PacMan's Corner

menime

dream fight ko rin yan. sinusundan ko na dati pa tong si edwin valero. malupet din ito and stylewise, against manny, it will be a slam bang. matindi rin stamina nito. parang style boomboom mancini at ang resistensya parang si hatton. mabigat din bumato ng suntok. im sure, this fight will be as good, if not more explosive, than the first two pac-morales fights.

Wala pa nga talo ito si Valero. Pero kung pang 130 pounds talaga yan eh mas maganda.

Parang sayang kasi yung laban ni Pacquiao kay Morales. Obviously ang nakatalo kay Morales eh yung Timbangan. Hindi talaga pang 130 pounds si Morales. Tinalo ni Pacquiao yung Name ni Morales hindi yung Top Form ni Morales.

So sa susunod na laban ni Pacquiao mas maganda yung pang 130 talaga ang Calibre para wala ng Dahilan.

Nasisira kasi yung laban pag sa simula pa lang meron ng built-in excuse.

one thing the Pacman should be careful about is not to let success get into his head. he needs to maintain discipline and dedication to training hard. maintain that will to win. bawasan ang good time, bawasan ang abuso sa bisyo.

he's a great fighter. it will be such a pity to lose him to vices. maraming pera so the temptation is there to abuse.

Let's pray Manny has a long and successful career.

AMEN!

It's given that nobody will defeat pacquiao in the superfeatherweight division..

Pacquaio is almost invincible at 130lbs ... You know the reason why Freddie Roach won't let manny fight at 132lbs??? It's the best fighting weight for Morales...

Pinoys, cheer all you can in the superfeatherweight division. Barrera will lose.

Just remember, Your idol won't stand a chance in the welterweight division. Mayweather is just too powerful and too smart for Pacman, Castillo's quicker and more durable, and Corrales is just so damn deadly...

Why the hell will Pacquiao move up to welterweight in the first place? Of course he doesn't stand a chance. That's a 15 pound weight difference. Even a move to light-welter will be a stretch. He may be headstrong but he's not crazy. In the same breathe that none of the fighters you mentioned stand a chance against Pacquiao at Featherweight as they won't even make it past the weigh-in. No one is kidding himself here that Pacquiao, a natural featherweight who started fighting as a super-flyweight, can move up two divisions to fight the best in the business. If any of those fighters can meet him at 135 lbs. then that could be interesting. They would all still have the upperhand being naturally bigger fighters but Pacman may just gamble that the weight loss will be too much for them. Floyd may still be too much too handle even at lightweight but I like his chances against Chico and Castillo. They may just be too drained and not have enough left for the fight.

Macau next stop for Pacquiao

By Abac Cordero

The Philippine Star 11/21/2006

LAS VEGAS — Manny Pacquiao’s next fight could come as early as March or April next year.

Not against Marco Antonio Barrera, but someone else. Not here in the United States, but in Macau.

A Team Pacquiao insider said Sunday that things are pointing that way especially after Bob Arum announced a four-year tie-up between Top Rank and Manny Pacquiao Promotions.

In Macau, Pacquiao will fight at the newly built Wynn Hotel.

Pacquiao destroyed Erik Morales inside three rounds Saturday at the Thomas and Mack Center, and soon after people have started asking when his next fight would be.

Of course, most of them are looking forward to a big title bout between Pacquiao and Barrera, the reigning World Boxing Council champion in the 130-lb division.

Barrera has called on Pacquiao’s name as his next challenger. In fact, he has set a date for the rematch — March 11. Barrera was knocked down by Pacquiao in 11 rounds in 2003.

But Pacquiao hooking up with Top Rank may have shelved that promotion, despite the fact that the WBC has recently ordered the winner between Pacquiao and Morales to face Barrera.

If Pacquiao refuses, he can be stripped of his International super-featherweight title.

And he wouldn’t mind.

Barrera is being promoted by Oscar dela Hoya who doesn’t have an open line with Arum. They figured in a tug-of-war for Pacquiao, and the older, wiser Arum has won the battle.

"I think Manny’s gonna have two fights (probably against Erwin Valero or Joan Guzman) and then if Barrera’s still around then maybe we can go after him," said one of Pacquiao’s connections here.

Barrera, this early, is reportedly asking for a purse of $3 million.

"I don’t think he’s gonna get that yet," the insider said.

But in an interview with Boxingtalk.com the day after the victory, Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach hinted that Barrera is next in line for the Filipino icon.

"That’s the fight (against Barrera) everybody wants to see. He wants to fight us, we want to fight them," said Roach.

He added: "That’s the natural next fight. I would like to give Barrera his shot, he has the belts and we want his belts."

Meanwhile, Guzman, the undefeated WBO (World Boxing Organization) junior lightweight champion, has offered to fight the Gen. Santos southpaw in March 2007.

In an open letter to Pacquiao, Guzman congratulated the 27-year-old Filipino champion for his emphatic victory over Morales, describing it as magnificent, stupendous and flawless then invited the celebrated fighter to a duel early next year.

"I have a title defense in my homeland in Dominican Republic on Dec. 18. Should I be successful in that bout, I have asked my team to work on the Guzman-Pacquiao fight in March 2007," said Guzman.

"There can be no doubt that you and I are the world’s best two fighters at 130 lbs. The question that must be answered is who is the better man. It’s a super fight and a fight fan’s dream," he added.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/news200611211601.htm

Tapos Laban din kay Juan Manuel Marquez para mas maganda. Dito ko lang nakita nahirapan si Pacquiao.

Tatlo beses napatumba ni Pacquiao ito pero ang tibay. Buong-buo yung back muscle. Galing na Counterpucher.

The only way for this to happen is for JMM to move up to Jr. Lightweight as they will have to give Pacquaio a very good and compelling reason to step down in weight against an opponent who is at an advantage at the lower weight class, has no belts, has no drawing power (resulting in a low pay day both in purse and PPV shares) and is delusional in asking for an equal purse.

If Pacquiao is just after belts, he should just go after Chris John of Indonesia (who now holds JMM's belts). Get John to go to Manila for a December 2007 tune-up fight for Pacquiao for money that he never saw in his life (US $ 750,000 to 1M) with his belts on the line. It will be a win-win for John as he gets publicity for fighting the biggest draw in the lower weight classes, get a fat pay day and is immediately set-up for another pay day to regain his belts as Pacquiao will definitely give it up to literally go after big fishes. Pacquiao will fight middle of next year probably against Edwin Valero who is also promoted by Top Rank. Assuming he wins, the Barrera fight is a must as it is just too much money to let go. The tune-up and belt snatching with John is just a perfect run up.

valero would be the toughest fighter na makakalaban ni manny...hanep din daw ang punching power nitong mama na ito, eh...

but since morales-pacquiao ang thread, panalo talaga si manny sa laban na ito..kasi obvious naman na walking dead man na si morales dahil mukhang bangkay na talaga sa kapayatan, eh..hehehe...sayang, sana ung medyo maganda-ganda pa ang built ng katawan ni morales sila naglaban ni manny baka mas maganda ang bakbakan nila..pero this last fight, obvious na talaga kung sino panalo di pa man nag-uumpisa ang laban..pera-pera lang talaga kay morales.....

Manny Pacquio is one lucky son of a gun!!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: He is ruling a division wherein the big names are either has-beens or on the way out (Barrerra, Morales, Marquez et al) :thumbsdownsmiley: a $10,000,000 payday is a very distinct possibility for him ...........pero ang nanay nya di man lang nya mabilhan ng sariling sasakyan :thumbsdownsmiley: Pweh!!!!!

Why do you say that? Who knows his mom doesn't know how to drive? :blush:

Seriously, it's not his obligation to give such luxuries to his parents. It's Pacman's obligation 'though to make sure that his own kids do not have to beat other or to have themselves beaten up for a living. Let's hope his manager and most especially his wife would be very careful with his hard-earned money.

Manny, Mabuhay ka! and please wag ka pagamit sa mga politiko! Your the People's Champ and not Some Person's Chump!

Manny Pacquio is one lucky son of a gun!!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: He is ruling a division wherein the big names are either has-beens or on the way out (Barrerra, Morales, Marquez et al) :thumbsdownsmiley: a $10,000,000 payday is a very distinct possibility for him ...........pero ang nanay nya di man lang nya mabilhan ng sariling sasakyan :thumbsdownsmiley: Pweh!!!!!

There's a saying that goes, "Luck is pure hardwork." ... Manny Pacquiao is indeed one lucky son of a gun ... but he worked hard for it ... pinaka ayokong profession ang boxing ... magpapakahirap ka sa ensayo tapos papabugbog ka sa ring. minsan panalo ka nga pero sakit din ng katawan ang inaabot.

i don't think has beens or on the way out ang mga nakalaban ni Manny. Naging has beens lang siguro sila with the way Manny outboxed them and because mas sikat na si Manny (kahit walang championship belt).

di daw nya maibili ng sasakyan ang nanay nya dahil hindi naman marunong mag-drive ito at marami naman silang sasakyan na pwedeng gamitin sa gen san ... teka, bakit nga ba gusto ng nanay nya ng sasakyan? kung ako nanay ni manny, cash na lang hihingin ko, hehehe!

Correction, ang Best Pound for Pound sa Boxing ngayon si Floyd Mayweather Jr.

That really depends on your preference. Pacquiao is the EXCITING power puncher... Mayweather is the scientific (boring?) precision fighter. Sayang, kung magka weight category lang sana sila, that would be ONE INTERESTING FIGHT!

I'm just so confused on why we Filipinos should hate Pacman for being - 'Maybang' or being 'lumalaki ang ulo'!!

This guy is better than all of us - why? bec. he knows when to control his dark side and then come up better on his goood side...

if he gambles, he gambles so what? kung lumalaki ulo niya sa yabang, so what?

but what he assures everyone is if he trains, HE TRAINS hard!! and he make sure he delivered the VICTORY!!!

if we have this attitude even to our 'kababayan' then how about to the other boxers as well?

si Dela Hoya mayabang, si Tyson lumaki ulo, eh kahit si Muhammad Ali saksakan ng yabang - but this are Boxing greats and Legends and I'm proud as a Filipino now that Manny can be as great as they are even with all these negative things about him...

so ano kung maging mayabang si Manny, o lumaki ang ulo?

wala, magaling talaga yun ang mahalaga, disiplinado pa at marunong magkontrol ng sarili... Pinoy yan, pinagmamalaki natin yan...

tobats, ill ask you a question.

why do you hate celebrities,other teams,other players,or maybe even your boss?

because you have a reason

its as simple as that :D

pacquiao's being mayabang (i dont believe he's mayabang) for some, is enough reason to hate him

no one's ever questioning his greatness as a fighter.

but being great doesnt mean that everyone should kneel and praise him on whatever he does

in the thread: which player do you hate the most, most of the answers were kobe,enrico,and yeo.

for whatt reason? they find them MAYABANG.

ganun lang kasimple :D

tanong?

WHY DO YOU CALL THOSE WHO ARE PRO MORALES DEMONYO?

any reason? thats worse. :D

give me some basis on why those who are against pacman are demonyo?

Edited by misteryosong_torpe
I'm just so confused on why we Filipinos should hate Pacman for being - 'Maybang' or being 'lumalaki ang ulo'!!

This guy is better than all of us - why? bec. he knows when to control his dark side and then come up better on his goood side...

if he gambles, he gambles so what? kung lumalaki ulo niya sa yabang, so what?

but what he assures everyone is if he trains, HE TRAINS hard!! and he make sure he delivered the VICTORY!!!

if we have this attitude even to our 'kababayan' then how about to the other boxers as well?

si Dela Hoya mayabang, si Tyson lumaki ulo, eh kahit si Muhammad Ali saksakan ng yabang - but this are Boxing greats and Legends and I'm proud as a Filipino now that Manny can be as great as they are even with all these negative things about him...

so ano kung maging mayabang si Manny, o lumaki ang ulo?

wala, magaling talaga yun ang mahalaga, disiplinado pa at marunong magkontrol ng sarili... Pinoy yan, pinagmamalaki natin yan...

yep yep. ano ba gusto nyo? boksingerong magaling, na hindi nagsusugal, na hindi mayabang, na maka-Diyos, na mabait, na matulungin, na hindi nagpapauto, na gwapo, na matangkad, na maputi? :P :D dream on! as the saying goes, "nobody's perfect." and that applies to manny, too. let's just celebrate that he won the fight, and made us proud to be a Filipino, again.

besides, yung mga pagyayabang nya sa TV na kesyo pababagsakin nya si ganito sa ganitong round, etc., etc., yun ang tamang attitude talaga pag may ninanais kang outcome. "positive expectation yields positive outcomes." (although not always para sa kin.. pero kay pacman mukang effective ang ganitong approach :D )

ginawang example ni tobats04 si Ali.. talagang mayabang si Ali. "I'M THE GREATEST! I'M THE GREATEST!" ika nya. at tingnan mo naman ang outcome, di ba? tulong din yung ganon sa pag-psyche sa kalaban.

IMO. :)

..and another thing.. the more critics you have, the more popular you are. as what misteryosong_torpe posted, a lot of people hate kobe, enrico, yeo. heck, i hate kobe! pero i respect him because of his accomplishments. 3 nba champs? mvp? ROY? wow! kobe is THAT popular, to have a lot of critics. :)

(wag lang yung naging popular ka dahil sa masamang gawain. :D )

hindi mayabang si Manny.

napakabait nya pa nga after all that Morales said about him in his interviews, he even prayed not only for his personal safety but for Erik as well.

kung ibang tao yan ang ipapanalangin lang nila eh ang sarili nilang kapakanan.

please tama na ang siraan. di ba kayo natutuwa na for one day man lang naging united tayo, for one day bumaba ang crime rate sa bansa, and the most important thing is that napatunayan natin sa buong bansa na angat tayo sa kanila!

MABUHAY KA MANNY!!!

yep yep. ano ba gusto nyo? boksingerong magaling, na hindi nagsusugal, na hindi mayabang, na maka-Diyos, na mabait, na matulungin, na hindi nagpapauto, na gwapo, na matangkad, na maputi? :P :D dream on! as the saying goes, "nobody's perfect." and that applies to manny, too. let's just celebrate that he won the fight, and made us proud to be a Filipino, again.

besides, yung mga pagyayabang nya sa TV na kesyo pababagsakin nya si ganito sa ganitong round, etc., etc., yun ang tamang attitude talaga pag may ninanais kang outcome. "positive expectation yields positive outcomes." (although not always para sa kin.. pero kay pacman mukang effective ang ganitong approach :D )

ginawang example ni tobats04 si Ali.. talagang mayabang si Ali. "I'M THE GREATEST! I'M THE GREATEST!" ika nya. at tingnan mo naman ang outcome, di ba? tulong din yung ganon sa pag-psyche sa kalaban.

IMO. :)

Ika nga eh... You cannot please everybody... si pacquaio lang ang walang sinasabing masama against his opponent.. he don't even predict na kung kelan nya pababagsaking round si morales..

Ika nga eh... You cannot please everybody... si pacquaio lang ang walang sinasabing masama against his opponent.. he don't even predict na kung kelan nya pababagsaking round si morales..

exactly

you cannot please everybody

thats why not everyone is for manny pacquaio

im not against manny or anything, but its unfair to call those who are against manny DEMONYO.

one thing i really like about manny is he never forgets to pray

after knocking an opponent down, sign of the cross ulit bago sumugod.

heheh

I'll bring you back the question - why do I have the reason to hate him?

BIG REASON - filipino siya katulad ko, ang karangalan niya karangalan ko rin...

Even for the fact if his bad side overshadows his greatness mas maiintidihan ko at ng bawat filipino kasi filipino siya...

kahit na may mas magaling siyang kalaban sa kanya pa rin ako, but why do I have to hate him?

I can hate Ali for being mayabang, or Tyson because he's a rapist - pero si Manny - kababayan ko yan...

madaling sabihin - 'sana matalo si Ali kasi sobrang yabang' o 'sana matalo si Tyson kasi kumakain ng tenga'

e logical naman, sino ba namang matinong tao na kakampi sa hindi niya kababayan at dahil sa rason na mayabang

siya?

parang sinabi mo sa tatay mo - 'tatay mayabang ka sana matalo ka at kampi ako sa kalaban mo'? puwede ba 'yun?

eh di demonyo nga lang ang magkakaron ng motibo na ipanalangin ang ibang tao na matalo kahit alam niya na matuwid naman ang hangarin niya?

o di pa ba sapat 'yun? tinalo ni Manny si Morales, niyakap pa niya pagkatapos - mayabang ba 'yun? is that enough

reason for anyone to say I would hate pacman kasi mayabang siya pero gentleman fighter siya kay Morales?

I would have any reason to be angry at any celebrity, other team or players even my own parents pero pag may

kalaban sila at karangalan ng pamilya ko ang nakasalalay - kakampi ako sa mga taong yan hindi sa kalaban nila...

It would make sense kung makita ko ang reason ng mga pro-Morales na pinoy ay mas magaling si Morales kay Pacquiao bilang boksingero, mas maiintindihan ko yan.. o kaya kelangan kong magkapera ng malaki kaya pupusta ako kay Morales at malay mo manalo...

pero kung kayabangan lang - kitang-kita naman na KABABAYAN KO YAN....

kaya Congrats Manny....

tobats, ill ask you a question.

why do you hate celebrities,other teams,other players,or maybe even your boss?

because you have a reason

its as simple as that :D

pacquiao's being mayabang (i dont believe he's mayabang) for some, is enough reason to hate him

no one's ever questioning his greatness as a fighter.

but being great doesnt mean that everyone should kneel and praise him on whatever he does

in the thread: which player do you hate the most, most of the answers were kobe,enrico,and yeo.

for whatt reason? they find them MAYABANG.

ganun lang kasimple :D

tanong?

WHY DO YOU CALL THOSE WHO ARE PRO MORALES DEMONYO?

any reason? thats worse. :D

give me some basis on why those who are against pacman are demonyo?

Alam mo pareng tobats, kahit pa matalo si Manny (which he did in the first fight against Morales), he still made us ALL PROUD (except for the few makapilis among us)... HE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! Manny is a FIGHTER! Win or lose, he gives it his all. Tis the reason I AM PROUD OF YOU, MANNY! (wag ka lang tatakbo sa pulitika, ayos ka na!).