Digital Cameras

yup..upgraded my 8 megapixel casio exilim for a canon eos

nothing beats choice of lenses especially long telephotos for my sports, industrial/real estate and nature photos

just wasn't satisfied with the 3x optical zoom on the casio..even if it had almost everything else that a digital slr has in terms of features

now wanting a vintage hasselblad or mamiya 120 mm medium-format camera with a digital back..for those fashion, commercial/product and portrait shots

so many nice cameras..so little money!

Edited by misterbig7

Hey guys help me out in choosing what digicam to buy. I had initially set on buying an Olympus FE-170 6 megapixel camera. Mall prices was for 9,950. Wellcom was selling it for 200 bucks less kasi they had a 7% discount kuno from the original price of 10445. But when I came by the store today, ubos na daw stock nila and next week pa sila magkakaroon. And just so happens up to tomorrow na lang yung discount. So I decided to look at around na lang for other digicams.

What do you think of the Lumix brand? Ok ba to? I forgot the model but I saw two which were retailing for 14K and 17K respectively and they both looked nice.

My original budget for the digicam was 10K and less but I've decided to raise my budget to probably 15K-17K. I've read a lot of positive feedback about buying digicams at Hidalgo in Quiapo. Is it worth the travel, sweat and heat to travel all the way to Quiapo (I'm from Antipolo btw) to buy a digicam? Is the difference in price for digicams there generally significant from the usual retail price at the mall?

I'm in no way into photography so I have no interest in the high-end, professional-class variety of digicams.

Your thoughts and recommendations please.

So I finally went to Hidalgo last Saturday. Medyo naligaw pa ako pero nahanap ko din. Went to the stores that are commonly discussed here: Mayer, Henry's and Watson among others. Parang kulang sa stock yung Mayer and Watson that day kaya di ako masyado naka-canvas. Sa Henry's ako nakapagtanong. After contemplating between a Sony and an Olymous FE-170, I bought for myself a Sony W50 for 11K. I added an extra 1K for a 1Gb Memory stick. Not a bad deal I thought to myself. Went home and used it inside the house. I was enjoying my new digicam.

Today, I decided to pass by a nearby Mall on my way home so I could compare how much I saved buying my digicam in Hidalgo instead of a mall. I went to two appliance stores and the prices were the same: the same Sony W50 model I bought for 11K at Hidalgo was retailing for 20,999 php at the two stores! That's 10,000 bucks (rounded off ofcourse) savings! Astounding! :cool:

Edited by Immortal666

Kakabili ko lang ng Canon Powershot G7.

check nyo sa link na ito yung kanya specifications:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_g7.asp

Kung nais nyong makakita ng mga sample pictures tingnan nyo nalang sa aking gallery :) lahat ng pix dun kuha gamit yung G7

Mura lang bili ko sa kanya kasi nagpabili ako sa kaibigan sa Japan... half of the price ng binebenta dito.

Ito yung link sa gallery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77037156@N00/

Tip lang po... kung pipili ng camera maganda dapat yung malakas yung noise reduction capability ng camera while still retaining the picture detail. Yun lang po.

To know more check nyo nalang po sa www.dpreview.com Kompletong Kompleto yung mga reviews nila.

I have visited Hidalgo, Quiapo twice already. Didn't stay long on both occasions, as I was only accompanying a friend to buy a digicam. But I must say, the prices are 9-10k cheaper than in shops located in malls.

Anyway, would anyone know which shops in Hidalgo, Quiapo carry Casio Exilim models? Specifically the EX-Z60 or EX-Z70 (preferably black). I'm actually looking for a slim digicam for myself. If there are shops which carry these, how much do they cost?

Compex retails them at the following prices (according to their website):

EX-Z60 Php11,900.00

EX-Z70 Php14,900.00

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies. :)