How Do Filipinos View Balikbayans?

Fool seriously did you really think i was affected by your post? i was clowning your ass since day one , fool get over your insecurities, pretty much everyone here thinks your a straight up clown i dont even know what to say anymore . I tried being matured with my response to you , but everything you write is just retarded, just for the record i was born and raised here in the us ,so dont worry i didnt take anything away from pinas or whatever nonsense you will say again. peace

palaging sabik umuwi kasi makikita na naman yung mga pinsan at mga kaibigan, goodtime inuman w/friends, punta sa mga beaches, shopping ang laki kasi value ng pera nila,mga pasalubong canned goods spam chocolate, pero ang lahat ay hard earned money kaya ang sarap gastusin sa pinas yun lang...

Guys, there is a balikbayan, nay, uwing-bayan named Dr. Martin Buatista who has decided to come home to ran for senator under the Ang Kapatiran party along with three other upstanding Filipinos.

Please take a second look at their platforms. These are the kind of people we have to start seeding in an ailing institution like the Philippine Senate.

Here's a youtube link:

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=ik9XW3134c8

Fool seriously did you really think i was affected by your post? i was clowning your ass since day one , fool get over your insecurities, pretty much everyone here thinks your a straight up clown i dont even know what to say anymore . I tried being matured with my response to you , but everything you write is just retarded, just for the record i was born and raised here in the us ,so dont worry i didnt take anything away from pinas or whatever nonsense you will say again. peace

Eh hindi ka pala Filipino sasabat sabat ka dito. Kano ka pala. Kaya pala para kang egoy magsulat. Ikaw ang insecure. Buti na lang diyan na pinganak dahil kung ganyan ang pananalita mo dito (na sa tabas pa lang halata na walang masyadong pinagaralan) walang mangyayari sayo dito. Ni hindi kita kukunin tagalinis ng gulong ng kotse ko.

Magtanong ka dito kung sino sa atin dalawa ang insecure. Puro ka lang angas.

Now if you were clowning in a serious discussion like what the rest of use are trying to have here, you're in the wrong place. Go to the circus you'll just might fit right in. After all, PT Barnum said there were people like you born every minute.

Nekulturny.

• 1 month later...

All i can say is, a shrink (or a sociologist) is gonna have a field day reading thru all of these posts!

Ultimately the way we view this matter directly comes from where we draw our sense of worth from, diba? With this in mind, I choose to treat everyone equally - And I say this with no preconceived notions as to what their individual circumstances are - as socially, intellectually and economically inferior to myself.

people in pinas view balikbayans as $$$$$, chocolates (hersheys), shoes (nike), perfumes (victoria secret), shirts, and large catsups, large iceteas, large canned goods (corned beef), basta pasalubong lahat ... hahahahahaha ...

Yes balikbayans do have a lot of money. we can't deny that.. $1=P47 .. compared to us pinoys who earned an average starting salary of P250 a day which is a pity actually.. compare mo sa tate $8 to $10 dollars/hour sa mga odd jobs.. you basically earn in 1 hour what pinoys earn here for a day...

transcript from a returning guy balikbayan:

s@%t pare i got to f#&ked mexicans, fil-ams, blondes, brunnetes... s@%t pare, girls their are such an easy lay.... my car there is a souped up Chevy with a kickass sound system etc etc etc..

transcript from a returning gal balikbayan:

I got 7 kinds of perfumes etc etc, have a gorgeous bf, been to vegas,la,sf. I have 2 cars. ganda nang hongkong etc etc..

---- and to think they are simple jeepney riding people for 20 years before going to states..

One of the most heartbreaking Christmas stories I heard ... Overheard two kids (around 8 & 12) saying this: "Sana makabalik na si Nanay sa HK para makapagpadala siya ng pera & maging masaya pasko natin." Have material goods more important than meaningful parental presence?

Edited by TNT Hsia
One of the most heartbreaking Christmas stories I heard ... Overheard two kids (around 8 & 12) saying this: "Sana makabalik na si Nanay sa HK para makapagpadala siya ng pera & maging masaya pasko natin." Have material goods more important than meaningful parental presence?

siguro promise nah nang nanay nila to bring gifts for xmas...

Maraming pera, akala eh pinupulot lang ang pera sa ibang bansa hehehe

Agree ako dito, struggle din mag ibang bansa hindi lahat malaki sahod mga iba tama lang. Sana nga pinupulot lang ang pera o kaya pinipitas sa puno.

Guest Xfilemanx2001
It's quite disturbing reading through some of the posts. *sigh*

All I can say is... don't generalize all balikbayans as if you know them personally. Not unless they do something horrible to you, leave 'em be. Just laugh it off whenever you hear them talk with a very bad "twang". Yes, some of them act up as if they've got all the riches in the world... who 'effin cares? Mind your own business. Some of them may show off all of what they have... just shrug it off. I'm for sure they'll eventually run out of things to show off. So, who's got the last laugh now right?

I've been going back to Manila at least once a year either on vacation or on business trip. And had quite a few encounters with people from the airport literally "asking" for money or goods. I just smirk at them and leave. So, should I think and generalize that all of NAIA employees are like that? Of course not.

Balikbayans has their own individual reasons/causes why they act such way. It's not you who are feeding them... are you? So, who gives a sh*t why they're like mayabang and all? It is those pakealamera people who needs to figure out what to do with their lives... to make it better.

we all live differently so stop being too judgmental.

peace. :D

I am in the same boat as you and gree with many of your points. I keep quite whenever I come home, and do my own business without saying or doing anything that would be deemed showing off. Besides, I have to blend in so I can get the discounts in Greenhills hehehe! Got to work on my slang though :blush: