PacMan's Corner

menime

NKATSAMBA LANG SI PACQUIAO

talo sa pusta? :rolleyes: :D i beg to differ.. maganda talaga kundisyon ni manny sa laban. kung chamba lang yun, sana hindi mismo si morales ang umayaw. keep in mind that morales's corner even told him to get up pero ayaw na niya kasi alam niya mabubugbog lang siya.

Pacquiao destroys Morales in 3

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Manny Pacquiao finished this trilogy with the flair befitting a movie star, knocking down Erik Morales three times on the way to a third-round knockout victory Saturday night in the super featherweights’ third meeting in 20 months.

Pacquiao (43-3-2, 33 KOs), the Filipino phenomenon known for his excesses of punching power and courage, might have knocked Mexico’s Morales (48-5) into retirement in a fight that was every bit as thrilling as their first two meetings – even if it didn’t last nearly as long.

Both fighters came out with heedless aggression, and Pacquiao first knocked Morales down against the ropes late in the second round. Morales kept returning shots, but couldn’t keep up with Pacquiao’s pace – and after a knockdown midway through the third, Pacquiao finished him with a devastating left hook with just 3 seconds left.

"He was coming to me, and he was not able to handle me," Pacquiao said. "I felt so much stronger than him. I was prepared to fight the best of Morales."

Morales sat up after the final blows, but disconsolately shook his head at his trainer-father, Jose, in his corner – and Pacquiao celebrated another dynamic victory over the only man to beat him since 1999. Afterward, Morales acknowledged he might be finished after 52 brutal fights, including four losses in his last five.

"For the first time in my career, I actually felt the power of an opponent like I’ve never felt it before," said Morales, who also lost two of three fights in his previous trilogy against Marco Antonio Barrera.

"I was hurt by the power of his punches, and maybe it’s time to think about not doing this anymore. I had a great career. Maybe it is time."

Thousands of Filipino fans at the sold-out Thomas and Mack Center chanted Pacquiao’s name, worshipping their native megastar of film, music and endorsements – and don’t forget boxing, where he belongs among the world’s top handful of pound-for-pound fighters.

The fighters split their first two meetings in the previous two years, with Morales winning a unanimous decision and Pacquiao replying with a TKO victory over "El Terrible" last March.

Their rivalry became one of boxing’s better trilogies in recent years, with both punch-addicted brawlers dazzling casual fans and building rabid followings in their native lands.

Pacquiao opened the third fight with a blistering series of combinations, and he only slowed down when Morales replied with tenacious jabs. But Pacquiao’s momentum was overwhelming, and he had no shortage of ways to hurt his old foe.

"I was faster and bigger than him," Pacquiao said. "I could tell in the second round he was surprised by my right hook."

Pacquiao threw 175 punches in those 9 minutes, landing 54 percent – including 51 of his 71 power shots in the third round alone.

Morales landed just 26 percent of his punches.

"He was too fast and too strong," said Morales, who sat speechless in his corner for 5 minutes afterward. "I did everything in camp necessary to win this fight. I didn’t win it. It wasn’t my night."

Though both fighters have only middling profiles in the United States, each of their three pairings has been an international incident.

Television sets from Manila to Mexico City were tuned in to the pay-per-view telecast of a fight pitting perhaps the Philippines’ most famous person against one of the toughest fighters in Mexico’s long line of famed brawlers.

Thousands of Filipino fans traveled halfway across the world to Las Vegas for the fight, while thousands more came up from Mexico and Southern California to support Morales. The crowd of 18,276 was the second biggest in the arena’s history – and a measure of the fighters’ love in this fight-crazy town, where several closed-circuit broadcasts were opened as well.

Morales won their first bout in March 2005, stunning and bloodying Pacquiao – but Pacquiao battered Morales repeatedly last January, bruising his face and body before dropping him twice in the 10th round for the first TKO loss of Morales’ career.

Pacquiao, who gained 15 pounds (6.8 kilograms) after making weight Friday at 129 pounds (58.5 kilograms), was guaranteed million for the match. Morales will get at least .75 million (euro2.15 million).

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2006112080172.html

Brewing tug-of-war over Pacquiao

Arum bares new 4-year pact

By Francis Ochoa

Inquirer

Last updated 01:34am (Mla time) 11/20/2006

Published on page A33 of the November 20, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

LAS VEGAS -- Going by Bob Arum’s version of it all, Manny Pacquiao was not exactly himself when he signed the contract with Oscar De La Hoya’s promotional outfit.

So he was more than willing to forget the little episode after Arum’s Top Rank announced Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center that it had won the rights to promote the Filipino ring icon for the next four years.

“Top Rank promotions is pleased to announce that Top Rank and MP Promotions has signed a contract to promote Manny Pacquiao’s fights for the next four years,” Arum told journalists during the post-fight conference after Pacquiao knocked out Erik Morales to win the final chapter of their compelling rivalry.

The announcement, which caught everyone flat-footed, trumps the seven-fight contract Pacquiao reportedly had inked with De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions when the General Santos City native arrived in the United States last September to train for the Morales bout.

De La Hoya claimed to have shelled out $500,000 as some sort of a signing bonus for Pacquiao. The Pacquiao camp had issued a check of that same amount as a refund to Golden Boy.

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Productions, however, reportedly refused to accept the check.

“The original contract for this fight between Manny Pacquiao and Top Rank prevented Manny from signing a contract with other promoters,” Arum said.

Pacquiao, though, signed a contract with De La Hoya’s company without Arum’s knowledge, and when news of the partnership broke, Arum went livid.

But the veteran promoter showed supreme confidence in the run-up to the fight and was quoted as saying that Pacquiao’s next bout would be under Top Rank.

Pacquiao refused to comment on the contract controversy, saying he wants to “just spend time with my family and countrymen and celebrate my victory.”

But Arum disclosed how the deal was signed.

“He got off the plane when he got to the US and he signed another contract with another promotion and received money [for signing],” said Arum.

“He has since renounced that signing and returned the money.”

The announcement came as a huge surprise in the boxing community, which had consigned itself to the notion that Pacquiao would be a Golden Boy fighter after the Morales fight.

In fact, talk was rife about a rematch against Marco Antonio Barrera in March next year. Barrera belongs to the Golden Boy stable.

With the latest development, the Barrera rematch is expected to be placed in the freezer in the meantime.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/sports/view_article.php?article_id=33619

pasalamat si pacquiao at medyo la na lakas si morales dahil sa sobrang pagbawas ng timbang...pag nagkataon kung fit lang si morales baka sa hospital na magigising si morales. kaya yon nilamig si pacman ay dahil inatake siya ng takot kay morales...kunwari lang na nilagnat siya

pasalamat si pacquiao at medyo la na lakas si morales dahil sa sobrang pagbawas ng timbang...pag nagkataon kung fit lang si morales baka sa hospital na magigising si pacquiao. kaya yon nilamig si pacman ay dahil inatake siya ng takot kay morales...kunwari lang na nilagnat siya

Finally found the DVD quality fight links.

http://rapidshare.com/files/4011462/nyaker...Morales.avi.001 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4012411/nyaker...Morales.avi.002 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4012520/nyaker...Morales.avi.003 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4042164/nyaker...Morales.avi.004 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4042795/nyaker...Morales.avi.005 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4043392/nyaker...Morales.avi.006 (100MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/4037506/nyaker...Morales.avi.007 (73MB)

Includes fighter entrances

Includes fighter introductions

Includes all in between rounds

Includes post fight interviews

File Size: 673MB

Download all parts & use HJSplit (http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/) to merge the files.

:mtc:

Barrera up next?

Well, that might be another trilogy waiting to unfurl. Meaning PacMan must lose so a third match would happen...

Let the match-fixing begin... BOO!

Barrera is the only big money making fight in the horizon for Pacman and it's best if he can milk it for its worth. A loss wouldn't really hurt him or even a just a close win in an exciting fight. The belt is the bonus for the latter making Pacman the first Asian to win multiple titles in three different divisions. A lopsided win will diffuse all interest for a full trilogy.

This is what i have to say...if you are a sportsman, i mean a true practitioner, you would know the essence of being beaten fair and square....a true genleman in accepting defeat... that's disipline..the key that defines "Greatness"..

And to those fighters who got beaten in the past and has bounced back and succeed in one way or another... it's because of this principle.. Mr. Morales is one of them...

Now, to those PACMAN detractors, i hope you share the same general and basic principle in sports... It's easier to learn, understand and believe comments if we have this within us.... Peace Bros...

A good fight for Pacquiao would be Edwin Valero, the undefeated WBA champ. Power versus power. Valero has KOd EVERY opponent he has faced, 18 of them in the first round.

Pacquiao should not go up to 135 because the guys there are just too big for him, and have enough power to go toe-to-toe with him.

This fight makes a lot sense. Outside of Barrera, nobody stands out in the father/super feather division who can give Manny a big payday. Valero may just be the next goose that lays the golden egg. People will always pay to see Manny fight particularly if its a brawling, exciting, face exchanging, my-mojo-is bigger-than your-mojo kind of a fight. Even if Valero is a relative unknown, his style is perfect to bring about a blockbuster of a fun fight to watch. Another thing going for this fight is that the boy is also promoted by Arum and Top Rank. Ever wondered why Pacman's group is suddenly backing out from the Golden Boy deal? The Barrera fight will happen no matter what as the boxing public is asking for it, regardless of who promotes the fight. There will only be lesser money for the promoters when the contending boxers are handled by different outfits. But there is enough money to push through with it. A trilogy will depend on the second fight's outcome. In the Barrera fight(s), Manny should expect roughly the same amount of money that he received for the Morales' trilogy, between US $ 3-3.5M in purse and roughly an equal share of the PPV pie with Marco. With the Valero fight(s) which Arum is hoping will be more exciting than the Morales and Barrera fights combined with the explosive mix of the fighters involved, Manny as the undisputed bigger dog will get a chunk of the money (80% of the total purse and PPV share is a good guess). Eighty percent of anywhere from US $ 8-10M is more than a compelling reason for Pacman to abandon the Golden Boy. Another point is that the fight with Valero is being positioned for a Macau venue with the underlying implication of positioning the Pacman as the face of Asian professional boxing with all the trimmings and monetary rewards that goes with it (endorsements etc.). That makes it even more compelling. Arum is also dangling a shorter contract (as against the 7 fight deal offered by Golden Boy) which makes Pacquiao a free agent so to speak in a shorter time and giving his group the flexibility to negotiate for a better deal to the higest bidder if they so choose.

Edited by brawler201

Morales before the fight: "Ako ang tatapos"

Morales after the fight: "Ako ang tinapos" ^_^

Napanuod ko rin ung laban ni Bobby Pacquiao sa channel 9 kahapon, grabe mga "blo-blow" este low blow ni bobby , kahit ako napapaaray para kay Vasquez, hehe. Noong iniinterview si bobby, pilit-tanggi na hindi daw "blo-blow" yun kahit super obvious at ilang ulit nirereplay, slow motion pa yung video sa kanya. Sayang lamang siya sa points.

Congrats kay Pacman!!! Kudos din kay Morales, kahit talunan at least sports pa rin siya when he raised manny's hand kahapon.

Pacquiao vs. Barrera, I can't wait.

Edited by ruy_lopez
Morales before the fight: "Ako ang tatapos"

Morales after the fight: "Ako ang tinapos" ^_^

Napanuod ko rin ung laban ni Bobby Pacquiao sa channel 9 kahapon, grabe mga "blo-blow" este low blow ni bobby , kahit ako napapaaray para kay Vasquez, hehe. Noong iniinterview si bobby, pilit-tanggi na hindi daw "blo-blow" yun kahit super obvious at ilang ulit nirereplay, slow motion pa yung video sa kanya. Sayang lamang siya sa points.

Congrats kay Pacman!!! Kudos din kay Morales, kahit talunan at least sports pa rin siya when he raised manny's hand kahapon.

Pacquiao vs. Barrera, I can't wait.

yup... the million dollar question is "Will Barrera fight Pacquiao after seeing what happened to Morales?"

naka tsamba lang talaga si pacquiao kasi sobra bawas ni morales timbang. kung inabot ni pacman ang dating morales...naku patay si pacman dahil gagawing pulutan ni erik si pacman.

kung umabot yun ng 6th round wala na laban pacman....kunwari lang yung may sakit siya kasi paRA kung sakali matalo ay may excuse gaya ng excuse niya noon sa medyas....gusto lang niya magka sponsor sa bio-flu or biogesic..ha ha ah

naka tsamba lang talaga si pacquiao kasi sobra bawas ni morales timbang. kung inabot ni pacman ang dating morales...naku patay si pacman dahil gagawing pulutan ni erik si pacman.

kung umabot yun ng 6th round wala na laban pacman....kunwari lang yung may sakit siya kasi paRA kung sakali matalo ay may excuse gaya ng excuse niya noon sa medyas....gusto lang niya magka sponsor sa bio-flu or biogesic..ha ha ah

bro, that's the game meron silang nakaset na rules kaya hindi mo pwedeng sabihin na tsumamba lang si pacquiao sana hindi na lumaban si morales kung ang irarason nya yung weight nakuha nya nga yung desired weight pero sa huli suntok parin ang mas importante... "its the punch"

kung umabot ng 6th rounds? malamang naka-stretcher na si morales hehe peace bro....