PacMan's Corner

menime

Last night, I watched the fight between Oscar and Floyd. Now I know why Freddy wanted the Pacman-Dela Hoya fight.

Because the Golden Boy wasn't impressive anymore. He was just too slow and inaccurate against Floyd.

My guess is, Freddy and Manny will play a defensive type of boxing just like Floyd to frustrate Oscar.

But I still have to watched Oscar's fight against Steve Forbes before I can bet on Pacman. :lol:

1st time ko makitang lumaban na underdog si pacman. tagal narin nangyari yan. last time na na naging dehado sya is ung unang laban nila ni barrera. isang columnist pa ang pagpredict na ma22log sa laban si pacman. i hope maulit nya ang ganitong history. scripted or not pag napatulog nya si odh sigurado aangat na sya over delahoya sa list.

I really doubt that Manny can beat De La Hoya at 147... Mejo mabigat un.. Pero if he can, then the next move would be to call Mayweather out of retirement.. Baka dun nasa $40M na kitain nia.. hahaha...

I think the biggest payday for any fighter is a fight with Oscar dela Hoya, bar none.

baka bumagal si pacman sa pagdagdag nya ng weight

yun pa naman ung asset nya

killer combo ng speed at power baka maging power na lang

i somewhat doubt that... remember that pacman is now fighting in 145 div. 2 lbs is not a factor. really! pacman cant beat goldenboy. period! remember that mayweather almost lost to dela hoya, its just a matter of judges decision whether they'll count quality over quantity of punch.

A somewhat similar fight is slated on October 18 between a 37 years old, 6'7 Vitali Klitschko vs reigning WBC Heavyweight Champ 27 years old, 6'0 Samuel Peters

An aging big guy vs a smaller guy in the peak of his career.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2008/10/ipt/1223508518.jpg

Edited by jerzz
i somewhat doubt that... remember that pacman is now fighting in 145 div. 2 lbs is not a factor. really! pacman cant beat goldenboy. period! remember that mayweather almost lost to dela hoya, its just a matter of judges decision whether they'll count quality over quantity of punch.

correction sir, he fights at the 135lbs division. come fight night however, he weighs about 145lbs. pacman may lose this fight, but he will never be destroyed, masyadong mabilis eh, but as of now, my money is still on DLH.

would want sana that the weigh-in is at fight night not a day before kasi DLH would probably rehydrate to around 160lbs while MP cannot because he would feel like a bloated boxer if he rehydrates during fight night to more than 147lbs. if i remember right, he weighed 145lbs when he fought diaz.

relaks ka lang at part ng script nila yan hahahahaha

ummmmm, i don't think that they are following a script, but eventhough i wouldn't miss this fight, i feel that this will become one of the most boring fights i have seen. sing this song to the tune of run samson run by neil sedaka, pwede na sigurong kumanta ng :

Oh, run pacman run, DLH'S (ayos ah, parang delilah rin) on his (her) way

Run pacman (samson) run, you ain't got time to stay

Run pacman (samson) run, on your mark you better start

I'd rather trust a hungry lion than a boxer (gal) with a cheatin mind (heart)!

pañeros, gets nyo ba?

Edited by romulo137
  • 2 weeks later...

Pavlik, a 26 year old middleweight champ, got schooled by Bernard Hopkins, a 40-something legend. Pavlik moved up in weight from 160 to 170 and was totally outclassed (even looked like he was getting KTFO). As a result, he got his first career loss.

Manny Pacquiao, 29 year old lightweight champ, meets Oscar, an aging legend. Manny moving up 12 lbs.

Same ending as Pavlik-Hopkins? Highly probable.

Edited by azayco
Last night, I watched the fight between Oscar and Floyd. Now I know why Freddy wanted the Pacman-Dela Hoya fight.

Because the Golden Boy wasn't impressive anymore. He was just too slow and inaccurate against Floyd.

My guess is, Freddy and Manny will play a defensive type of boxing just like Floyd to frustrate Oscar.

But I still have to watched Oscar's fight against Steve Forbes before I can bet on Pacman.

PBF can make anyone look bad

Pavlik, a 26 year old middleweight champ, got schooled by Bernard Hopkins, a 40-something legend. Pavlik moved up in weight from 160 to 170 and was totally outclassed (even looked like he was getting KTFO). As a result, he got his first career loss.

Manny Pacquiao, 29 year old lightweight champ, meets Oscar, an aging legend. Manny moving up 12 lbs.

Pavlik

Total fights 35

Wins 34

Wins by KO 30

Losses 1

Draws 0

No contests 0

Hopkins

Total fights 56

Wins 49

Wins by KO 32

Losses 5

Draws 1

No contests 1

Pacman

Total fights 52

Wins 47

Wins by KO 35

Losses 3

Draws 2

No contests 0

ODLH

Total fights 44

Wins 39

Wins by KO 30

Losses 5

Draws 0

No contests 0

maybe its becuz pavlik is not seasoned enough. here, pacman has more fights than ODLH and pavlik. this aint no "schoolboy" by any stretch of the imagination

Edited by robbietan

Naku excited nako for this fight! I will pray to high heavens that Pacman will end up being the winner but looking at how fierce and seasoned ODH is, I dont think Pacman would stand a chance.

But nevertheless, laban lang ng laban Pacman! Hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

highly probable but elite athletes dont go in a fight thinking ..ohh crap im going to lose this one,they always think i am faster and stronger and im going to kick your ass

Naku excited nako for this fight! I will pray to high heavens that Pacman will end up being the winner but looking at how fierce and seasoned ODH is, I dont think Pacman would stand a chance.

But nevertheless, laban lang ng laban Pacman! Hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

naku iha huwag mo nang isama ang Diyos sa scripted gimik nato hahaha :lol:

:*