What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

hey artist birch. you mean you use petron xcs on your l200 diesel? hm.....

by the way, i tried to make a comparisson of just the petron xcs and the petron extra unleaded on my car. seems the extra unleaded works better. the engine runs smoother

The L200 runs on any diesel I could find. The diesel additive from seaoil seems to work well. I have to do more testing though. Petron extra unleaded and shell unleaded do not seem to have a difference on my other car. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Used Shell Super Unleaded for a while but then after a while my engine wasn't really liked it. Then I had to switch to Petron Blaze, it was fine and the engine was very responsive and all, but it gets me psychologically dahil sa price, so I decided to use Petron Xtra Unleaded naman. As of now ok naman, maganda rin ang mileage. :D

I drive a 1996 Honda Civic LXi A/T. Some upgrades, but minor. I used to use Shell Velocity - I got over 300 km/full tank. If I drive conservatively it would reach as high as 350km/full tank. That gives you a little under 10km/L - my gas tank is 41L w/ 5L used as the "emergency gas" so it has a usable volume of about 36L. But, like thirteen said, even if you are using fuel that burns more cleanly, if you're stuck in traffic, then it's useless.

Now I use Petro X-tra Unleaded. I've calculated the mileage and the lowest mileage I get is about 9.5km/L - and I can usually go above 10km/L. On an automatic w/ an older engine that's not bad...(of course you should always maintain your car, new plugs, oil, etc. every recommended service schedule...) AND, with the price difference between X-tra Unleaded and Velocity, I'm saving some money in the process...:)

high octane is for high compression engine to prevent pre ignition (laymans term "tupe")

low cctane is for low compression engine

octane rating has nothing to do with increase horsepower

Not quite true. As you said it depends on the engine.

Higher octane fuels are designed to be more resistant to uncontrolled combustion, allowing for more compression. If you're using low octane fuel on a higher compression engine, the engine won't be able to achieve optimum performance because the low-octane fuel sometimes burns earlier than expected. I remember watching a comparison on the net, and a Subaru Impreza produced about 14-15 more BHP on 98RON fuel versus 95RON.

Thus, on a high compression engine, there is a performance difference between low-octane fuels and high-octane fuels. For a city car designed for economy, you get little to no difference in terms of HP/torque.

• 1 month later...
for the longest time since old-schooler ako i have been using petron XCS... then one-time hindi na aabot to look for petron i tried velocity. mas mahal ng konti (and tataas na naman ang presyo... haynaku) but i noticed parang mas naging matipid. well it sort of affirmed their claim of better mileage. but ahhh... let's see.

oh and about the seaoil high octane... havent tried. maybe next week kapag i'm running low na on fuel.

after 6 months, i noticed that there isn't much difference with Shell Velocity and Petron XCS in terms of consumption... i also noticed that my mileage depends mostly on my driving. kaya i load whichever fuel whenever needed.

up to now though, i haven't tried seaoil's high octane gas... is it V97?