What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

Guest buru_tus
May negative effects ba kapag nag-switch ka from usuall high octane to UNLEADED?

sabi nila pag walang catalyc converter (tama ba???, tamad ko ng i google eh) car mo

dun nagkakaroon ng problema

yung gamit ko naman pwede akong mag switch sa high octane eh

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE NEW V-FUEL FROM SHELL?

THEY ARE MARKETING IT AS FERRARI FUEL.  ANY FEEDBACKS?

I gassed up yesterday and tried V-Power from Shell. Here's what I found out:

V-Power is actually a new fuel product that effectively replaces their top brand.

It is a unique formulation that contains components selected for their ability to deliver more power and acceleration through improved combustion.

It's 95 Octane formulation is designed to maximize the acceleration potential of cars.

It contains Friction Modification Technology (FMT), the same technology used by Ferrari for the F1 races beginning 2006. It is designed to actively reduce friction by introducing a surface-coating component to protect critical engine parts. This helps unlock valuable energy and is designed to give improved performance right from the first tankful.

It is designed to prevent power-robbing deposits from forming on the valves and injection systems. In addition, it is formulated to clean up existing deposits to enhance the responsiveness of your engine. Using Shell V-Power can help keep a new car performing like new for longer and can help rejuvenate older cars.

*These were taken from the flyers they provide at every shell station, obviously to promote the new product.

beware using ethanol based fuel could lead to damage fuel pump/fuel lines and other problems if you car is not ethanol based ready. Hard starting will occur and just got a busted a fuel pump after 2 months of running Ethanol based.

beware using ethanol based fuel could lead to damage fuel pump/fuel lines and other problems if you car is not ethanol based ready. Hard starting will occur and just got a busted a fuel pump after 2 months of running Ethanol based.

I think you're giving ethanol a bad rap... i believe what you should say is... if you're car's old already say 95 below, try considering having your car check if its ready for ethanol... so don't go blasting and say beware of using this and that... sheesshh... think man.

archervinny : i am not giving any bullshit crap. for you info my car is not a 95 below model. its 99 model so if you dont believe me then i dont mind you going ahead using that ethanol based fuel on you car. If any damage do or do not occur is your problem. i am just giving the public motorist a warning on what happen to my car

archervinny : i am not giving any bullshit crap. for you info my car is not a 95 below model. its  99 model so if you dont believe me then i dont mind you going ahead using that ethanol based fuel on you car. If any damage do or do not occur is your problem. i am just giving the public motorist a warning on what happen to my car

Fyi we don't know the history of your car. I've used E10 already on both my cars already and the only thing i noticed about it is that mabilis siya maubos compared to the ordinary unleaded thing. So far i haven't been encountering problems on both my cars and perhaps its because i have them regularly checked every 3 months or every 5T km whichever comes first at the casa itself. Proper maintenance is a key factor here. If we're going to use the premise it is detrimental to cars then why the hell the scientists even considered the technology. And having no damage is certainly no problem at all if that's what you are saying. Its sad what happened to your car... i know how expensive it is to maintain one specially if you have it maintained sa casa mismo then again... nasa gumagamit yan.

Makes sense.  But does the rate of evaporation of high octane fuel makes a noticeable difference if you are going to compare it to regular unleaded fuel?

Then we will have to research on that.....I don't have a ready answer for your question...

Hey Archervinny and S14, wala tayong away ha? This is simply a thread asking what fuel we use in Manila. Don't let them damn, costly, expensive fuels flare the both of you up...... :lol:

Edited by andrewfordmedina
Makes sense.  But does the rate of evaporation of high octane fuel makes a noticeable difference if you are going to compare it to regular unleaded fuel?

AFAIK, the octane ratings don't affect your car's performance as long as you use fuels whose rating is above those recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. Octane ratings is just a measure of how much pressure (during the compression stage) the fuel can take before it ignites (without the use of the sparks coming from the spark plugs). Remember that pressure is proportional to temperature. As the valves compress, the temperature increases thereby making your fuel-air mixture more susceptible to premature combustion which disrupts the timing. The ratings recommended are the minimum amount of octane for your fuel-air mixture not to combust prematurely. So a 93 octane fuel will just explode at the same time as a 95 octane fuel in an engine whose minimum octane recommendation is 89.

The thing is that, the oil companies put in additives to boost the power and the performance into the high octane fuels thereby making these premium fuels which provide greater power. But in the city traffic we have in Metro Manila, I don't think I need that power. Thus I stick with the cheapest fuel possible (I go for Xtra unleaded) and use premium gasolines only when driving on highways.

Then we will have to research on that.....I don't have a ready answer for your question...

Hey Archervinny and S14, wala tayong away ha?  This is simply a thread asking what fuel we use in Manila.  Don't let them damn, costly, expensive fuels flare the both of you up...... :lol:

I'm for flower power brother hehehe... these gas giants are really pushing it, sooner or later we'll wake up and its 50 per liter na hehehe... We really need some alternative fuel na talaga, enough of the freaking octane thingy... good maintenance and the right fuel and go the extra mile. For the meantime these prices are crazy already....

i am not really into arguing here i m just giving my personal comment for those people who havent try the ethanol based fuel. I myself is in the automotive industry business that do servicing and i dont skip the 6 months schedule check myself even though i have not reach my servicing period. What i am stating is the way archvinny critisicing my comment as i dont have any intention of creating an argument here.