Guitar Talk

I guess my post was taken by the waves when the system was upgraded. :D

Anyway, I was asking if anyone here knows a site where I could check the chords of the song, TSHIRT sang by Princess and a guy. It's a whole album of duet accoustics. I'm so inlove with the versions. :)

Thanks, in advance! :)

Ibanez dude. nice choice. you get both quality and sound with this guitar. plus, investment din yan. think of it as a Honda...mataas ang resale value. :P

haha yeah, nakabili na ako last January :P sulit naman ;)

is there a shop here who sells martin guitars?

if im correct sa mga JB music stores.

anybody here in the Philippines selling Dean or Wasburn Dimebag guitar?

Dean sa JB Washburn, i'm not sure kung sa perfect pitch ko nakita or sa Lyric.

Les Paul or Strat? :unsure:

Personally I'm a Les Paul guy because I love the 2-vol 2-tone configuration and the pickup switch that also doubles as a killswitch. I also love the rich "singing sound" of the stock humbuckers. It has an amazing sustain and stays in tune, probably because of the fixed bridge... and even better if it's a set neck. Only complaint is that it's not as clean sounding as the ordinary strat and you can't do that much tricks due to the absence of a tremolo bar.

But then again, it really depends on the genre as well your type of sound. If you prefer the ballsy in your face rich sound and great sustain all the time, then get the Les Paul. If you wish to be conservative, get the standard strat. To be more versatile, you might as well get a fat strat, the one that has a humbucker in the bridge position or replace the bridge pickup of the standard strat with a mini humbucker.

Personally I'm a Les Paul guy because I love the 2-vol 2-tone configuration and the pickup switch that also doubles as a killswitch. I also love the rich "singing sound" of the stock humbuckers. It has an amazing sustain and stays in tune, probably because of the fixed bridge... and even better if it's a set neck. Only complaint is that it's not as clean sounding as the ordinary strat and you can't do that much tricks due to the absence of a tremolo bar.

But then again, it really depends on the genre as well your type of sound. If you prefer the ballsy in your face rich sound and great sustain all the time, then get the Les Paul. If you wish to be conservative, get the standard strat. To be more versatile, you might as well get a fat strat, the one that has a humbucker in the bridge position or replace the bridge pickup of the standard strat with a mini humbucker.

To be more specific, which is more versatile? I think I should've asked that also. ^_^

To be more specific, which is more versatile? I think I should've asked that also. ^_^

Of the two? Based on the available music genres, I think it's the Strat due to its thinner, quieter sound when in clean tone, an equally great sound when distorted and with other effects (chorus, wah, flanger, etc), a tremolo arm that allows you to do more tricks and sounds. Almost every song with a guitar track I've heard has a strat sound, usually clean tone, slight blues crunch or all-out distortion.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to this:

I also think the Strat is more versatile instrument than a Les Paul when it comes to playing most of the paying gigs that we do. I often used a Strat for many occasions in place of the LP. However, since I have always been fond of the Les Paul- lately I had gone on to somehow in the middle by using the Telecaster for the gigs we play now.

Hmmm... the Telecaster is a totally different animal than either Strat or LP. For what I do and what I need--I found out that the Tele can deliver! Never thought of myself as Telecaster man before but I certainly got to liking it the more I used it.

Of the two? Based on the available music genres, I think it's the Strat due to its thinner, quieter sound when in clean tone, an equally great sound when distorted and with other effects (chorus, wah, flanger, etc), a tremolo arm that allows you to do more tricks and sounds. Almost every song with a guitar track I've heard has a strat sound, usually clean tone, slight blues crunch or all-out distortion.
Edited by 16track
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...