ) yamaha and takamine are nice brands, warm-sounding. but i've also tested ibanez and i like how crisp the sound is. I've tested all 4 brands that i mentioned, (haven't played a gibson or taylor since it's way over my budget) haha

next time, i'd test ibanez with an amplifier. and acoustic amplifiers cost more i heard..

Well it depends on your playing style, comfortability, budget and the guitar's sound (every guitar is unique) so I suggest you try out all your options before purchasing, brands are not important, ex: Van Halen & Brian May :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks ^_^ yes! i already made my choice.

go for Ibanez! :)

oo naman! :thumbsupsmiley: as soon as magka price na sila ^_^ yahooo!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

What Ibanez model or series do you recommend ? Price range and Specs?

Its just that guitar players who know about the instrument will not ever just say "go for Ibanez" or " Go for Yamaha or Fender". Its just like saying go for Toyota or Honda without ever specifying what model.

I have been playing guitar for more than 30 years now and have a decent exposure to many guitars and brands --both electric and acoustic. As such, I know that not every model or series a manufacturer comes out with is good or excellent. Many branded guitars are not what one might expect.

Here's a good local site that has info on guitars: ( Check out the Guitar Central Forum)

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/

Thanks!

go for Ibanez! :)
Edited by 16track

^

Both of us are going for the same model, Ibanez V series, with Ibanez AEQ200T Preamp and pickup, i tested the guitar myself, and i like the sound, i've also tested takamine, yamaha and fender. ^_^

price is still undetermined, i'm waiting for audiophile to have the pricing available for that specific guitar. they gave me an estimate of 15k. ^_^

Edited by youmakemewannabeabetterman

The staff in Audiophile Manila and Robinson's Pioneer are quite friendly enough. Do ask them for some discount and they just might oblige. :thumbsupsmiley:

^

Both of us are going for the same model, Ibanez V series, with Ibanez AEQ200T Preamp and pickup, i tested the guitar myself, and i like the sound, i've also tested takamine, yamaha and fender. ^_^

price is still undetermined, i'm waiting for audiophile to have the pricing available for that specific guitar. they gave me an estimate of 15k. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...