Slimmers World

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a lifetime member since 1997 actually but haven't been back as (as in a real continuous workout) in years. Prob is after office hours, there is just too much people. I go to the megamall branch since its the closest to the house. But when I get there at around 6pm, the earliest threadmill slot would be around 730 or 8pm na :( kakapagod naman to lift weights for 2 hours before doing your cardio.

I've been a lifetime member since 1997 actually but haven't been back as (as in a real continuous workout) in years. Prob is after office hours, there is just too much people. I go to the megamall branch since its the closest to the house. But when I get there at around 6pm, the earliest threadmill slot would be around 730 or 8pm na :( kakapagod naman to lift weights for 2 hours before doing your cardio.

Look for a nother gym then

Have you tried going to their Greenhills branch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've also been a lifetime member, since 1997, originally from the now-closed Timog branch at Sir Williams hotel. I've had my platinum card since then, but am having quite a difficult time looking for someone to work out with. I'm rather big now, and in need of a steady regimen of workouts to get back in shape, and was looking for suggestions or news as to whether they have branches in the PASAY area. Also, anyone looking for a spotter or gym buddy would help. I'm back to being a novice, I guess, and need a lot of help with cardio or strength training.

appreciate any assistance provided.

they had models and agents at mega mall first floor earlier today. sexy

Yea....those brainless idiots tried to recruit us for a "consulutation" when we were at Megamall where we were sponsoring a fashion event NOT 10 FEET AWAY....and not just me, but another Coach, and a well-developmed and tall model-type member of ours who paid for a membership with them, but he doesn't train there anymore since their equipement sucks and he couldn't take it anymore.

Consultation. How insulting can this be, especially considering the boobs at Megamall are just that.....boobs, that don't understand the first thing about how we can look like underwear models but compete in strength competitions at a National level?

We all started laughing to the point that one of the poor girls cried. None of us are gay, but there's no excuse for stupidity, and I wouldn't reproduce with a moron, no matter what her beauty. If a group of guys CLEARLY looks better than ALL of your members, don't you think that the last thing he (they) need is a CONSULTATION from one of the pencil-neck Megamall Slimmers trainers or consultants?

Wonders never cease...and therefore neither will my mouth.

Yea....those brainless idiots tried to recruit us for a "consulutation" ...and therefore neither will my mouth.

Mtc is so full of people with nothing to do but vent their inadequacies at threads where people don't want them to be in. :)

All social graces go down the drain. Wouldn't want to be in the same gym as this obnoxious fellow. hehehe. I go to the gym to de-stress, not to add more stress to my life. hehehe.

Mtc is so full of people with nothing to do but vent their inadequacies at threads where people don't want them to be in. :)

All social graces go down the drain. Wouldn't want to be in the same gym as this obnoxious fellow. hehehe. I go to the gym to de-stress, not to add more stress to my life. hehehe.

No....it's called making it clear that we stand for something and I post stuff like this to make sure the "right" people are pissed off by my "outrageous" behavior, so I don't have to deal with them later if they decide to join or inquire. We seek a certain kind of people....not those who would fall for the business model of Slimmers World.

You see, it took me 1 YEAR to groom a marketing guy since he's an athlete himself. I won't hire any dum dum to run (or especially sell) a gym. If you don't see the point and significance of my post (the big picture), then don't think for one second that I'm sorry I won't get to meet you.

Cheers and good luck in your overcrowded and oversold (and 3rd rate) hell hole.

What I hate about Slimmers World, or even the other mainstream gyms for that matter, is that they have a whole slew of instructors/fitness trainers hanging around the area, but if you don't avail of their PT program, you may as well be invisible to them. I have had to take off plates from the machines that guys have simply left on after using them, and instead of helping me, the instructors simply stand around and chat. Are they there just for the PT or do they simply consider non-athletic trying hard to be fit wannabees like me beneath them?

being in a gym is better than being in none.Im a very avid and loyal slimmers member. i hope slimmers will be here to stay. i just wish that they would make real training programs that professional trainers and some other small but hardcore gyms do. coz' if they dont, they're just wasting the clients time. If you see the reality, most members NEVER really improve. maybe an incremement but that's it. real improvement comes from effort, hard work and contrary to what a lot of recreational 'gymers' " say... a lot of pain.

also regarding nutritional counseling. They would do better to combine a more holistic approach and an extreme one as well by getting real body builder tips to give real suggestions on dieting. nutritionists alone are not the answer. there's a reason (besides supplements etc) why body builders look the way they do.

What I hate about Slimmers World, or even the other mainstream gyms for that matter, is that they have a whole slew of instructors/fitness trainers hanging around the area, but if you don't avail of their PT program, you may as well be invisible to them. I have had to take off plates from the machines that guys have simply left on after using them, and instead of helping me, the instructors simply stand around and chat. Are they there just for the PT or do they simply consider non-athletic trying hard to be fit wannabees like me beneath them?

Even if they don't help you, they should at least have told the individual who used the equipment before you to strip the weights and return them to the racks when they are finished. But this is probably too much to ask as well....

batangas? nearest one there would be in alabang man. <_< still far though.. Heard their opening a new branch at this festival mall at filinvest..

:cry: that's still quite far......

calling slimmer's!!!! :lol: batangas branch please :D

i really need to go back to the gym..... sayang diet :lol: para na akong walaking jelly ace :D

:cry: that's still quite far......

calling slimmer's!!!! :lol: batangas branch please :D

i really need to go back to the gym..... sayang diet :lol: para na akong walaking jelly ace :D

Maybe eclipseguy can set up a kick-ass gym in Batangas or Lipa City... :)

walaking.... as in malaking... o walking..? Buti di ka pinagpipiyestahan ng mga bata dyan.

Edited by arkitekto
No....it's called making it clear that we stand for something and I post stuff like this to make sure the "right" people are pissed off by my "outrageous" behavior, so I don't have to deal with them later if they decide to join or inquire. We seek a certain kind of people....not those who would fall for the business model of Slimmers World.

You see, it took me 1 YEAR to groom a marketing guy since he's an athlete himself. I won't hire any dum dum to run (or especially sell) a gym. If you don't see the point and significance of my post (the big picture), then don't think for one second that I'm sorry I won't get to meet you.

Cheers and good luck in your overcrowded and oversold (and 3rd rate) hell hole.

Yeah, just came back from my third rate hellhole with full-cable TV cardio machines... watching two NBA games and a superbowl playoff game live. plus Courteous staff. Full airconditioning. Hmmm...... what a hellhole.

If George W. Bush will go to heaven, hell doesn't sound so bad.

I mean someone can't even maintain his own gym's thread that he has to trash another.

Yeah, just came back from my third rate hellhole with full-cable TV cardio machines... watching two NBA games and a superbowl playoff game live. plus Courteous staff. Full airconditioning. Hmmm...... what a hellhole.

If George W. Bush will go to heaven, hell doesn't sound so bad.

I mean someone can't even maintain his own gym's thread that he has to trash another.

Thanks for putting the exclamation mark on my point, and the purpose for it. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose, since I was a member there once (years ago since it was the only gym bigger than 100sqm in Malate), and I know what is there and what is not. If you don't know what I mean, then you are not part of our target demographic. "Cardio cable" is standard issue these days. So if you are happy, stay there...please. A discussion forum is for informational purposes and for those who are seeking comparisons and advice from those who would find it very telling how the sales/marketing team can represent the ignorance of their community as a whole. Therefore, I don't understand why you would want to be so defensive of those people who approached us (seeing as how my comments on it is what set you off)....since I wouldn't try to defend something so rediculous and bring more attention to it and fan the flames. This is the kind of thing I find hilarious, and it is why I do this in the first place...because if I was not a member of a gym yet, I'd want to see both sides of the coin and I'd appreciate "outrageousness" that makes me think critically.

Again, if you are happy there, then more power to you.

Thanks for putting the exclamation mark on my point, and the purpose for it. One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose, since I was a member there once (years ago since it was the only gym bigger than 100sqm in Malate), and I know what is there and what is not. If you don't know what I mean, then you are not part of our target demographic. "Cardio cable" is standard issue these days. So if you are happy, stay there...please. A discussion forum is for informational purposes and for those who are seeking comparisons and advice from those who would find it very telling how the sales/marketing team can represent the ignorance of their community as a whole. Therefore, I don't understand why you would want to be so defensive of those people who approached us (seeing as how my comments on it is what set you off)....since I wouldn't try to defend something so rediculous and bring more attention to it and fan the flames.

Again, if you are happy there, then more power to you.

Maybe you mean well, but in case you haven't noticed, you have disrespected every member who is SATISFIED AND HAPPY WITH THEIR PERSONAL RESULTS here from Slimmer's. I don't care how great you brag your muscles and your disciple's muscles are, if you can't understand CIVILITY at all.

For those not happy with Slimmer's World, discuss but not to the point of disrespect to those who are satisfied. In case you you don't know the difference and the fine line between civil discussion and grandstanding and disrespect, I suggest you learn it first, bec your supposed model looks are worthless if you don't know to treat other people with respect.

If the mental muscle is weak...... So 'rediculous' as you said.

Standard issue... but more channels than fitness first. :) Fitness First usually has a limited number of cable channels. Some branches don't even have ETC, or solar sports...

Edited by arkitekto