What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

For sure when the Green light goes one can feel and see the difference when he steps on the gas pedal

AFAIK, the octane ratings don't affect your car's performance as long as you use fuels whose rating is above those recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. Octane ratings is just a measure of how much pressure (during the compression stage) the fuel can take before it ignites (without the use of the sparks coming from the spark plugs). Remember that pressure is proportional to temperature. As the valves compress, the temperature increases thereby making your fuel-air mixture more susceptible to premature combustion which disrupts the timing. The ratings recommended are the minimum amount of octane for your fuel-air mixture not to combust prematurely. So a 93 octane fuel will just explode at the same time as a 95 octane fuel in an engine whose minimum octane recommendation is 89.

The thing is that, the oil companies put in additives to boost the power and the performance into the high octane fuels thereby making these premium fuels which provide greater power. But in the city traffic we have in Metro Manila, I don't think I need that power. Thus I stick with the cheapest fuel possible (I go for Xtra unleaded) and use premium gasolines only when driving on highways.

Question.... Nakakasama ba sa makina ang papalit palit ng gas?

Ex. Today Shell premium, bukas Petron naman, sunod caltex.

Thanks

From what I know....they're basically the same.....so it should not cause the engine damage with the frequent changing of fuel brands. The marketing thrust is meant to arouse curiousity, make sales, and establish brand loyalty amongst customers.

How bout from velocity, then premium, then unleaded, then velocity again?

Wala nang Velocity ngayon eh.....V-Power na ang kapalit.... :lol:

Yes, I get your point......I don't think it matters either. I've done this lots of times.....mayroon kakarga ako ng premium then the following day unleaded......minsan kasi I tend to forget to gas up so kung saan ako abutan or when I suddenly remember (pag umilaw na ung warning light! :wacko: )

Or get shouted at (Hoy Gising !!!)

Same as anyone else i want to switch to a cheaper alternatives with helpful info

Haha...just a minor downside :P . ...doesn't matter for me...doing daddy driving and am not really up for racing when the light turns green...maggaabot din naman uli kami ng katabi ko pagtawid ng kalye and onto another traffic jam... :P

Well this is advocated as Good Driving habits ....

Jack rabbit starts use more gas .... Gradually accelerate is more economical

Other factors:

Time - I need to get to where i have to go to on time, so i can not let much vehicles pass by me and leave me on the other side on red

Tune Ups - I dont have the time for frequent tune-ups, with high octane gas tune-ups are lesser

What makes high octane gas expensive is that it already has additives ...

Haha...just a minor downside  :P . ...doesn't matter for me...doing daddy driving and am not really up for racing when the light turns green...maggaabot din naman uli kami ng katabi ko pagtawid ng kalye and onto another traffic jam... :P

shell unleaded

question po pag pinag halo mu ung unleaded tapos nag pa karga ako ng premium mag kaka problema ba ako nun?

thanks!

cheers!

have done it...but have yet to experience something bad happening...I even mix up different brands...minsan kasi kung saan na lang ako abutin...though I regretted having to fill up with TOTAL unleaded once....hirap humatak...for my ride at least...

Most of the time i use Shell inleaded but there are time i also use Caltex silver and Xtra from Petron. The best however was Shells velocity, you can really feel the change on the car but its costs too much now so i became practical.

sino po nakaka alam kung ilan kilometer a liter ang tatakbuhin ng mitsu galant 2.0..year 1991? planning to buy 1.....baka kc malakas konsumo sa gas not worht it...tnx bro

From what I know historically, Galants have been known as a gas guzzler compared to the more compact Corollas or Civic (the least or most economical car in its class). Especially since its engine is 2.0L (2000cc). The upside is, it is faster and mean machine.... B)

Guys, just wanted to share an experience with SeaOil...

I borrowed my dad's LandCruiser for the very first time. Since it was an expensive car, I was very nervous and thought of filling it up before I returned it as a "thank you" to my dad. I was on the service road and the nearest station was SeaOil. Filled the tank and drove home. The car was fine and my dad used it after.

The week later he complained of the car being sluggish when he tried to accelarate and of suddenly dark smoke coming from the exhaust (I mean all diesel engines emit some smoke, pero ito SOBRA TALAGA!) We had it checked out and the diesel from SeaOil fouled up the filters etc of the car!