PacMan's Corner

menime

If Manny wins he should fight Hatton first. And then Mayweather, if ever he comes out of retirement.

As for Valero and Marquez, they should fight each other first. That should set up a bigger payday. Manny has no choice but to fight the winner of that bout.

Remember, Manny is on the last 2-3 fights of his career. He can't fight all comers anymore. He has to choose WISELY.

Huwag na si Valero, baka mamatay pa iyon sa laban. Seriously, dapat lumaban naman si Manny sa mga mas bata sa kanya. Puro mga matatanda na ang mga nakakalaban niya ah. :lol:

Sino mamatay si Valero o si Pacquiao? hahaha.

Well i know mukhang malayo pa mangyari ito, because manny wants to stay at 147, I just don't know if Velero would move up.

Anyway andyan pa naman si Cotto at Margarito.

Hatton is also OK but I seriously know that hed knock this guy out to kingdom come.

Huwag na si Valero, baka mamatay pa iyon sa laban. Seriously, dapat lumaban naman si Manny sa mga mas bata sa kanya. Puro mga matatanda na ang mga nakakalaban niya ah. :lol:

Sino mamatay si Valero o si Pacquiao? hahaha.

Well i know mukhang malayo pa mangyari ito, because manny wants to stay at 147, I just don't know if Velero would move up.

Anyway andyan pa naman si Cotto at Margarito.

Hatton is also OK but I seriously know that hed knock this guy out to kingdom come.

But mayweather? hmmmmm sana nga po! Dapat pag natalo nya na si ODLH and si Hatton asarin nya ng husto si mayweather. I mean if mayweather could be vulnerable at any part, its his ego. Some analyst believe that this guy retired to duck miguel cotto and in effect protect his perfect record. But Im sure kung inasar siya ni Miguel Cotto ng husto, di pa retired ngayon si Mayweather.

kay valero naman, wag sya masyadong ambisyoso. talunin muna nya kahit isa sa mga tinalo ni pacman bago sya magdemand ng laban kay pacman. labanan nya si barrera(nabalitang bumalik out of his retirement), marquez od david diaz. kung magpapatuloy syang labanan ang mga mababang class na boxelalong mahahalatang overprotective sa kanya ang manager dahil alam nila na hindi ganun kagaling si valero. i doubt his capacity to fight some of the former champ. baka kay katsidis lang matulog na sya.

ilang araw na lang pacman vs odlh na.

matutupad na ang pacman vs odla, hatton, mayweather.

pag natalo nya ang 3 kings na to.

he will be the most celebrated boxer.

From the legendary Angelo Dundee who trained Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and now on the side of De la Hoya:

He’s already picked up several tips to pass to De La Hoya. For instance, he said he sees a flaw from Pacquiao that he also noticed to help Leonard upset Marvin Hagler.

“I noticed Hagler, as great a fighter as he was, had to step before he punched,” Dundee said. “Now this kid Pacquiao does that same thing. Oscar will tear him to pieces if he does that.”

He even offered a prediction: De La Hoya in a decision.

any violent reaction? hehe

Margarito would tear Pacman apart.

I agree. Cotto actually outboxed Margarito in their championship encounter. Cotto connected MORE punches... good punches to the chin! But Margarito simply walked through it all. This guy has granite for jaws. But I have to give it to Cotto for not ducking this guy. Margarito is the most ducked contender (now champion) of all time!

I agree. Cotto actually outboxed Margarito in their championship encounter. Cotto connected MORE punches... good punches to the chin! But Margarito simply walked through it all. This guy has granite for jaws. But I have to give it to Cotto for not ducking this guy. Margarito is the most ducked contender (now champion) of all time!

The irony was Margarito was the one ducking Cotto, kayang kaya nya pala :lol:

Margarito 5'11 is also ducking the 6'1 Paul Williams. He was offered $4M to fight Williams but is accepting $2M to fight Mosley.

Back to Manny Pacquiao, if he could avoid getting KO in the early rounds, he has a good chance to win the fight

Edited by jerzz

katulad nung ginawa nya kay morales sa 2nd fight nile. slowly nadismantle nya si morales.

anyway gusto ko manalo si pacman para maikasa na ang hatton-pacman fight.

hindi ko naabutan ang pancho villa vs jimmy wilde, isa ako sa interested na mapanood ang laban ni pacman at hatton. parang revival ng laban ni wilde at villa daw ito sabi ng ilang analys.

pero syempre focus muna sa odlh vs pacman.

Edited by uaeboy25

FROM WIKIPEDIA

[edit] "The Dream Match"

Pacquiao is scheduled to face Oscar De La Hoya on Saturday, December 6, 2008 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank, Inc., the bout will be a 12-round, non-title fight contested at the 147-pound welterweight limit. Although Pacquiao goes into the fight widely recognized as the leading pound-for-pound boxer in the world, some boxing pundits have speculated that 147 pounds could be too far above his natural weight against the larger De La Hoya.[32]

Many boxing analysts believe the fight will favor De La Hoya, and consider the fight a mismatch due to De La Hoya's size advantage. Bets have already been taken with De La Hoya as the heavy favourite. Filipino boxing analyst Robin Oliver Santos Villavicencio thinks that the pure determination of Manny will carry him to victory. Training for the mega fight Oscar hired legendary trainers Angelo Dundee, Nacho Beristain, and young boxing talent Edwin Valero. Oscar told the news that his team is unbeatable, while Freddie Roach said, "No one is going to be able to help Oscar pull the trigger when he faces Manny Pacquiao on Dec. 6". While the odds are still with Oscar the mega fight will be still fight of the year and possibly break pay per view records in boxing history.

Pacquiao will receive $15 to 30 million (share of the pay-per-view), plus a guaranteed amount.[33]

Tickets reportedly sold out just hours after they went on sale. The total gate revenues were said to be nearly $17 million dollars. That amount would give the bout has the second largest gate revenue in boxing history (after the De La Hoya-Mayweather Jr. fight in May 5, 2007 which generated $18.4 million in gate revenue).[34]

My take

Power VS Speed

Power goes to dela hoya for being bulkier and a natural heavier puncher. Ill give speed to pacquiao. Quick with his hand and good with his foot work.

If its a choice between the two, Id go for speed. Great fighters like Ali, Mayweather, and Calzaghe utilized speed more than power.

In fact though Tyson was a heavy puncher, it was actually his amazing speed that enabled him to effectively land his trademark combination, right hook to the rib followed by a right uppercut to the chin. After he fired his trainer kevin rooney, his speed started to deteriorate. He began looking for one-punch-knockouts, headhunting, and neglecting to attack the body first. His defensive skills also deteriorated. He became more vulnerable to jabs, instead of slipping through them and utilizing head movements to avoid trouble.

Calzaghe himself is not much of a heavy puncher either. But boy, he has got to have the fastest hands Ive seen in the sport. He was floored in the first round by both roy jones jr., and bernard hopkins. Now these two guys are relatively the heavier punchers. But he was able to defeat these two utilizing his blinding hand speed.

Being faster also means that your opponent will have to keep chasing you around the ring. This expends a lot of energy. Sooner or later, your opponent will soon loose energy to power his punches. Then thats the time you can start landing those jabs to the head and hopefully land his ass on the canvas.

This was a strategy used by Ali in his bout with then heavyweight champion george foreman. During his prime foreman could knock out a horse with his power. But Ali was able to slip his way out of trouble by letting foreman chase him around the ring, fending him off with quick double jabs, and wearing out his punches. By the later rounds, foreman was already drained, and Ali started landing quick combinations that sent foreman to the canvass

So the winner for me is.... SPEED