yung uniform namin. hindi kami naka fatigue kundi naka rayadillo kami. para kaming nasa twilight zone kapag may parade. sa kaliwa sa kanan puro naka green tapos kami naka puting pantalon, charol na sapatos at white na may blue pinstripe na upper garment, letche para kaming mga tauhan ni Emilio Aguinaldo nung turn of the century (20th Century)

1. Laughed at our Deputy Corp Commander for telling us "tanggalin ang silpun , walit at brislit " Got pushed up 20 times.

2. Forgot the name of the event, I got the chance to enter the C-130 plane in Villamor and Cessna Skylanes.

3. Parade Of Sponsors. Most tiring but enjoy being the best flight among all others. Long live Flight Delta !!!

4. Firing Range Day. At Fort Bonifacio. First time to hold and fire m16 on semi auto. Weather is just after rain. Our combat shoes are completely soaked in mud and dried. After that, we went to SM and spread the dirt all over.

5. Craving for the attendace sheet as if we are like men who crave for food.

Nah..Even though I hate those days, still memorable. "HARAP SA LIKOD, RAP!!"

Edited by kjota1989

I was a sunday soldier then back in freshman to sophomore year in 1998 - 2000 (MS11 to MS22) - college.

A bird defecated on my uniform during our 30 minute break. The worst that ever happened on me while eating my sandwich and sitting on a quiet corner.

Our battalion was punished with 100 squats rush and 100 push ups. I really felt pain on my arms and feet because I am no longer active in sports at that time. We were doing this in the middle of the field at high noon before leaving the premises. A bastard cadet was laughing at one of the cadet officer. I can never the cadet private *&%%^^ because of puny antics that got us into trouble in the first place.

I was part of the lost command battalion who never attended first and second day of ROTC (MS-11) because it is boring at first.

I got punished and was stand at guard at the flag post complete with that plastic helmet, gear, M-1 garand Rifle and backpack for 3 hours. Dumb me.

I was punched in the stomach by an old NCO reservist. I am tough enough too withstand his one blow. I never filed a complaint against him to the ROTC Commandant.

Deep inside, I was laughing the s@%t out of myself when the commandant addressed those who have five or six absences must sign up for assignment to the Spratly Islands. What a crap. We are only cadets not regular soldier just to get a passing mark of 3.0 in ROTC (MS12). I think the Spratly Island issue was way hot during Pres. Erap Estrada's time when the Chinese intervened with the Philippine Navy.

I got to shoot 3 round from those old M16 or shall I say AR-15 carbine rifles used during Vietnam conflict. It was fun. I got to on a 3 day venture in Camp Capinpin in Tanay, Rizal. This is how the life of a Filipino soldier is compared to a foreign army I joined in back in 2001. Filipino soldiers lack equipment, logistics but they have the courage and heart to fight the enemy of the state.

We were fed with sloppy and not tasty food in the camp. As if we are prisoners of war.

I was promoted from a buck private to Private First Class (MS11) to corporal (MS12) and later to T/sergeant on MS21 and 22 on our cadetship days from my superiors (no name dropping). That is a crappy accomplishment for me being a leader to a squad of six guys.

Bang bang bang, ratatatatat...

Edited by D. Sanchez
  • 3 weeks later...

during my days in the RO f#&kin TC .... i was the head of the signal corps ... so our duty is to stand by the officers ... as in stand by ... nakatayo sa tabe nila ...

kse sa dami ng kadete ... at lawak ng field sa bonifacio kailangan nila kme for (syempre) communications.

so lahat ng kadete bilad sa araw kme lang hindi dahil ang rason namin sa mga ayabis na opisyal na bawal maarawan mga radyo namin ... masisira mekanismo and un LCD bka "matuyo" ?! heheheheheh so ayun tuwing formation sa field hanggat maaari dapat nsa lilim ang mga tropa ko. So halos lahat ata ng barkada ko kahit wala radyo pinasali ko sa SIGNAL.

hehehehehehe.

during my days in the RO f#&kin TC .... i was the head of the signal corps ... so our duty is to stand by the officers ... as in stand by ... nakatayo sa tabe nila ...

kse sa dami ng kadete ... at lawak ng field sa bonifacio kailangan nila kme for (syempre) communications.

so lahat ng kadete bilad sa araw kme lang hindi dahil ang rason namin sa mga ayabis na opisyal na bawal maarawan mga radyo namin ... masisira mekanismo and un LCD bka "matuyo" ?! heheheheheh so ayun tuwing formation sa field hanggat maaari dapat nsa lilim ang mga tropa ko. So halos lahat ata ng barkada ko kahit wala radyo pinasali ko sa SIGNAL.

hehehehehehe.

nyahahaha!! !ganun din ako nung rotc! signal and communications.

laging nasa lilim.. B)

I never told the official I was sometimes asked to handle the payment (PhP 100.00) of those cadets who are very TAMAD in ROTC. They are paying it to the corrupt officials just to passed the damn ROTC and have a grade of 3.0. So "What you see, what you hear leave it here" motto of the cadet. I lost my trust and integrity with these type of leaders even with our higher ranking official in the real Philippine Army.

Good thing the cadet officers where kicked out of school and the best thing is I already graduated from MS 22 when the squealer named the officers and I am not included in the listed. I just kept my mouth shut and turned a blind eye when this was happening. I know it was very wrong however I NEVER RECEIVED A PENNY EVEN A SMALL FAVOR TO THEM. I felt threatened with this practice.

Ayokong mangyari sa akin yung nangyari sa namatay na cadete sa University of Santo Tomas who exposed the corrupt practices of some official of ROTC Corps when this was a hot issue.

Still remember back in 2001, when ROTC was nearly replaced and revised with NSTP or CWTS. The UST Cadet who in his small crusade died valiantly and had fought a good fight against those corrupt officials. I could have given a medal for his bravery. I salute him for his action.

His actions will hunt those who killed him.

I thank him for exposing these to the public.

Edited by D. Sanchez

CAT, last formation pauwe na lahat.ung kaklase kong medic biglang ngppatawa sa harapan nmin...as much as i tried to hide it ndi ko nkyanan,napatawa kme ng katabi ko...ngalit ung commandant smin and instead na nkauwe kme agad ng maaga, ung buong platoon pndapa sa maputik na field.... instead n skin magalit ksma ko dun sa kaklse nmin medic nglit....damn wla pa nmn me pmlit nun kya umuwe ako ng amoy putik.....

ROTC sucks....no use...doesnt even make sense...dapat hindi sapilitan tong ROTC since hindi naman lahat gusto magsundalo e..Kaya marming pasaway din sa ROTC since hindi naman lahat gusto yun....Boring, kakatamad, mga maangas na officer (di naman papalag sa labas ng school yun e subukan lang nila). Dagdag sa units and gastos...tsk tsk tsk...what a sh*t

Hehehe CAT.. this is one hell of an experience for me. Dito ko unang nakakita ng live... Harharhar!! It happened during my COCC days, bivouac nun and during lights out sa isang tent dalawa ang occupant. Ako and yung isang tropa ko sa COCC or buddy kung tawagin. During those times he has something going dun sa isang upper class namin na girl. Damn she was really hot! Ginawa ba namn nung friend ko eh nagsneak in dun sa tent ng babae. Since merong kasama yung babae so what they did was they sneak back sa tent namin. Pinapalayas ako ng tropa ko eh during those times takot akong lumabas dahit merong nagrorounds na sentinels outside to check for people like my friend. Kinalabasan eh they did the deed while I was still inside the tent.. hehehehe.. toro!

as the saying goes " What you see, what you hear, when you leave you leave it here! "

• 1 month later...
Hehehe CAT.. this is one hell of an experience for me. Dito ko unang nakakita ng live... Harharhar!! It happened during my COCC days, bivouac nun and during lights out sa isang tent dalawa ang occupant. Ako and yung isang tropa ko sa COCC or buddy kung tawagin. During those times he has something going dun sa isang upper class namin na girl. Damn she was really hot! Ginawa ba namn nung friend ko eh nagsneak in dun sa tent ng babae. Since merong kasama yung babae so what they did was they sneak back sa tent namin. Pinapalayas ako ng tropa ko eh during those times takot akong lumabas dahit merong nagrorounds na sentinels outside to check for people like my friend. Kinalabasan eh they did the deed while I was still inside the tent.. hehehehe.. toro!

as the saying goes " What you see, what you hear, when you leave you leave it here! "

astig.

Eto pa .... nun signal ako ... para mapa uwi kme ng maaga nag panggap na breaker na babae yun isang tropa ko (na signal din) ... ayun naging syota nya sa radio yun corp commander namin na crminologist .... hehehehehe .... lahat ng MP ... at Signal tawa ng tawa at pinapa uwi kme ng maaga. ilang training sundays din yun ... kaya nakita namin na gusto ng makita ng commander namin yun breaker ... (libog na libog na ata) ... pinag break na namin sila. Sad day for him, and we know its for his good naman ... and SAD DAY for us ... kse pasado ala una ng hapon nanaman kme uuwi.

Pero di namin pina alam sa mga model platoon .... Mga SIPSEP yun mga yun .... !!! KJ ang mga ulupong. hmp. peace.

nun high school CAT days namin ... nag bivuoac kme ... and nag usap usap kme ng tropa ko na parang ayaw namin mag BV ... ayun pag dating sa camp capinpin .... umarte yun isa kong tropa na nahimatay at nangisay ... ayun hinatid sya that day sa manila at naiwan kme sa kampo. Swerte ng mokong.

Letran po ako nag highschool.