The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

Got Mine nung January 2007 pa. At First It was very slow and unreliable. But Now I am loving it kasi I can surf and access the net anywhre that has globe signal. Swerte lang siguro ko kasi everywhere I go may 3g signal. Average Speed ko siguro is around 700. Fastest I got was 1.2 Mbps.

Dropped Globe for our corporate subscription and went with SMART mainly because of VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Ikaw na nga ang customer e ikaw pa ang makikiusap na palitan na ang mobile units dahil over two years na ang subscription, at parati pang out of stock yung units na qualified for our replacement.

I confirmed na napaka-BULOK ng service nila when I submitted my notice that our company will STOP our subscriptions and will switch to another provider e saka naman ako inaalok ng kung anu-anong packages.

GOOD SERVICES AND SUPPORT is part and parcel of continued customer loyalty!

Dropped Globe for our corporate subscription and went with SMART mainly because of VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Ikaw na nga ang customer e ikaw pa ang makikiusap na palitan na ang mobile units dahil over two years na ang subscription, at parati pang out of stock yung units na qualified for our replacement.

I confirmed na napaka-BULOK ng service nila when I submitted my notice that our company will STOP our subscriptions and will switch to another provider e saka naman ako inaalok ng kung anu-anong packages.

GOOD SERVICES AND SUPPORT is part and parcel of continued customer loyalty!

tama ka... ganyan din nangyari sa kin when i notify them i will stop my subscription saka ka naman aalukin ng promos nila.... [poor service talaga globe....

Hey bros. I am currently using Globe 3G mobile Broadband (that's what it says on my USB modem). I work in Makati and live in Pasig.

My experience is that if your location registers with EDGE coverage then the connection is fast - fastest I've ever experienced is 2mbps downstream if the network is not congested. If EDGE is on the HSDPA activates. Compared to other networks in the world HSDPA is older and slower but it is the fastest we get here.

My modem claims a maximum of 3.6 mbps but that is to Globe's servers and is not a reflection of actual speed. Most online speed tests peg my connection at 700++ mbps on the average (both in Makati and Pasig).

Overall, ok naman ang service. I've hardly had any problems with connections. For surfing and browsing, it is more than adequate. However, downloading e-mails on Outlook can be a major pain because that is when you see how much slower it is compared to and office LAN on T1. Plus if naputol yung download, the damn thing starts all over again and I end up getting 1,000 unopened emails in my inbox, most of them duplicates.

For my needs the tradeoff between mobility and speed is more than adequate. The price is also reasonable (2k monthly), compared to wired DSL options from say, PLDT (999 for a wired connection UP TO 300 something kbps). Plus you can text from your laptop. Basta may signal ang globe connected ka na, and more often than not being able to access Skype, MSN Messenger or YM gets the job done for me because I will still get my emails on my BlackBerry.

Edited by dikhedd
mga pre tanong ko lang: dun ba sa package ng globe wireless internet 995pesos, may bayad bang monthly yung provided na modem? Kasi my brother was able to get a brochure, e it was stated na aside sa 995 may monthly 300 pesos rental pa sa modem, totoo ba ito? ano experience nung mga nagpakabit ng globe wireless internet dito? thanks!

Usually, included na sa monthly charge yun, no additional charges ...

Pero di ko pa rin sure, sa Smart kasi inclusive na yun modem

yung globe dsl okay na for the price they are offering. what really gets me angry is the racket they have with their cellphone service.

i have made several complaints about their catxtcism charges. this is the charge when the subscriber replies to a txt sent thru the chikka computer program. i have asked them to bar all txt messages from the chikka network but they said it cannot be done.

the worst part is I DID NOT solicit the service and they are forcing me to accept such service. it is impossible to determine whether the texter sent the message thru the chikka next work unless one carefully takes a look at the cel phone number at the end of the message.

the problem is when one receives a message, his immediate action is to press reply without taking a look at the senders number. YAN ang RACKET kasi ang mahal ng txt pag reply mo. P2.50 ang bawat txt.

actually it is not the amount, but the principle that the subscriber did not solicit the service but Globe is forcing the service to earn more money kasi mas mahal pag nag reply ka.

RAKET TALAGA!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
yung globe dsl okay na for the price they are offering. what really gets me angry is the racket they have with their cellphone service.

i have made several complaints about their catxtcism charges. this is the charge when the subscriber replies to a txt sent thru the chikka computer program. i have asked them to bar all txt messages from the chikka network but they said it cannot be done.

the worst part is I DID NOT solicit the service and they are forcing me to accept such service. it is impossible to determine whether the texter sent the message thru the chikka next work unless one carefully takes a look at the cel phone number at the end of the message.

the problem is when one receives a message, his immediate action is to press reply without taking a look at the senders number. YAN ang RACKET kasi ang mahal ng txt pag reply mo. P2.50 ang bawat txt.

actually it is not the amount, but the principle that the subscriber did not solicit the service but Globe is forcing the service to earn more money kasi mas mahal pag nag reply ka.

RAKET TALAGA!!!!!!!

I had the same complaint! I already went to Globe office for three times to stop the sending of unsolicited text messages. Sabi nila tinanggal na daw nila for three times thats what they said. Ang funny pa dun free daw yun. Then i asked them. Bakit kapag may load lang ang prepaid ko kapag dumating yung mga advisory na yun?

Tapos malalaman mo sa news. Pinakamalaking kinita na company is GLOBE!@ Hahaha... BS!@

i've been a fan of their g-cash service. its convenient, fast, and cheap. well that was up until a few days ago. i convinced my friend in Singapore to send me the money (he asked me to buy something for him) thru gcash. i recieved an sms confirming of the transaction. the following day, i went to the nearby globe business center to cash out the money only to find out that they dont know how to transact such business because its not the ordinary gcash wallet-to-wallet transaction. i called 2882 and they said it was under their Advice And Pay service. then she talked to the frontliner for like 30 minutes. when the frontliner cam back i was relieved because i thought i could finally get the money but i was wrong. she said i have to wait until the money is reflected on my wallet.

so i went home. a few hours later, i again called 2882. sabi naman nung csr, i dont have to wait because their Advice and Pay service uses a different system. i should just go there and show them the SMS i recieved. so i immediately went back to the Globe business center. the frontliner, again, talked to the csr. tapos she said they dont have access to the portal so i have to wait until tomorrow. after business hours pa daw kase pwde install yung program since may customers sila. ~.~

the next day i went back, and they said they've already installed the program, but they still dont have access to the portal because they need to ask permission first from the main office. so they got my number and told me they would call me once they gain access to the portal.

they called me the following day saying they still dont have access to the portal and then directed me to a pawnshop to have my transaction there. the pawnshop was a friggin 20 minute ride away from my place compared to the 30 minute ride to the globe business center. the transaction went on for like, 10 minutes lang.

they could have directed me to that pawnshop on the first day i went there. but instead i wasted gas on going back and forth to that darned business center. >_<

i've been a fan of their g-cash service. its convenient, fast, and cheap. well that was up until a few days ago. i convinced my friend in Singapore to send me the money (he asked me to buy something for him) thru gcash. i recieved an sms confirming of the transaction. the following day, i went to the nearby globe business center to cash out the money only to find out that they dont know how to transact such business because its not the ordinary gcash wallet-to-wallet transaction. i called 2882 and they said it was under their Advice And Pay service. then she talked to the frontliner for like 30 minutes. when the frontliner cam back i was relieved because i thought i could finally get the money but i was wrong. she said i have to wait until the money is reflected on my wallet.

so i went home. a few hours later, i again called 2882. sabi naman nung csr, i dont have to wait because their Advice and Pay service uses a different system. i should just go there and show them the SMS i recieved. so i immediately went back to the Globe business center. the frontliner, again, talked to the csr. tapos she said they dont have access to the portal so i have to wait until tomorrow. after business hours pa daw kase pwde install yung program since may customers sila. ~.~

the next day i went back, and they said they've already installed the program, but they still dont have access to the portal because they need to ask permission first from the main office. so they got my number and told me they would call me once they gain access to the portal.

they called me the following day saying they still dont have access to the portal and then directed me to a pawnshop to have my transaction there. the pawnshop was a friggin 20 minute ride away from my place compared to the 30 minute ride to the globe business center. the transaction went on for like, 10 minutes lang.

they could have directed me to that pawnshop on the first day i went there. but instead i wasted gas on going back and forth to that darned business center. >_<