i will be working on two Bills

1. that only tax paying citizens will be allowed to vote.
2. allow non wage earners to be tax payers by paying a minimum of a peso a day total of P365.25 per anum.

para pag dating ng election biglang tumaas ang net worth ng bansa natin dahil lahat biglang naging tax contributor.

2. allow non wage earners to be tax payers by paying a minimum of a peso a day total of P365.25 per anum.

para pag dating ng election biglang tumaas ang net worth ng bansa natin dahil lahat biglang naging tax contributor.

Regarding your first bill (that only tax paying citizens will be allowed to vote) that will still lead to everyone having the right to vote. Remember VAT it is a form of tax that is payed by everyone, and I mean everyone. Even if you don't pay your income tax you still have to buy groceries which includes VAT. Everyone is paying taxes one way or another.

I guess it will be better if the voting system has a few questions to identify if the voter did his research about his candidate's advocacy. Haha.

Regarding your first bill (that only tax paying citizens will be allowed to vote) that will still lead to everyone having the right to vote. Remember VAT it is a form of tax that is payed by everyone, and I mean everyone. Even if you don't pay your income tax you still have to buy groceries which includes VAT. Everyone is paying taxes one way or another.

I guess it will be better if the voting system has a few questions to identify if the voter did his research about his candidate's advocacy. Haha.

I think he means no ITR no vote.

Bawasan sana ang mga ahensya ng gobyerno na meron tayo. Kaya nagiging kumplikado lagi ang biyurokrasya satin. Dami dami kasing ahensya ng gobyerno na kelangan mo pilahan at syempre bayaran, pero wala naman talagang totoong silbi O kaya yun mandate redundant na din sa ibang ahensya ng gobyerno.

Halimbawa OWWA at POEA. Ano ba sa totoo lang naitutulong ng mga ito? Tuwing lalabas ka ng pilipinas para magtrabaho kelangan mo pa humingi ng clearance sa kanila bago ka makalabas. At syempre magbabayad ka ng kung ano ano. Tapos ang kunswelo de bobo ng mga ito exempted na daw sa travel tax at terminal fee. Naman! Eh sa babayaran mo din sa kanila at abala sa oras mo humingi ng clearance na di mo naman alam kung para saan, mas makakabuti pa sayo magbayad na lang ng tamang travel tax at terminal fee!

Tapos masama pa, pag lipad naman ng OFW abroad wala na naman silang magagawa para sa kanila. Eh pati nga embahada dun wala rin naman ginagawa. Yung DH sa HK na nataniman ng bala tinulungan ba nila? Hindi! Kinikilan na, pinosasan pa, kinulong tapos di pa pinakain ng isang araw. Daang matuwid my ass!

I think he means no ITR no vote.

Yeah, I think so too. haha.

Well, if that is the case then a lot of housewives and students will not be able to vote. This will significantly reduce the voting population.

What if educated naman yung family? Pero isa lang nagwowork sa kanila which is the Dad? Wala padin karapatan bumoto yung Mom dahil housewife sya taz yung mga anak nag aaral pa pero legal age na? That looked similar to discrimination.

Bawasan sana ang mga ahensya ng gobyerno na meron tayo. Kaya nagiging kumplikado lagi ang biyurokrasya satin. Dami dami kasing ahensya ng gobyerno na kelangan mo pilahan at syempre bayaran, pero wala naman talagang totoong silbi O kaya yun mandate redundant na din sa ibang ahensya ng gobyerno.

I agree with this.

On the same note, why do we have 8 councilors per municipality or city? Why is there a Vice Mayor, Vice Governor and board members? I get it the vice mayor leads the city/municipal council while the vice governor leads the provincial council. The more government positions we have the more we spend on their mediocre performances (salaries and budget). Let's have them handle multiple roles. Like the Vice Mayor, retain the title but reduce the number of council members from 8 down to 3 (the VM will be the lead and the 4th member) same goes for the Vice Governor.

Edited by gwapingsz1

There are also those mandatory positions in the local government such as

Planning and Development Coordinator

Engineer

Health Officer

Social Welfare and Development Officer

Veterinarian

General Services Officer
and the list goes on.

Seriously, I know these positions are needed. Yes. However, are they being utilized to their maximum potential? If they do not have any active participation in the area then they should be removed or be made optional positions (filled only when needed).

Each government employees from the Governor down to the Veterinarian needs to evaluated in terms of their performance. Like, the DILG should measure the individual performance of these employees in terms of attendance, achievements, expenditures, effectiveness, competencies, challenges and action plans and many other forms of KPIs (key performance indicators).

Yeah, I think so too. haha.

Well, if that is the case then a lot of housewives and students will not be able to vote. This will significantly reduce the voting population.

What if educated naman yung family? Pero isa lang nagwowork sa kanila which is the Dad? Wala padin karapatan bumoto yung Mom dahil housewife sya taz yung mga anak nag aaral pa pero legal age na? That looked similar to discrimination.

Nope no discrimination here, Yung Housewife at mga anak na of legal age, pwedeng bumoto pag na meet nila yung 2nd bill which is to allow non wage earners to be tax payers by paying a minimum of a peso a day total of P365.25 per anum.

I totally agree. We have the same thinking. You can 2x or 3x the minimum peso requirement per annum. I think hindi naman masyado mabigat un. For sake of our beloved country. No discrimination here

Nope no discrimination here, Yung Housewife at mga anak na of legal age, pwedeng bumoto pag na meet nila yung 2nd bill which is to allow non wage earners to be tax payers by paying a minimum of a peso a day total of P365.25 per anum.

If your intention is to prevent the non-wage earners from being able to vote because they are non-tax payers, I see a problem here. For sure even those non-wage earners buy a lot or consume a lot from the market. And if you are a consumer, no matter where you get your money from, you pay VAT. And so, that already makes them taxpayers (although not as large as that of the working class).

If your intention is to prevent the non-wage earners from being able to vote because they are non-tax payers, I see a problem here. For sure even those non-wage earners buy a lot or consume a lot from the market. And if you are a consumer, no matter where you get your money from, you pay VAT. And so, that already makes them taxpayers (although not as large as that of the working class).

Vat is different from Annual Income tax, You have no choice for VAT, it is included on all products, while ITR filling is an option. you opt not to pay then you opt not to vote per se.

kung marerealize ng lahat ng Pilipino na lahat tayo nag cocontribute by means of ITR (well maybe change it to MANDATORY TAX RETURN since ITR means INCOME TAX RETURN and not all has income) maiisip nila kung san napunta yung Php 365.25 pesos nila.

Vat is different from Annual Income tax, You have no choice for VAT, it is included on all products, while ITR filling is an option. you opt not to pay then you opt not to vote per se.

kung marerealize ng lahat ng Pilipino na lahat tayo nag cocontribute by means of ITR (well maybe change it to MANDATORY TAX RETURN since ITR means INCOME TAX RETURN and not all has income) maiisip nila kung san napunta yung Php 365.25 pesos nila.

VAT (value added tax) is still a tax. A government runs on taxes. Tax can take up different forms - real estate, VAT, corporate, etc. and not just income tax. Therefore, as long as you pay any of these types of taxes, then you are a taxpayer and you contribute to the operations of the government. And gaya ng sinabi mo, only TAXPAYERS should be allowed to vote (not just income tax payers).

Walang bearing kahit merong iba na "volunteer" kuno magbayad ng income tax. Malamang lumulusot lang ang mga yan at di alam ng BIR. Pero kung alam ng BIR ang ginagawa mo at pasok sa taxable items yun, you are obligated to pay taxes. Or else, BIR will sue you for tax evasion. Paying taxes is compulsory. Wala kang lusot dyan. There is no legal option not to pay up. Otherwise if you can volunteer to file and pay income tax, then everybody would not do it as it benefits them (more take home money, especially here in the country where money is very important). Will the gov't want that too? No, because they'll lose revenue.

Edited by Shadow Minister
  • 2 weeks later...

You are mistaken to think that filing your income tax is optional. It is not voluntary. It is mandatory. If you or the company you work for doesn't file your income tax, the government will run after you and your employer. If you are self employed, e.g. a balut vendor, and you earn above the minimum income level set by the BIR, you have to file your ITR, too.

But Income Tax is only one of the many forms of taxes collected by the government. Value Added Tax, Professional Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Sales Tax, Real Estate Tax, Excise Tax (on cigarettes and booze), Road Tax, etc...

Everybody pay taxes in one way or another even without them knowing it. Everybody --- even those who don't file ITRs (students, farmers, senior citizens, fish ball and balut vendors, etc...)

That is why those who say that only those who pay their income taxes should be allowed to vote are wrong.

Edited by camiar

Ung tax natin sa net na kukuhanin hindi sa gross. Kaya dapat lahat ng utang mo ay salary deduction, para accounted for din.

Every regular employee ng isang company may tax discount ang company mismo. This will promote regualrization of employees.

Kapag ang international manufacturing company e dito gumagawa, pwede cyang magbenta ng products nya on a discounted sa tax. Example kung dito ginagawa ang toyota vios, pwede nya ibenta ang car sa Pinas at a discounted tax.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in our country, there are some authorities who are too lax with their obligations. Like for instance in a suburban or even in rural areas where some altercation or squabble is part of their daily life, I think the Mutual Combat Law is somewhat imperative. It is a consensual fight between two people with a cop being a referee. What does it constitute? More here.

Here in our country, there are some authorities who are too lax with their obligations. Like for instance in a suburban or even in rural areas where some altercation or squabble is part of their daily life, I think the Mutual Combat Law is somewhat imperative. It is a consensual fight between two people with a cop being a referee. What does it constitute? More here.

Europe"s classical Coda Deullo