Does God Answer Your Prayers?

Don't see the relevance of this reply. Jesus was supposed to be executed to fulfill the prophecy.

That's the paradox of reading the Bible based on personal interpretation. The best way so far is historical-critical method popularized by Raymond Brown.

Prophecy? What about Christ's free will? He could have refused the "cup" if he wanted to.

That's the paradox of reading the Bible based on personal interpretation. The best way so far is historical-critical method popularized by Raymond Brown.

Prophecy? What about Christ's free will? He could have refused the "cup" if he wanted to.

Personal interpretation? Are you assuming this? Is your best way recommended by Catholics/Christians?

If Christ wanted to use his free will, then we wouldn't have catholicism/christianity or your namesake?

He has eternal life, and he will resurrect himself anyway. I don't really get it.

Yes, He does. He just chooses when and how to answer, and which prayers He will indulge. Sometimes, He just gives it to me as how I asked for it. When I was younger, I asked for someone to love who would love me back even if I would end up getting hurt. He did give me such person and I did end up getting hurt. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, He does. He just chooses when and how to answer, and which prayers He will indulge. Sometimes, He just gives it to me as how I asked for it. When I was younger, I asked for someone to love who would love me back even if I would end up getting hurt. He did give me such person and I did end up getting hurt. :lol:

Why did you include the condition "even if I would end up getting hurt"? Just curious :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did you include the condition "even if I would end up getting hurt"? Just curious :)

It was my way of bargaining with God so that He would give me what I thought I wanted. It was like asking a favor from a friend and promising to do something in return.

He recently answered my prayer. And He does have a sense of humor. He gave me someone I didn't really expect and He added a few challenges for good measure.