Digital Cameras

So which is better, Carl Zeiss lens or Canon Lens???

carl zeiss is one of the few lens manufacturers that can set de facto standards for quality. but speaking in real world terms, it's not enough that you select a cam just because of the glass.... case in point: kodak makes cameras according so schneider specs, but their cams suck bigtime.

carl zeiss is one of the few lens manufacturers that can set de facto standards for quality. but speaking in real world terms, it's not enough that you select a cam just because of the glass.... case in point: kodak makes cameras according so schneider specs, but their cams suck bigtime.

Yup, Kodak cameras Suck big time!

Btw, Carl Zeiss lens only contain 3 elements of Aspherical Lens, while Canon Lens contains all-glass aspherical lens.

So, paano ba talaga ang batayan ng magandang lens?

Sony Lens?? there is no Sony Lens. Sony does not manufacture their own lens for their cameras. They buy it from a different company-Vario Tessar.. Only Canon, Nikon, Olympus are only makers of million dollar lenses used by NASA, TV's programs, medicine field, microscopes etc..

Even Sony buys lens for their chip production from these 3 companies.

www.sonystyle.ca

you can find the alpha DSLR lenses by sony

post-42958-1161207218.jpg

Edited by juicer

I think it also depends on the person behind the camera. I have a kodak 3.1 mp camera. It even shots better than 350D sometimes (of course the canon 350D user is also a beginner :))). But for professional use, everything matters :P.

Hello!

Reading your comments, it has been canon vs. sony vs. nikon.

Has anybody here considered Panasonic? Based on reviews, since they partner with Leica, they produce superb quality pics. And I saw one (a compact one) that has a 10x optical zoom but it's only 5 MP. If I'm not mistaken, it's FZ-FX9. It costs $400 here in the MidEast.

So my question: does Panasonic have a Service Center in the Phils? What is the equivalent of this with Canon? How much could it be?

Feedback from Panasonic users will be appreciated. Thanks.

SMIFE:

I have Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 (yes, already with Leica) which I bought last year for about 40K Yen. I have no problems whatsoever. In fact I am very satisfied. The only thing is, they released LX2, not long after I bought LX1. I think Panasonic have service centers in the Philippines.

I also had a Fuji (my very first digicam) which I gave to my parents. A Canon IXY (naarbor ng brother) and a Sony Cybershot, being used by the missus. If I have to rank them:

1 and 2) Lumix and Fuji (virtual tie)

3) IXY

4) Cybershot

Hello!

Reading your comments, it has been canon vs. sony vs. nikon.

Has anybody here considered Panasonic? Based on reviews, since they partner with Leica, they produce superb quality pics. And I saw one (a compact one) that has a 10x optical zoom but it's only 5 MP. If I'm not mistaken, it's FZ-FX9. It costs $400 here in the MidEast.

So my question: does Panasonic have a Service Center in the Phils? What is the equivalent of this with Canon? How much could it be?

Feedback from Panasonic users will be appreciated. Thanks.

all cameras do great if you are printing as normal, Canon picture quality is a cut above the rest but thats not to say Sony/Panasonic etc dont make good pictures. For a normal 6x4 picture any of these high megapixel cameras will look great, in the end it depends on some factors for consumers...looks & features...i dont like the T50/T10 but the reason why im getting it is its small and compact to take to bars/clubs without the bulk of the IXUS 750 i currently have atm...but the IXUS 900 will be replacing that soon...

Panasonic make great cameras however havent touched a Panasonic camera since 2003! so im lost with their models but they do make great camcorders so im sure that will reflect back to the digicams...

Compact digicams are really worth the money spent but I'm quite picky when getting one...I have a DSLR already but obviously its too bulky to bring with me in parties or small occasions...Im torn between getting a canon ixus or a sony...any comments? suggestions? thanks

Canon is really the best brand sa Camera

kung Sa Sony naman mas prefer ko pa iyung

CASIO Exilim if think it's much more user friendly ito

at marami rin features

Compact digicams are really worth the money spent but I'm quite picky when getting one...I have a DSLR already but obviously its too bulky to bring with me in parties or small occasions...Im torn between getting a canon ixus or a sony...any comments? suggestions? thanks

Why not give Sony a quick look - Sony Ericsson K800i. Small enoough for parties. 3.2mp camera, but don't count on good pictures when zoomed in. It only has digital zoom. You can also use it for calling people. :D

I guess he meant camera :lol:

I'm not really into big bulky digicams...I like compact cams so its easier to bring hehe

Hehehe!!! Typographical error Dude!

The reason I liked this model because of it's Manual controls. I really like to modify and change my shots rather than go AUTO all the way.

But, I don't wanna go to the point of SLR cameras which are really expensive.

hi guys! anyone of you have seen the olympus FE 170?

the best thing about it is it's really cheap. 10K only! you may

say what's the features? here it is:

6.0MP

2.5" LCD

Free 128 XD Card

Madami options for best shooting

124 grams only

perfect for a low budget but lots of features digicam!

more so, the brand is olympus! noted for cameras also