Linux Anybody?

@cruesome: i like your sig "linux. no gates" :D

hahaha that's how the long debate should be simplified.

i remember i posted on one opensource mailing list, people posted off topic replies :)

Yep, I have seen them on the web.

I understand that they require registration and fee

We are promoting open-source but what's with the "required" fee

I may be wrong though

(IF i am, please correct me)

CHEERS!!!

they host events/campaigns, and like any org does, they would need some fundings. got nothing against them, but i found them young rookies at the time, might find myself out of league kasi matanda na ako :lol:

hahaha that's how the long debate should be simplified.

i remember i posted on one opensource mailing list, people posted off topic replies :)

they host events/campaigns, and like any org does, they would need some fundings. got nothing against them, but i found them young rookies at the time, might find myself out of league kasi matanda na ako :lol:

i see BUT

pwede namang mag-host ng linux field day on a minimal budget diba?

wala pong tumatanda, experience lang lumalawak (kasabay ng pagiging kalbo hehehehhe)

me, i started with window$ 3.11 way back 1995

then i switched to linux after 10 years

i see BUT

pwede namang mag-host ng linux field day on a minimal budget diba?

wala pong tumatanda, experience lang lumalawak (kasabay ng pagiging kalbo hehehehhe)

me, i started with window$ 3.11 way back 1995

then i switched to linux after 10 years

hahahahaha guess di ka na nag wordstar and lotus 123 under DOS h/s ako nun around '87, tanda ko na nga. i still remember ansaya ko na sa 9.6 baud with the BBS systems

Guest Leviticus
hahahahaha guess di ka na nag wordstar and lotus 123 under DOS h/s ako nun around '87, tanda ko na nga. i still remember ansaya ko na sa 9.6 baud with the BBS systems

god.. now I feel really old :blush:

include mo na rin ang dbase and BEFORE nagkaroon ng "visual" ang foxpro and basic.

one hindrance for linux migration in my company is user acceptance. hirap pa lalo ako because nasa probinsya ako now. hindi maimagine ng mga personnel ko ano ang ibig kong sabihin ng "tatangalin ko ang windows and papalitan ko ng linux".

Yup, i also used those way back '87 during my college days. I still remember i was banned from the computer room for a month (me and one of my classmate) for doing a file replication using the autoexec.bat in one of those 5" floppies.

Those were the happy days

wordstar 4 - yes

dbase3+ - yes

lotus123 - yes

include mo na rin ang dbase and BEFORE nagkaroon ng "visual" ang foxpro and basic.

one hindrance for linux migration in my company is user acceptance. hirap pa lalo ako because nasa probinsya ako now. hindi maimagine ng mga personnel ko ano ang ibig kong sabihin ng "tatangalin ko ang windows and papalitan ko ng linux".

also used to program using dbase3+ but hanggang duon na lang dahil hindi na covered ng course ko

BSN po kasi

hehehehe

user acceptance is a real pain in the rear bottom, too much resistance.

also used to program using dbase3+ but hanggang duon na lang dahil hindi na covered ng course ko

BSN po kasi

hehehehe

i remember i used dbase and compile those prg with clipper :D

like linux, if you're very much interested, nothing will stop you from being a techie, BS Accountancy here :)

Just a thought:

How about formally launch MTC-LUG?

meron na ba?

wala pa yata, but then i wouldn't expect a lot of interested people.

what's the lowest spec rig or oldest pc you installed linux on?

installed my first slackware on a 386 pc that i scavenged from the office stockroom :D i was toying around perl and sendmail then

Guest Leviticus
on my print-server (cups, samba)

pentium-S 150Mhz

128Mb RAM

SuSE Linux 10.0

window-manager: fwm

:thumbsupsmiley:

napatakbo mo ang Suse 10 on that rig?!? wow, gonna try it out later :thumbsupsmiley: naka 9.8 lang ako, didn't think that the hardware would support a ver. 10.0. 10.1 matakaw na rin kasi ng memory lalo na kung pang-desktop use.

BS Pharmacy here!

napatakbo mo ang Suse 10 on that rig?!? wow, gonna try it out later :thumbsupsmiley: naka 9.8 lang ako, didn't think that the hardware would support a ver. 10.0. 10.1 matakaw na rin kasi ng memory lalo na kung pang-desktop use.

BS Pharmacy here!

yup tumatakbo sya but have to disable the acpi sa bios

i tried fc4 pero ayaw nya kaya suse10.0 na-install ko

yup, gnome tsaka kde matakaw sa user memory kaya fwm ang desktop ko

mas maganda pag wala talagang desktop o window manager pero kailangan ko ng yast2 para sa configuration

pish

i need to backup an ubuntu server using command line.

how do i do this? tia. :)

what i would do is:

1. create a directory on your server

2. share a directory on another computer

3. symlink the shared directory of the networked computer into the created directory of the server

4. use cp (copy) or mv (move) the files

or the easier way

-plug a usb external drive and copy your files there

HTH