Linux Anybody?

I need some help in installing skype on ubuntu. Please somebody who can give me a step by step procedure. Thank you.

Go to synaptics package manager and do a package search there. if skype package is available on your current repo setting, synaptics will find it for you. if your a cli guy, shell as root and run :

apt-get install skype

• 1 month later...
can i install windows xp on top of linux or do i erase linux. Sorry guys.... Super newbie.

Hi,

The rule is always like this,

Install Windows first then Install Linux last.

The problem with the bootloader of Windows is that it does not want to boot any other O.S. except windows. Now GRUB or LILO (linux bootloader) will allow you to boot any operating system that it is capable of reading.

I hope this will be a help to you.

Regards,

Jogon

thanks for the update dude. pero, anakngtinapa, pareho pa din pala itsura ng slackware site. i don't remember na how long it has looked this way.

fave ko din 'to once upon a time, pero this distro has aged like milk (at least since the last time i checked it out which was a while back).

Ok pa din naman siya bro. Dami na linux distro na nakapattern sa slackware. Even my fave distro which is backtrack alam ko slackware din a platform niya. Di ko lang talaga matagalan ang KDE. Maka gnome lang talaga ako. Hehehehe

thanks for the update dude. pero, anakngtinapa, pareho pa din pala itsura ng slackware site. i don't remember na how long it has looked this way.

fave ko din 'to once upon a time, pero this distro has aged like milk (at least since the last time i checked it out which was a while back).

finds it so funny the slack team is not bothered about their website's appearance. the distro is still my favorite, and centos too.

Ok pa din naman siya bro. Dami na linux distro na nakapattern sa slackware. Even my fave distro which is backtrack alam ko slackware din a platform niya. Di ko lang talaga matagalan ang KDE. Maka gnome lang talaga ako. Hehehehe

hate KDE, try www.droplinegnome if you need a gui for slackware.

Edited by cruesome
finds it so funny the slack team is not bothered about their website's appearance. the distro is still my favorite, and centos too.

hate KDE, try www.droplinegnome if you need a gui for slackware.

I like CentOS. Most of the time I deploy CentOS. Very easy to use and very stable. I also use Linux Mint 7 (Felicia) and OpenSuse 11.1. Pinaka paborito ko pa din sa lahat is Mint. Nakakaplay na ng video kahit out of the box.

hello po... i'm new to linux... just installed kubuntu on my laptop... about 5 hours ago. just dabbling with it. i find surning the net faster than on windows though i use the same network. salamat sa mga posts ng mga linux masters. i'm learning a lot na.

my first question, is there a list of applications out there with their corresponding equivalents? (like ms office for windows, openoffice for linux). what's the photoshop equivalent for linux?

second question, how do you install programs and applications? if someone can point to me a url, that would be a great help. thansk in advance!

hello po... i'm new to linux... just installed kubuntu on my laptop... about 5 hours ago. just dabbling with it. i find surning the net faster than on windows though i use the same network. salamat sa mga posts ng mga linux masters. i'm learning a lot na.

my first question, is there a list of applications out there with their corresponding equivalents? (like ms office for windows, openoffice for linux). what's the photoshop equivalent for linux?

second question, how do you install programs and applications? if someone can point to me a url, that would be a great help. thansk in advance!

kubuntu uses adept to install/uninstall programs

you can use synaptic also

for photoshop equivalent use Gimp

• 2 weeks later...