PacMan's Corner

menime

gotta hand it to mr alderson. think he was the only one who admitted he was wrong and would readily eat his own words. here's an excerpt:

"I bet on Miguel Cotto this past weekend and Manny Pacquiao made me eat my ticket stub. I couldn’t fathom how a man who had his prime at featherweight could defeat one of the best welterweights in the world. I always though Ricky Hatton was overrated and thought De La Hoya was dead at the weight, but I can’t keep making excuses for Pacquiao’s opponents. With wins over Barrera, Marquez, Morales, De La Hoya, Hatton, and Miguel Cotto to go with titles in seven weight classes, you have to consider the Filipino juggernaut to be one of the twelve greatest fighters in the history of the sport. If he can beat Floyd there would be an argument for him to be placed in the top three. The Pac-man is just incredible"

Hopefully a Pacquiao-Mayweather Dream Fight Doesn’t End Up Like Bowe-Lewis

By

Brent Matteo Alderson

i've watched some gayweather's highlights in youtube. i think the opponents that he has beaten are all too slow. i haven't seen anyone who has the speed of pacquiao. and, another thing i noticed, gayweather threw some solid punches, but only knocked down 1 or 2 opponents, IIRC.

or maybe i haven't seen all of gayweather's fights? :)

not sure kung na-post na ito..

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6265.html

SHANE MOSLEY: "PACQUIAO COULD VERY WELL KNOCK OUT MAYWEATHER"

By Ben Thompson | November 18, 2009

"Pacquiao made a believer out of me with Cotto, so I wouldn't count Pacquiao out. I think Pacquiao could do a number on Mayweather because Mayweather's chin is not that good. I think that Pacquiao could very well knock out Mayweather too," stated welterweight champion Shane Mosley as shared his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's dominant win over Miguel Cotto. Mosley, who was in attendance and sitting ringside, admits that he was surprised to see how strong Pacquiao looked at the bigger weight and is now convinced that the Filipino superstar is a full-fledged welterweight.

"I thought he looked good. I thought he threw a lot of combinations and he got Cotto to press him a little bit and caught him with that little left uppercut/hook that he does and surprised Cotto. Cotto was like, 'Okay, the guy can punch. The rumors are true.' You know," he continued. "The cat's out of the bag. You can't say, 'Oh, he's a little lightweight' anymore. He's a welterweight! He's even got the welterweight power. He's hitting guys and knocking them down so you have to be careful. I won't be going in there with my chin first. I'll be fighting him like a big man, like I was fighting Winky Wright or somebody; somebody big."

Mosley was sitting next to another interested party, Floyd Mayweather Sr., and the two spoke with each other as they analyzed the fight. "I asked him, 'What are you thinking?' Floyd Sr. was like, 'Man, that guy is on something. There's no way in the world he's going to be walking back a big man like that.' I was like, 'Well, I mean, he's doing his thing so I don't know what to say about that,'" Mosley recalled of the conversation. "They thought he was a little guy, but now that myth is over with. There's no more little guy; this is a real welterweight so you gotta treat him as such."

Although Mosley is currently set to face WBC welerweight champion Andre Berto on January 30th, it's obvious that a clash with Pacquiao or Mayweather is the real fight that he wants. As to which one he prefers first, Mosley replied, "I think Pacquiao is my legacy because Pacquiao went up so many weight classes. Pacquiao is real big in the Philippines. Pacquiao is already a legend. It would be two real legends fighting each other."

CHECK BACK SOON FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW WITH WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION SHANE MOSLEY

I like Chino. Pero medyo natawa ako nung comment niya ng round 3 na "This will be a hard round to score", because Cotto fought back late in the round. Lintek, it's a 1 knockdown round, a 10-8 round for PACMAN. Kahit ano pang suntok ang binawi ni Cotto, kung hindi nya mapatumba si Pacman, 10-8 pa rin.

1 official judge scored the round 10-9 in favor of pacman. regardless, cotto made the round interesting despite the KD..

Edited by bubuy

Manny is the MONEY is boxing today ...

Pound for Pound .. The greatest fighter this generation has produced .. in less than a decade .. He has accomplished what some might think is almost impossible to achieve .. Win 7 would titles in 7 weight divisions .. Fought the best of every division has to offer ...

Do you think Mayweather will fight Pacquio at 145 ... I doubt ...

50 - 50 split ... I doubt ...

And if ever he loses .. excuses ... many!

For me its still a "dream" matchup but to say that he is pound for pound ... I doubt ... a great fighter ... yes ..

Manny Pacquio - the greatest pound for pound of this generation ...

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8...player_embedded

The alleged Pacman-Krista video after Jimmy Show.

taking by some white blogger and posted in the net. The girl is covering his face. It sure is not Jinky. And its pacman.

Edited by puretuts
Can someone float the idea (in the HBO boxing blogs), 60-40 split -- WINNER takes 60!

quoted for truth

this is the only way to settle the money split since I don't see either side going (realistically) for an even 50-50 (which would net Manny 25M give or take)

Manny IS the money now, especially that PPV numbers for Cotto x Pacquiao are coming in and he's we'll over 1.5M buys (1.6M was the last verified number, the 2M mark is really far off at this point) PBF is no longer the draw that he once was.

Despite what a lot of other people say, Manny's showing with Cotto made me believe he can destroy Mayweather. Not just beat to a decision but utterly destroy Mayweather.

1) Manny showed that he can take a punch from a solid welterweight. Cotto is one of the hardest hitters around, and Pacquiao handled all the solid hits that Cotto delivered. And they weren't just normal punches, you can see Manny's neck snap in the replays. But it didn't faze him (although he did admit that it hurt him). PBF can't hit for s@%t. It took him 9 rounds to take care of Hatton, and he couldn't finish a visibly uncomfortable JMM who the "old" Manny knocked down a total of four times.

2) PBF has trouble with a strong lefty. Reference Judah X PBF specifically rd. 2 and 4. PBF had a hard time with the right cross Judah threw, the jabs he used to control his opponents were neutralized by Judah's right cross. Especially the patented shoulder up PBF defense, won't be effective as he's going to put it up on the wrong side. Judah just faded mentally in that fight, Manny is far too disciplined now to make the same mistake. Plus, Manny hit's harder and is way faster than Judah ever was.

3)Manny is too fast, probably even faster than PBF. Every fighter that Manny has faced tells of the exact same thing: "I couldn't see where the punches were coming from". The combination of Manny's superior handspeed and workrate (he'll throw 3-4 punches for every 1 that his opponent throws), slick footwork, and his penchant for weird angles, will be alien to PBF and will overpower him quickly. At the very least it will frustrate PBF and draw him into a brawl which is Manny's fight.

4) The only way PBF can avoid getting knocked out, is to apply the chubibo defense. That is to run around in circles endlessly. Hopefully the judges will recognize this and give the fight to the fighter who's actually trying to finish the fight.

Eto opinyon ko lang po ito mga masters.

Kung kaya pa ni Manny, eto sana ang "dream wishlist" ko:

1st - Juan Manuel Marquez @ 140lbs. (Para manahimik na sa kakaiyak na laban siya ni Manny at sabi nga ni "Master Freddie" "We will knock him out and shut him up)

2nd - kung sino manalo sa laban na Mosley vs Berto @ 144 - 146lbs. Catchweight

3rd and lastly, siyempre ang inaabangan ng buong mundo, si Floyd "Gayfeather" @145lbs. Catchweight

At kung pwede pa sana, for 8th Title si Yuri Foreman for WBO Light Middleweight Championship @ 148lbs. Catchweight

Yan po ay opinyon ko lamang.

Eto opinyon ko lang po ito mga masters.

Kung kaya pa ni Manny, eto sana ang "dream wishlist" ko:

1st - Juan Manuel Marquez @ 140lbs. (Para manahimik na sa kakaiyak na laban siya ni Manny at sabi nga ni "Master Freddie" "We will knock him out and shut him up)

2nd - kung sino manalo sa laban na Mosley vs Berto @ 144 - 146lbs. Catchweight

3rd and lastly, siyempre ang inaabangan ng buong mundo, si Floyd "Gayfeather" @145lbs. Catchweight

At kung pwede pa sana, for 8th Title si Yuri Foreman for WBO Light Middleweight Championship @ 148lbs. Catchweight

Yan po ay opinyon ko lamang.

naiwan na sina jmm at gayweather sa 100 list of best boxer. nasa top 20 na si pacquiao. ang gusto lang ng mga fight fans is mabawasan ang kayabangan ni gayweather. nonsense ang undefeated record. armstrong and robinson was defeated but they are both shared 1 and 2 spot in 100 best boxer. anyway isa ako sa gustong mapanood ang fastest mouth (floyd) vs fastest fist (pacman)

10: Reasons Pacquiao and Mayweather should fight

Posted Nov. 16, 2009 at 08:54pm

By Michael Rosenthal

Buzz up!

A weekly boxing list compiled by Michael Rosenthal. This week: 10 reasons Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. should fight.

1. It would settle the debate over who is the pound-for-pound king.

2. It would settle the debate over who is the best fighter of the decade.

3. It would generate a tremendous amount of money for all involved.

4. Pacquiao would cement his place among the all-time greats with a victory.

5. Mayweather would prove he’s as great as he says he is with a victory.

6. The event would be a tremendous boost for boxing.

7. How often do the Nos. 1 and 2 fighters in the world have an opportunity to meet?

8. We want to see Mayweather in a competitive fight.

9. We want to see Pacquiao in a competitive fight.

10. We want to see how high pay-per-view numbers can get.

kahit chicks si krista ranillo... sana hindi totoo .. feel ko hype lang toh para kumita nanaman mga gossip shows and tabloids.. so they will earn off of pacman's fame and popularity..or para i-promote si krista :(

true or not...this is the ugly side of fame and fortune manny, like all high-end celebs, should be able to deal with personally.

namamayagpag si idol so his personal life will be scrutinized & magnified by the media both friendly and otherwise.

dati ung pagsusugal niya pinupuntirya...ngayon naman pagka chick-boy ni idol. looks like sa bakbakang ito iba rin ang trainer o

master niya---walang iba kundi si gov. :lol:

may bago daw na E class benz si krista ranillo, bigay kaya ni manny

this is a sad part of pacman's story. may video pa daw ngayon na may kasama siya sa sportscar sa vegas bago dumating si jinky dun. sino yun? abangan. nasa channel 7 kanina eh.

kawawa naman si jnky kung totoo. what money can do to people.

kahit chicks si krista ranillo... sana hindi totoo .. feel ko hype lang toh para kumita nanaman mga gossip shows and tabloids.. so they will earn off of pacman's fame and popularity..or para i-promote si krista :(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2Ob8EWFf8...player_embedded

The alleged Pacman-Krista video after Jimmy Show.

taking by some white blogger and posted in the net. The girl is covering his face. It sure is not Jinky. And its pacman.

true or not...this is the ugly side of fame and fortune manny, like all high-end celebs, should be able to deal with personally.

namamayagpag si idol so his personal life will be scrutinized & magnified by the media both friendly and otherwise.

dati ung pagsusugal niya pinupuntirya...ngayon naman pagka chick-boy ni idol. looks like sa bakbakang ito iba rin ang trainer o

master niya---walang iba kundi si gov. :lol:

IDOL TALAGA...... whadya expect, the guys rich, athletic, can last 12 rounds, and pog....... RICH..... ofcourse girls are gonna be lining up to get their share.... IMHO.... KA-INGGIT NAMAN :thumbsupsmiley: