Guitar Talk

I love Angus Young!

Thunderstruck and Highway to hell remains a jam favorite.

Up to now- an AC/DC cd is inside my Car.

As far as I can recall, Angus Young plays an SG direct to a couple of 100 watt Marshall heads. He does not like pedals and prefers to plug straight to the amps.

For guitars, as much as I love Les Pauls and Strats -- I have a strong liking for SGs as well. The guitar's design allows access to higher frets with much ease plus the lighter body creates a tonally different sound than Pauls.

That kind of reasoning gets my wife to allow me to have both! heheh!

AC DC music ko.
Edited by 16track

Haha! Nice to know Im not alone in the thread with AC DC disc in car. Actually what I have in it right now is a 10 song compilation disc I made from their 2 best albums :

Hells Bells

If You Want Blood You've Got It

Shot Down In Flames

Shook Me All Night Long

Givin The Dog A Bone

Back In Black

Shake A Leg

Highway To Hell

Get It Hot

Shoot To Thrill

Ok ba pareng 16rack?

By the way, I am bummed as what I have been reading from the Internet about Robot not going to be produced for leftys was confirmed by the Gibson company itself. I cry discrimination haha! With reluctance, I asked for my next choice, the blackburst, and they too said they don't carry that for leftys. Ouch!

Now we all know every rule has exceptions. For sure they will make exceptions for owner's relatives, Gibson executives, celebrities, and those willing to offer obscene amount to have it. Im also certain those who will sleep with the makers can also get a lefty robot and free at that!

However, not falling under those billings, I am slowly contenting myself on the next option : the classic ebony left handed solid guitar (SG).

BACK IN BLACK ! . . . YES I'M BACK IN BLACK !!!!

post-110449-1227063793.jpg

Over expensive ang tube amps haha. Grabe. Not for me right now. With that, Im going back to my original plan of getting a starter Marshall MG100DFX semiconductor amp. Unless you guys have tips on affordable brand new tube amps. Tipo bang Php25000 or less.

Tips naman on tuners. What do you think of Korg pitchjack Guitar Tuner ? Any other recos?

post-110449-1227067755.jpg

Plano kong bumili ng Dean Vendetta XMT...

OK na ba yun?? :rolleyes:

may alam pa ba kayong mas cheap na dean?

if i were you mag ipon ka muna, tapos mag hanap ka ng 2nd hand na maganda pa. or kung swak naman sa budget mo yung brand new ok din. consider it as an investment.

a japanese ibanez RG is my weapon of choice.

guys ano ba ok na amplifier...price range ko is 25k to 30k..........currently im not into a bunch of stuffs ( work takes me away from practice ) just a good amplifier na footswitchable between channels. currently im looking into line 6 amplifiers ( wish i could afford a mesa boogie combo or the peavey jsx 1x12 combo T_T )

• 2 weeks later...

wow, high-end guitar players pala dito... :upside:

anyway, just sharing my own guitar playing story... :hypocritesmiley:

growing up in a family of guitar players (mother, father, aunts and uncles, my siblings), I eventually learned how to play this instrument... but it ends there. hehehe... I can play guitar, but not the hardcore type like my brother and father do...

one thing I am sure of (and I AM very SURE for that matter)... girls tend to be more attracted to guys who can play this instrument... :flowers:

as hammett fan suggested, a 15watt amp could be a fit for me. so i researched on Marshall MG15DFX and he is right. this is just a good fit for me - a beginner who's into ACDC and living in a one-bedroom apartment. i mean why go 100watts when i can not play that loud anyway (well, i could but maybe just one time).

next on my list is the wireless gear : schaffer vega, sennheiser or line6. hmmm...

Over expensive ang tube amps haha. Grabe. Not for me right now. With that, Im going back to my original plan of getting a starter Marshall MG100DFX semiconductor amp. Unless you guys have tips on affordable brand new tube amps. Tipo bang Php25000 or less.

Tips naman on tuners. What do you think of Korg pitchjack Guitar Tuner ? Any other recos?

if you can live with plugging and unplugging you instrument cable to tune your guitar. it's a good choice already. but if you're like me who doesn't want to go through that hassle and have your own pedal board, i suggest you buy the pitchblack tuner. it's a stomp type tuner with true bypass capability and great tuning accuracy. i have one and love it.

anong kailangan iupgrade dun?? sabi kasi ngung may ari ng shop korean made daw yun...

kaya di ako sure kung bibilhin ko nga yun..

actually may guitar na ko kaso luma na, tsaka mumurahin, SX brand..

Replace tuners to Gotohs, Grovers, Schallers or Sperzels

Replace pick-ups to GFS, SD, DM etc.

Replace pots to Alpha or CTS and input jack to Switchcraft

It depends on your budget bro. The cost of upgrades will be almost the same or greater than the price of the guitar when you got it stock.

guys help! may amp ako marshall v20 luma na sobra naka tambak lang and sira nasaksak kc sa 220 any suggetion where to get it fixed? dami ko na natanungan lahat iba suggestion.. pro lahat ng sasabi wag ko daw dalin sa yamaha mismo kc taga.. and pag napa ayos ko na im planning to sell it coz i dnt play anymore

guys help! may amp ako marshall v20 luma na sobra naka tambak lang and sira nasaksak kc sa 220 any suggetion where to get it fixed? dami ko na natanungan lahat iba suggestion.. pro lahat ng sasabi wag ko daw dalin sa yamaha mismo kc taga.. and pag napa ayos ko na im planning to sell it coz i dnt play anymore

try these guys http://kalikotaudio.multiply.com/ mga stompbox makers yan. maybe they can help with your amp problem.

Replace tuners to Gotohs, Grovers, Schallers or Sperzels

Replace pick-ups to GFS, SD, DM etc.

Replace pots to Alpha or CTS and input jack to Switchcraft

It depends on your budget bro. The cost of upgrades will be almost the same or greater than the price of the guitar when you got it stock.

thanks bro....nagbago isip ko ko eh... :unsure:

baka IBANEZ GRG150 na lang bilhin ko....