Linux Anybody?

question of my own: anyone know any great opensource and preferably free virtualization software?

openVZ gamit namin sa mga mail servers namin, the usual apt get install openvz pero edit mo muna apt source mo. gumagamit din kami ng virtouzzo para sa mga customers namin. eto yung commercial version ng openvz, syempre may dadag tools.

openVZ gamit namin sa mga mail servers namin, the usual apt get install openvz pero edit mo muna apt source mo. gumagamit din kami ng virtouzzo para sa mga customers namin. eto yung commercial version ng openvz, syempre may dadag tools.

ano difference ng openvz sa xen sa vmware server? :wacko:

ano difference ng openvz sa xen sa vmware server? :wacko:

basically yung xen at vmware halos pareho ang architecture kasama hardware sa virtualization. yung openvz OS level ang vitualization :

xen / vmware

Virtual Environment 1 | Virtual Environment 2

Virtual HW 1 Virtual HW 2

Host OS

real hardware

OpenVZ

VE1 | VE2

Host OS

real hardware

Edited by serpentor_ph

re: Photoshop and Gimp, I have to agree with Ronin. Gimp's still a way off-- but it's highly usable for web graphics (i.e. jpg, gif at png). So far hindi ko pa naman siya kinailangan for print, at least not seriously.

Anyway, you can use combinations of applications to do complex work. Tulad kunwari Inkscape+Gimp. Sa Inkscape ka mag-layout, sa Gimp mo i-process yung raster images, tapos bahala ka na kung saan mo i-finalise yung artwork.

As to Flash. I also agree with Ronin. I run my Flash through wine and it works alright. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Question po for the Linux experts :)

Meron po bang magandang dial-up na modem na hindi mahirap i-install at gamitin for any Linux distro? (I have some live CDs for Ubuntu and Fedora and am planning to install it on separate hard drives).

Yung nasa PC ko ngayon, Conexant yung chipset nya (DLink is the manufacturer), but most Google searches lead me to either a driver that requires a license fee to make the whole thing work (the "free version", according to the website, would limit me to a paltry speed :( ) or to a computer retailer's website, which most likely made this driver for their own products. So kung meron po kayong recommended na modem, I'd give it a try. Thanks :)

Question po for the Linux experts :)

Meron po bang magandang dial-up na modem na hindi mahirap i-install at gamitin for any Linux distro? (I have some live CDs for Ubuntu and Fedora and am planning to install it on separate hard drives).

Yung nasa PC ko ngayon, Conexant yung chipset nya (DLink is the manufacturer), but most Google searches lead me to either a driver that requires a license fee to make the whole thing work (the "free version", according to the website, would limit me to a paltry speed :( ) or to a computer retailer's website, which most likely made this driver for their own products. So kung meron po kayong recommended na modem, I'd give it a try. Thanks :)

use ndiswrapper and just run the windows driver for the modem....or you can google for a driver.

Guest Leviticus

^^the most common answer for that is user preference. some users prefer KDE (since kamukha nya ang windows interface) while most prefer gnome. personally I prefer gnome. maskumportable ako dito as compared to kde