Phase out older models of vehicles in general

I have a 21 year-old Honda CRV.

It starts instantly, It still runs beautifully.

I used to have it maintained regularly at Honda service center for the first 15 years, but I found a shop in Banawe in the last 5 years that can provide satisfactory but cheaper service.

As long as I stick to its recommended maintenance care, it will continue to run reliably indefinitely.

Why phase it out?

I would agree to additional stricter tests for older cars (e.g. dynamo-meter test, emission test, equipment integrity and safety inspection,etc...) but as long as the car pass those tests, it should be declared roadworthy.

Edited by camiar

I have a 21 year-old Honda CRV.

It starts instantly, It still runs beautifully.

I used to have it maintained regularly at Honda service center for the first 15 years, but I found a shop in Banawe in the last 5 years that can provide satisfactory but cheaper service.

As long as I stick to its recommended maintenance care, it will continue to run reliably indefinitely.

Why phase it out?

I would agree to additional stricter tests for older cars (e.g. dynamo-meter test, emission test, equipment integrity and safety inspection,etc...) but as long as the car pass those tests, it should be declared roadworthy.

Some people don't know how to maintain their vehicles. They will not do anything with it as long it is running.

I ride a public transportation on a daily basis. The emissions are that bad that you need to keep your nose covered.

I agree with stricter tests for older cars. Cooperation should be expected from everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

House Bill No. 1987, also known as the Philippine Responsible Driving and Accountability Act, has been filed in Congress with the aim of protecting drivers who are in the right in the event of accidents involving pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists.

“Under current laws and procedures, drivers or motorists involved in road safety incidents and traffic violations are presumed at fault even when pedestrians and/or other motorists are at fault or also share fault,” the bill reads.

“This bill seeks to make our laws also fair to the drivers who were not at fault.”

Under the Philippine Responsible Driving and Accountability Act, the driver of a vehicle will be presumed not initially culpable or at fault for an incident if any of the following applies to the situation:

1. The victim is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
  2. The victim was not crossing the street at a pedestrian lane or road intersection
  3. The victim crossed a street or highway instead of using a footbridge
  4. The victim is a bike rider not wearing protective gear or wearing dark clothing
  5. The victim is operating a motorcycle, tricycle, or bicycle traveling on a national highway under the minimum speed limit or not on the rightmost lane
  6. The victim is a driver who did not have right of way
  7. The driver did not flee the scene of the incident
  8. The driver was suffering a medical emergency, like a heart attack or stroke, at the time of the accident
  9. The driver of the other vehicle has non-functional headlights, taillights, or other warning devices
Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 9 months later...

All Marriage contracts shall have a 5 year validity only, renewable every 5 years thereof. It becomes much easier to get out of an undesirable union. All one has to do is to wait for the expiration. no more lengthy and costly court litigation endured in a legal separation

Child support obligation is equal for both parents

No conjugal ownership. Who paid for it owns it

Marriage is purely a formal spiritual commitment, expression and declaration of love. Lastly, for the children's legitimacy

Elected Positions should have appropriate qualifications.

Congressmen and Senators should be lawyers.

Never!

Congress should be made up of people who represent the entire spectrum of the Philippine society.

There should be farmers, soldiers, doctors, businessmen, workers, engineers, teachers, etc... to represent the diverse point of views of the people.

• Like (+1) 3

Never!

Congress should be made up of people who represent the entire spectrum of the Philippine society.

There should be farmers, soldiers, doctors, businessmen, workers, engineers, teachers, etc... to represent the diverse point of views of the people.

That was the original intent behind the party-list concept

Unfortunately it has been used and abused by the likes of Mike Defensor et al to reinstate themselves in Congress (aka a group of baboons)

• Like (+1) 1

Dapat may batas na dapat public knowledge and may public access at anytime w/o formal request at required ang end of the year spending report ng lahat ng goverment offices (lalo na yung mga elected offices and individual allocation spending ng mga officials) and ikukumpara ito sa allocated yearly budget nila para malaman kung nagtratrabaho ba talaga sila o mga gagong kurap lang...kasi kahit dayain mo ito mahirap idetalye masyado and pagsisinungaling...lalabas din.

There should be a law against taking a driver's license when stopped during a traffic violation (moving or non-moving)...just issue the citation ticket and keep it moving...it will lessen street level corruption (and will centralize it at the LTO main or satellite offices...mas madaling hulihin ang kurapan).

There should be a law that anybody who have already served an elected public office that you may no longer run for a lower elected office than the one you last got elected to (i-add na rin natin yung reasonable term limits per elected office all the way to baranggay level).

Mag-invest into high speed internet modernization for the nation and renewable and sustainable energy generation (kung masyado tayong takot sa Nuclear power option...masyado ng corrupt at ganid and Meralco as a a major distributor of electrical energy...nagiging ancient na yung mga distribution lines nila pero pataas nang pataas yung singil...parang kabig lang ng kabig at walang future proofing...at nagiging kulelat na tayo kumpara sa mga Asian countries of note pagdating sa online citizenship,business and education orientation dahil and average internet download speed natin e singbilis lang ng upload speed ng ibang bansa...PLDT should partner with Meralco for a full future proofing of their distribution infrastructures...yung di nagdodown palagi dahil binaha o binagyo...duh!)

i-improve yung "prison labor to release programs" para sa mga preso ...kung paglaya mo e wala ka pa ring kabuhayan e di balik ka nanaman sa para-paraan diretsong kulungan...think Iwahig and better..think China...kung alam nyo lang papaano ginagawa yang mga "ready to..." stuff na "made in China"...talagang aayaw kang makulong sa China...pero think China with a bit of heart :D

marami pang mga batas na pwede tayong i-suggest pero sa tinging ko ang pinaka-importante ay...honest and efficient management and enforcement...walang sumeseryoso sa mga anti-corruption laws kasi wala namang big fish na napaparusahan..lahat nadadaan sa teknikalan at under the table...

Since elected din sila dapat may 3 term limit din ang party list tulad ng iba. Lagi nalang nasa kongreso itong mga Bayan muna at Akbayan wala namang inatupag kundi mag rally. Sayang taxpayers money para sa kanila eh supporter naman pala ng npa mga mokong. Pati Gabriela may nagkwento sa akin na abogado yung client nya na rape victim di daw pinansin dahil wala daw dalang media.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, raphaeltan said:

only income taxpayers can vote

many countries are observing this. if you are jobless and you want to vote, keep your receipts with VAT to show you paid the taxes then you can vote. this way, the country would try to provide jobs for its citizens so they could vote for their rightful leaders. 

sa atin, pinapabayaang mababa abg antas ng edukasyon para madaling maloko ang mga mamamayan at di mapanuri at mag isip. Bibilhin na lang nila ang boto mo kaysa magkatrabaho at tumalino ang mamammayang Pilipino.

Dapat ang mga consumers can file a complaint for poor services like PLDT, Meralco, Globe, Smart etc. In which when the complaint is filed kelangan aksyunan agad ng company ung complaint or may penalty sila na per day pag nde nila na resolved agad. Tawag sa Australia, Ombudsman or Fair Trade complaint. Para maayos nila kaagad ang mga complaints ng consumers. 

• Like (+1) 1