Guitar Talk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if this post will be approprite here....but some of the country's best guitar plAyers are plYing at "my bros mustache" qc. Try the place, last nyt was awesome. Mon espia, joniver, joey g, noel c. And a lot more in one show....

U could get personal with the Artists playing there and u could certAinly ask them anything about guitars!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

No Gibson/Ephiphone...the last time I saw a Gibson was in Perfect Pitch Megamall back in 2003.

They phased out the Brand because its to expensive and the sales is down back at those times

Now a days, I see Gibson in online selling sites. don't know if its original or what.

Better go for Fender - Squier(for budget) or Ibanez

No Gibson/Ephiphone...the last time I saw a Gibson was in Perfect Pitch Megamall back in 2003.

They phased out the Brand because its to expensive and the sales is down back at those times

Now a days, I see Gibson in online selling sites. don't know if its original or what.

Better go for Fender - Squier(for budget) or Ibanez

I believe that these stores can carry Gibson as long as they have an assurance buyer.

For these days, you can deal with them and order basis.

For sure, it will cost too much. I suggest you buy Gibson or Ephiphone at Tom Lee Music in HK...

• 1 month later...

I believe that these stores can carry Gibson as long as they have an assurance buyer.

For these days, you can deal with them and order basis.

For sure, it will cost too much. I suggest you buy Gibson or Ephiphone at Tom Lee Music in HK...

yep, hk is the nearest dealer that i know of that carry a good selection of gibson guitars. although sometime in the past, i saw a genuine sg for sale in yupangco makati (me and my dad frequent that joint, we're one of those that make the business good for mr. philip yupangco laugh.gif) but it was the only stock that they have. as of this moment i have no idea where i could procure any epiphones, i want an emperor so badly.

as for the difference (strat vs. les paul), my personal choice goes for the strat. i have both strats and teles, the fender (not squier) strat really has that fat, bluesy tone that i like (especially the neck pickup). i tried other styles (jazz, progressive metal ala the usual dream theater) and it works pretty well too (although when it comes to "shredding", i tend to use my ibanez) but what i like most about the strat is that it goes well for my style of playing, which is bluesy with shades of classic rock thrown in. my workhorse guitar, though, is my tele. i find it to be quite hardy, no frills, easy to tune, simple 3-way switching, a volume and tone knob. just add your hands and you're good to go.

i also had the benefit of trying out a les paul (not a les paul copy, just to be clear). i think the les paul is designed for the heavier types of rock, and it plays really well with that style. i found the bridge pickup a little too trebley, though, and i never got the hang of the different knobs. it feels different too, maybe a tad too small (i have large-ish hands) and the scale feels (seems) small. don't get me wrong, the les paul is a fine guitar as well, however, my personal choice would still go to the strat for the reasons aforementioned.

anyway, i think one's choice should not be determined by the brand and model. find what suits you, find what you like. it doesn't need to be expensive to sound good to you, right? as long as you're getting your stuff from a reputable luthier, in the end it's all about the music

cheers laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Mga tol, baka may alam kayo na mabibilhan ng Gibson Les Paul dito sa Pinas, need ko brand new and yung original, wala kasi akong card na pangbayad online :)

Last month I checked out LAZER at the basement level of SM CITY NORTH EDSA (main mall). They carry Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul. They also have EMG Active Pups but a bit pricey. Hope this helps.

Edited by wraith95
  • 1 month later...

how will tom lee ship the gears here? pano yun customs? would you know how much the taxes will be? estimate lang.

In my years of experience in guitars, online purchase is not recommendable...

In guitars, eventhough they are branded, you should try and play it with yourself to check your grip, resonance, intonations, string alignment, and other factors based on each guitar player...

I have tried some models in Tom Lee in HK that are not that good to consider it is branded.

I've tried lots of expensive guitars like Gibson, Parker, Gretch, Ibanez Prestige models to name a few, each model has the unique experience.

Before I buy guitars, I tried it all and my preference is the "Grip"...

I always consider thin necks & low string alignment for the ease of playing...and syempre, lightweight dapat para di parang bass guitar ang dala mo...

The easier to play, the quicker you learn...

Edited by muffinguitar
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...