The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

i use one of my phones as a modem for my laptop when i'm on the go. i can always connect to smart internet using the PC suite but i could never connect to myglobe internet even though the settings are correct. the csr told me that i should buy a visibility modem in order to connect to their network...which i think is lame.

• 2 weeks later...

got a 2nd-hand globe visibility kit a month ago from ebay..ayos naman there are just certain days where down talaga pero download speed minsan umaabot ng 200kb/s (usually in the morning before 10-11am)..gripe ko lang kasi I can't use my own time-browsing-activated globe sim instead of the provided visibility sim ..yeah dun sa old globe sim ko na 128K nakaka-text ako sa laptop pero hindi ako maka-connect sa internet.. nung tumawag ako sa customer care sabi nila hindi raw pede ang ibang sim yung visibility lang daw..e tanong ko naman, "bakit hindi pede? e yung visibility sim nyo lumang 64 K lang na pinatungan lang ng sticker para magmukhang visibility sim..and dun sa postpaid sim ng utol ko pag pinasok sa flash stick ng globe nakakapag-internet kami?"..ang gago pinag-antay ako't irerefer daw ako sa technical..tagal naman ako naghintay pero hang-up ko na rin naiirita ako sa call hold nila..

Globe your customer care sucks big time!

Globe customer care sucks!

I have handyphone unit on a P800.00 postpaid plan. I've had this number for 4 years, waiting for a retention offer that never seem to come. I got tired of hearing my friends getting free phone or rebate on their plan, and decided to ask for a retention plan for my own.

Imagine my surprise when they told me that they do not have any on-going retention program at the time of my call. I mean, who can accept that line of crap, with millions of subscribers, every day there are people reaching the end of their holding period. So there should always be an on-going promo for these people.

The hardest part is the script they give you does not allow them to deviate. I had to insist that they elevate the matter to higher authorities because I do not accept their answer. And you know how frustrating this can be.

After a week, they gave me a 50% rebate on my monthly dues (instead of a free phone). I liked this better because, at my plan, they would just give me a crappy phone.

No wonder Smart is craming their asses off. (Not saying that Smart is better in all aspect)

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a Globe Visibility Prepaid Kit last week. I must say it that I don’t have regrets that I did but I’m not that impressed with the service.

At times its fast, but there are instances wherein I can’t even surf at a decent speed. Before, I’ve tested Sun Cellular Mobile Internet and the speed was very slow – slower than the slowest speed of Globe. My comparison led me to accept the speed and service – a compromise that if Globe is fast at times and Sun in always slow, it’s better to get the get the lesser evil.

Perhaps it’s because of the location. I’ve tried using Globe in Starbucks and Mcdo and speed is staggering. I can watch YouTube Videos after a few minute buffers.

Oh well, I hope Globe can still improve their service. If they do, I might just be tempted to upgrade to Postpaid plan.

:goatee: this was my experience just recently with globe...i used to register to their unlimited text most of the time...one night since i wasnt gonna be able to use that unlimited text to the max i decided to just register to the sulitxt promo...so what happened was since the sulitxt promo wasnt going through, i sent it at about 5 times...that was around 1030pm...at around 11 i still wasnt getting any response from the service so i got tired and just registered to the unlitxt promo...it was processed shortly after 5 minutes...after which i tried registering to their unlimited call...perhaps i sent it twice...but just like the sulitxt promo i didnt receive any response...so all was well then...before going to sleep i checked my balance...i had around 699 left in my account...when i woke up i was surprised to see numerous replies and confirmation messages regarding the sulitxt promo...when in fact i only sent it for 5 times...much worst, the confirmation for the unlicall only arrived at around 6am...and what sucked the most is that my account which was once 699 was left with 314 if im not mistaken...i called their customer service hotline and in the middle of the conversation perhaps at aroound 5 or 6 minutes they always dropped my call...this didnt only happen once...it happened 6 times...they promised to call me back but never did...so i just didnt bother to call the hotline anymore...it just drains my energy away talking to them... :goatee:

I just bought a Globe Visibility Prepaid Kit last week. I must say it that I don’t have regrets that I did but I’m not that impressed with the service.

At times its fast, but there are instances wherein I can’t even surf at a decent speed. Before, I’ve tested Sun Cellular Mobile Internet and the speed was very slow – slower than the slowest speed of Globe. My comparison led me to accept the speed and service – a compromise that if Globe is fast at times and Sun in always slow, it’s better to get the get the lesser evil.

Perhaps it’s because of the location. I’ve tried using Globe in Starbucks and Mcdo and speed is staggering. I can watch YouTube Videos after a few minute buffers.

Oh well, I hope Globe can still improve their service. If they do, I might just be tempted to upgrade to Postpaid plan.

I was in tagaytay last weekend. I noticed that globe visibility has poor signal there. But in other places i've been to, signal is decent. not very fast but not poor either.

• 1 month later...

mahina na ang globe ngayon, sa lugar namin mas malakas pa 3g signal ng sun samantalang papatay patay ang 3g signal ng globe

pagdating naman sa mga charges talo na nito ang smart pagdating sa mga charges at pagubos ng load mo. kung prepaid ka kahit wala kang tinitxt o tinatawagan nauubos ang load mo

balak kunang gawing for tertiary use ang globe sim ko

tama na ang pa elite effect kung pasama ng pasama ang serbisyo nito

• 4 weeks later...

Is Globe DSL (Innove) throttling down its Peer-to-Peer (P2P) connections? This is with regard to torrents, Limewire, E-mule downloading. As of 10am, May 15, 2009, from my normal torrent downloading rate of 130-150kbps, my rate when down to 30-35 kbps. However, browsing and other downloading remained at normal rate. And just to be sure it was not my torrent settings, I used limewire and emule simultaneously. The total download rate regardless of number of files for torrent, limewire and emule never went beyond 35 KBPS. I also did the same tests on my laptop just to eliminate the possibility that my desktop was at fault, and it also yielded the same results.

Until now, Globe has not advised any reason for this despite my calling their customer service numerous times and visiting their Greenbelt centre 3 times. All they metioned was that they work on this problem Monday. If nothing happens by this Monday's end, I'll post another thread regarding how lousy their support service.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Is Globe DSL (Innove) throttling down its Peer-to-Peer (P2P) connections? This is with regard to torrents, Limewire, E-mule downloading. As of 10am, May 15, 2009, from my normal torrent downloading rate of 130-150kbps, my rate when down to 30-35 kbps. However, browsing and other downloading remained at normal rate. And just to be sure it was not my torrent settings, I used limewire and emule simultaneously. The total download rate regardless of number of files for torrent, limewire and emule never went beyond 35 KBPS. I also did the same tests on my laptop just to eliminate the possibility that my desktop was at fault, and it also yielded the same results.

Until now, Globe has not advised any reason for this despite my calling their customer service numerous times and visiting their Greenbelt centre 3 times. All they metioned was that they work on this problem Monday. If nothing happens by this Monday's end, I'll post another thread regarding how lousy their support service.

Thanks

yup they are, better look for other ISP if you can, I also heard sky broadband is also doing the same.

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=162031

http://pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?t=17997

Thanks

try using bitlord first

I'm also an Innove (Globe Broadband) subscriber and never encounter any problem in downloading from any torrent sites

encountered this problem with our PLDT MyDSL connection at our other house

torrent download speed is max at 65kbps

Mark, thanks for your advice. But BitLord does not seem to work fine with my PC. DOn't know why ...

Anyway, my P2P connection is now back to normal. But based on darkwish77's info ... for how long ...

Darkwish77, thanks for the info. And the CSRs and even Innove center staff and heads claim not to have any knowledge of my presume suspicion inquiry about capping P2P connections. Just wondering though, what's the reason for the capping? Infrastructural limitations, cost-cutting or international legal pressure about P2P sharing.

Thanks

yup they are, better look for other ISP if you can, I also heard sky broadband is also doing the same.

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=162031

http://pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?t=17997

try using bitlord first

I'm also an Innove (Globe Broadband) subscriber and never encounter any problem in downloading from any torrent sites

encountered this problem with our PLDT MyDSL connection at our other house

torrent download speed is max at 65kbps

But before we let let our guard down, pls. check this out:

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/telecoms/glob...ies-p2p-issues/

(Thanks to Yuga)

Per this, I think they should publicly define what their interpretation is of "abusive users". They should not use ambiguity tactics for this just as an excuse to implement capping in the future.

And just for info: the CSRs in 211, 730-1000 and 919-8888 are outsourced personnel and NOT Globe employees. You may use this to report and log problems but it is more effective to then do follow-ups at the Globe centers with Globe employees.

I'm so pissed this morning. I just want to know if I can retrieve a MMS thru the website, since it is also indicated via SMS that i can go to the www.myglobe.com.ph something to retrieve the MMS. I have not configured yet the settings of my phone, and MMS usually expires within 24 hrs. (tama nga ba?)

For the meantime I just want to know if I can do it quick on the web, and if yes, I want her to guide me where will I go because I cant seem to find the MMS section on their website. Then that customer service rep keeps on explaining i need to configure my phone settings, which I'm willing to do but that procedure has to wait since I'm kinda rushing. And if that is the only least thing we can do, I won't waste my time retrieving it on the Globe website, and do the configuration instead. THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm not asking her to do a miracle or some kind of magic. i just want her to answer my question, how could it be so hard?

Goddamn. I don't know if their phone lines got screwed all at the same time, or she hung up on me, or I'm the idiot asking the stupid question! But that's the reason why techie idiots call the customer service, so they can be enlightened.

And just for info: the CSRs in 211, 730-1000 and 919-8888 are outsourced personnel and NOT Globe employees. You may use this to report and log problems but it is more effective to then do follow-ups at the Globe centers with Globe employees.

so if they are outsourced what are they entitled to do? then their pay must be half, because they're doing half the job only.

and why do they keep on pushing a wrong argument? if they can't handle the concern just because it's not within their level anymore, why can't they escalate the call? or better advice to go to Globe centers. it would be more helpful pa.

mahina na ang globe ngayon, sa lugar namin mas malakas pa 3g signal ng sun samantalang papatay patay ang 3g signal ng globe

pagdating naman sa mga charges talo na nito ang smart pagdating sa mga charges at pagubos ng load mo. kung prepaid ka kahit wala kang tinitxt o tinatawagan nauubos ang load mo

balak kunang gawing for tertiary use ang globe sim ko

tama na ang pa elite effect kung pasama ng pasama ang serbisyo nito

if you guys just backread, i posted my complaints about globe's erratic billing and globe wireless' blind spots in many locations. yeah, even right here in quezon city. pinagtyagaan ko yan ng 1 year, i complain whenever i'm near the globe center in quezon avenue. i always raise my voice so everyone in that center hears, that certainly turned off a lot of customers. you know what, the staff there couldn't care less if they lose customers. maybe they're just there for the wages, mas gusto nga siguro nila mas konti ang clients para less ang complaints. hehehe, just my 2 cents.

globe? Booo!

Edited by remoteworld
But before we let let our guard down, pls. check this out:

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/telecoms/glob...ies-p2p-issues/

(Thanks to Yuga)

Per this, I think they should publicly define what their interpretation is of "abusive users". They should not use ambiguity tactics for this just as an excuse to implement capping in the future.

I think you're wrong... Globe has its own call center located at Pioneer in Mandaluyong..

• 4 weeks later...
got a 2nd-hand globe visibility kit a month ago from ebay..ayos naman there are just certain days where down talaga pero download speed minsan umaabot ng 200kb/s (usually in the morning before 10-11am)..gripe ko lang kasi I can't use my own time-browsing-activated globe sim instead of the provided visibility sim ..yeah dun sa old globe sim ko na 128K nakaka-text ako sa laptop pero hindi ako maka-connect sa internet.. nung tumawag ako sa customer care sabi nila hindi raw pede ang ibang sim yung visibility lang daw..e tanong ko naman, "bakit hindi pede? e yung visibility sim nyo lumang 64 K lang na pinatungan lang ng sticker para magmukhang visibility sim..and dun sa postpaid sim ng utol ko pag pinasok sa flash stick ng globe nakakapag-internet kami?"..ang gago pinag-antay ako't irerefer daw ako sa technical..tagal naman ako naghintay pero hang-up ko na rin naiirita ako sa call hold nila..

Globe your customer care sucks big time!

This also happened to me when I was using my old prepaid sim in the visibility USB. I tried to visit their business center a couple of times and found out that old sim/mobile number's internet are not automatically activated. The activation will be done in their switch and took at least a week until I can use the internet. Good thing the customer service staff at Q. Ave and Trinoma are very patient in helping me solve this problem.

Yes, but the staff there are "outsourced".

Furthermore, Globe has already determined the "legality" of restricting certain bandwidth features (particularly P2P) based on one's plan package. Thus, expect a "capping" to come soon based on monthly downloading. Say, one can only download via P2P 20G per month.

I think you're wrong... Globe has its own call center located at Pioneer in Mandaluyong..
  • 2 weeks later...