Guitar Talk

I just bought a Squier Affinity Series pack with amp since that is the cheapest beginner guitar I could find. Well, I don't care about the quality of the guitar since I'm still in a "Soul Searching" state really. So, I treat this as a mere hobby just grab the guitar for an hour or more of nonsensical playing everyday. I'm still practicing chords stuff and doing finger exercises. Just tonight, my B string snapped. Oh, well. Must be a sign. Hahaha. I will buy a string online and I'm thinking of buying a usb interface just for fun. I happen to find a guitar rig somewhere in the internet might as well try it. =)

But sometimes, I feel frustrated when I watch guitar videos on youtube. Especially those shredding toddlers. Cuts my manly ego in quarters. But who cares, we can't afford a guitar when I was their age so I've got one reason. Hahaha! Anyways, is it not too late for me? I'm considering on enrolling on a guitar course at The Guitar Institute of London, but yeah. Maybe I'll just probably end up working my ass until I die. >.<

thanks 16tracks! and oh...do you know a place where i can get patch cables? i've been to a couple of music stores, wala silang stock. i'm into analog fx at the moment hehehe grabe ang dami nanaman bagong multi fx sa market. maybe i should invest in stomp boxes instead :D

Patch cables...Assemble ka na lang. A few feet of RG wire, mono 1/4 inch jack, soldering lead and soldering iron.

I recall that Audiophile yata does patch cables while you wait. I had my XLR cables done by them.

A friend I jam with got his patch cables from the In Tune Store ( Behringer retailers ) in Robinson's Galleria. Depends on the length you need ang price. Some players have their patch cables customized to the layout of their boards.

Good luck!

:thumbsupsmiley:

thanks 16tracks! and oh...do you know a place where i can get patch cables? i've been to a couple of music stores, wala silang stock. i'm into analog fx at the moment hehehe grabe ang dami nanaman bagong multi fx sa market. maybe i should invest in stomp boxes instead :D
Edited by 16track
  • 4 weeks later...

I checked tommy emmanuel on youtube...

Kinda reminds me of Phil Keaggy and Earl Klugh. I only listened to one song of Tommy Emmanuel, and I'm already impressed by his melodic sensibilty. Ang galing nya sa chord melody! Hindi jazzy yung napakinggan ko, nevertheless he made the guitar sing! Which is what everyone of us should be trying to do instead of just 'wanking' 200 notes a second. But then again doing this once in a while is good for the soul....once in a while.

T.E. playing Angelina

great find reix! do you play guitar too? do you have any videos of yourself playing the guitar that you would like to share?

http://www.youtube.com/blues2death

Edited by blues2death

bluestodeath:

Very nice videos you got.

Whew! Some serious chops there you got there bro on the King of the Blues track.

Very nice tone too-- Surprising to know that it came out of a 10 speaker Crate.

Testimony to the beautiful touch you have garnered through the years.

Lines6 Podxt sure is a nice thing to have kaso expensive nga lang so I'm stuck with a small digitech. hehehe)

I have a few videos of me (in DVD format ) jamming with Johnny B and Miguel O on Heartbreaker, Livin Lovin and Rock and Roll with Charlie Y on vocals a coupe of years back at Pipeline but I can't post it here since I haven't got their permission. I'll try to get the audio na lang...

What the Strat you have there? As for me, I'm still loving my Gretsch Electromatic with Bigsby

Cheers bro! May you have more gigs there! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/blues2death

hey guys....check out my vids, tell me what you think...

hey 16track! long time no see man.....

• 1 month later...
^nice tone bro...ano pick ups gamit mo? im looking for a noiseless single coil. ano ba ok ngayon? medyo pricey yung kinman...im alooking at dimzarzio. thanks!

thanks bro, stock lang to sa gitara ko (fender 60th annversary strat--diamond anniversary kaya my diamond sa headstock) vintage 57s ata yung stock nito eh.

i never heard of kinmans... di na ako tumitingin ng bagong gamit masyado. bukod sa satisfied na din ako sa tone ko ay di ko rin naman maafford bumili ng bago ngayon. pero i heard Lindy Fralins and Bareknuckle pickups ay maganda daw, pero medyo pricey din.

I got fender texas specials on another strat, and they're still pretty good for me. madali akong ma-please I guess.

again depende din sa sound na gusto mo. habol ko kasi yung medyo mala SRV ang tunog...or Hendrix.

Pag humbucker naman....suggest ko yung Seymour Duncan na JB model(Jeff Beck) for the bridge...ang ganda nun! nagkaroon ako nun for 10 yrs, walang kupas!

Dahil sa pangalan mo, mukhang mahilig ka sa Telecaster.... meron ka bang pics sir?

• 2 weeks later...
hello! im shopping for a multi fx...can you recommend a good brand/model? im looking at boss me70 has anyone tried this out? thanks!

I've tried the me-70 by boss. It's by far the best in the market out there. It's like having 15 to 20 different stomp boxes placed neatly in a little package. Four pedals, and an expression pedal which controls wah, volume and even delay. the controls are very simple. it's just like having stompboxes under your toes. the coolest feature for me would be the 38second looper which you can loop infinitely. There's an intelligent harmonizer which simulates iron maiden and judas priest riffs. There's also the pre-amp function which simulates different amps and cabs. If modeling is not your thing then you can use tha functon as an on-board equalizer ( low, mid, mid-freq, high ). You can use it as real time stompboxes or program your own user presets and summon them by turning the 4 buttons into two, up and down bank and the other two for up and down patch. By far the simplest multi-effects pedal out there. Die-cast metal. built like a tank.

Cons. Buttons are too close to each other. It's very possible to hit the wrong button accidentally in live, dimly -lit, stage situations. Anothe con, to control the reverb function, you have to buy a separate pedal set ( Boss FS-6 ). If you like the ME-50 or ME-20, then you will surely love the ME-70. I'm getting one of these pretty soon too. i just want to get rid of my ME-20 and other pedals via ebay. Enjoy bro.

pardon the short ad.

our band is looking for a synth/keyboardist and a progressive bassist, in case anyone of you also plays any of those aside from guitar. sessionists are welcomed. our studio is in parc chateau, onyx st. ortigas across metrowalk.

search our original song at youtube under "skar demo". PM me if interested. thanks!

Edited by jay_lanz