I'd stick to index funds, not mutual funds.

A mutual fund is a collective investment scheme managed by professional fund managers. The Fund may opt to be invested in various securities (ie. fixed income or equities). It could be called an index fund if the said mutual fund's objective is to gain capital appreciation by investing index related equities only.

• Downvote 1

A mutual fund is a collective investment scheme managed by professional fund managers. The Fund may opt to be invested in various securities (ie. fixed income or equities). It could be called an index fund if the said mutual fund's objective is to gain capital appreciation by investing index related equities only.

Yeah, you're right. Best to stick to indexed mutual funds.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Serenity12

I invested in a balanced fund with BPI last January and reaped my gains this week - earned more than 50% profit on my principal. Love the bull market and all. Of course, I also know the risks involved.

I invested in a balanced fund with BPI last January and reaped my gains this week - earned more than 50% profit on my principal. Love the bull market and all. Of course, I also know the risks involved.

how much was your investment Madam?? and if i open one, what would the requirements be??

thanks in advance...

:ninja:

Guest Serenity12

how much was your investment Madam?? and if i open one, what would the requirements be??

thanks in advance...

:ninja:

you have to have an atm account with bpi first. minimum is 50 thousand equivalent i think for the alfm growth fund( that's the name of their balanced fund). best of all, i enrolled my investment account in their online site so i can monitor the price daily without calling the bank.

but i was also lucky with the timing of my purchase which is why i earned so much. i'm not sure if the price is too high at this time.

Guest eljuego

^^ hi tanglewoodboy,

bro, it depends on the fund that you will invest in.

Philam Bond Fund - minimum P5000

equity funds/balanced fund - minimum P10000

GSIS Growth Fund - minimum P5000

Dollar Bond Fund - $2000

Thanks.

What's the interest net tax now of the Philam Bond Fund? I remember 6 years ago, it was 8% net of tax.

• Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

you have to have an atm account with bpi first. minimum is 50 thousand equivalent i think for the alfm growth fund( that's the name of their balanced fund). best of all, i enrolled my investment account in their online site so i can monitor the price daily without calling the bank.

but i was also lucky with the timing of my purchase which is why i earned so much. i'm not sure if the price is too high at this time.

ok, thanks....

much appreciated..

so, the minimum would be 50K pala......

:)

i'm selling mutual funds of philam or PAMI. my client invested 70k this january in equity funds. thanks to the bull run, it's almost 100k now since year to date gain is doing at 53%. not bad for an investment in less than a year. the key to mutual fund investment is you have to invest early and think long term. holding period is only 6 months.

i also invested in bpi mutual funds - ALFM. parang fixed income fund lang sya. not aggressive like equities. doing at 7%.

investing in mutual funds is calculated risk so you have to know when to invest and where to invest.

Guest Serenity12

i also invested in bpi mutual funds - ALFM. parang fixed income fund lang sya. not aggressive like equities. doing at 7%.

I also have that- ALFM peso bond fund which is 100% fixed income as you said. Yes, it isn't so aggressive but the historical return is better than some traditional bank products. However, it is their ALFM Growth fund which I really like since it is a balanced fund.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

sa Sun Life ako nag invest eh ok naman, in a span of 3weeks kumita na ng P888 yung investment ko. and okay kasi may kasama na din insurance yun kaya sulit. initial investment ko P3,250. bale every quarter yun

Mutual Funds do not have an insurance component. I believe its a "VUL" or Variable Unit Linked Fund.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I have an Equity Fund account with First Metro. NAVPS is currently at 4.4652. Last time I bought shares (which was last year), it was at 3.7371. I don't really monitor my earnings because in my opinion, holding MF is not as exciting as trading stocks.

Edited by vanillakiss
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

All mutual fund & uitf right now are on their peak & still picking it up!

I think until 3rd quarter it's still ok I really don't know if it can sustain

The higher yield until December . Western country & in Europe put

Their money here in Asia . Philippine is one of the placed they invest

Coz of the trust rating of the president & the GNP growth are getting better

• 2 weeks later...

Not really since variable life has an insurance component in case something happens to you apart from the investment. Uitf is purely investment

But in insurance they charge you with fee at

About 5% & in insurance are longer terms unlike

In uitf after 30 days you can pull out your money

If you want ....