PacMan's Corner

menime

^ considering what campbell wrote in his blog. MP stands to gain another milestone if his next fight would be the winner of the Campbell-Guzman fight. MP already has tons of money. i think he'd like to leave this sport a good legacy by making another milestone or history in his storied career. i hope he'll heed Campbell's suggestion...

All of a sudden, the interest of the boxing world shifted to the Lightweight Division.

Juan Manuel Marquez will debut at Lightweight against Joel Casamayor on Sept. 13 to keep pace with Pacman for a possible third match.

Joan Guzman, the undefeated WBO Super Featherweight will also debut at Lightweight against Nate Campbell on Sept. 13.

And now, there are talks of Edwin Valero moving to Lightweight Division to challenge Pacman.

I agree that Manny should clean the Lightweight Division first before fighting Hatton.

Go Pacman! :thumbsupsmiley:

All of a sudden, the interest of the boxing world shifted to the Lightweight Division.

Juan Manuel Marquez will debut at Lightweight against Joel Casamayor on Sept. 13 to keep pace with Pacman for a possible third match.

Joan Guzman, the undefeated WBO Super Featherweight will also debut at Lightweight against Nate Campbell on Sept. 13.

And now, there are talks of Edwin Valero moving to Lightweight Division to challenge Pacman.

I agree that Manny should clean the Lightweight Division first before fighting Hatton.

Go Pacman! :thumbsupsmiley:

if JMM wins against Casamayor; Campbell wins against Guzman, Pacman wins against Valero. JMM and Campbell will be itching to get a crack at MP. but MP after defending his title against Valero will move up again at 140lbs to face Hatton. ano kaya iisipin ni JMM? na ina avoid sya ni MP? hahhaha.

but their second fight is a different story huh?... so the judges CAN make "mistakes"?... whew...

halatang di ka marunong kung paano scoring sa boxing dude...

sa first fight umamin yung judge na dapat 10-7 score nung 3 knockdown!

sa second fight kahit yung pinalitan na judge nakita nya na in-favor parin kay pacman.. panalo si pacman..

Knockout muna or kahit Knockdown lang ni JMM si Pacman... 4 knockdown for 2 fight sabihin mo na panalo si JMM? come on..

eto tanong ko sayo... san mo napanood ang JMM v Pacman 2? sino nag coverage?

Edited by djrs
Just wanted to share this (if no one has yet):

----------------

Letter from Nate Campbell, posted on Dan Rafael's blog.

"To David and Manny,

Good luck to both of you this Saturday. I know a lot of folks are predicting Manny to win this with ease, but I also know it ain't gonna happen that easily. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm writing this letter because I want the winner of your fight to really consider the history that could be made by fighting the winner of my Sept. 13 fight with Joan Guzman, which, of course, I am confident will be me.

Anyway, the winner of your fight in meeting the winner of my fight has the chance to do something that has only been done once in the history of boxing: a complete unification of the IBF, WBO, WBC and WBA world titles. The only other person in history to accomplish that feat was Bernard Hopkins. Roy Jones never did it. Oscar De La Hoya never did it. Floyd Mayweather never did it. Nobody except Bernard ever did it. And that's not to say we would be better than those guys, or anything like that, but we do have the opportunity to do something that they never did. So let's truly make the effort, for the sake of history, to make a fight between us a reality before mandatories or other economic realities prevent the titles from staying together.

We all know there is plenty of money to go around, and let's face it, all of us are financially OK already. So, for once, let's not make it about the money, and let's do what's right for boxing. We have a chance to make a complete unification happen. Let's not let money, or our promoters, or anything else get in the way of that.

As much as I love Don King and Terry, I have no problem telling both of them that after the Guzman fight, they don't need to bother sending me any bout agreements that don't have either David or Manny's name on it (whoever wins). And both of you can tell Bob Arum the same thing. Don't forget that these guys are supposed to work for us, not the other way around. And specifically to David: I know a fight with Manny would mean a lot more money than a fight with you would, but if you win on Saturday, everything I have said here still stands. This chance to make history and unify all four world titles is bigger than you and me. A lot bigger. And even though it might not be for a ton of money, we still would need to fight and not let this opportunity get away.

It's about history. It's about being the second man in the history of boxing to do this. And so to whichever of you guys wins on Saturday, don't forget what this sport has given you, and understand that sometimes something needs to be given back.

Relax a while, enjoy your victory, spend time with your family, and then tell Bob that the only fight you are interested in is the Campbell-Guzman winner. We can always make money, but it's not too often that we get the chance to make history.

Nate Campbell

IBF/WBO/WBA Lightweight Champion"

maganda punto ni tandang Campbell dito sana nga totoo itong sinseridad niya para sa boksing at hindi siya pa-hard to get matapos manalo ni Pacman. maganda din kung Pacman-Campbell dahil history ito kung magkataon pero alam natin medyo me personal interest din si tandang campbell dito pag nanalo siya ke Pacman (sana matuloy ito next year) kuha niya apat na sinturon tapos sabay retire 36 na siya di ba maganda alis niya sa history sigurado hall of fame na siya hehehe

pero hayaan na natin ang personal interest ni tandang campblell. maganda din naman ang intensiyon kahit papano. sana makapaghintay si pacman next year ke campbell (tingin ko tatalunin niya si guzman). oo malaki kita niya kung si hatton next year pero history ang mas maganda kung si campbell ang makalaban niya next year muna bago si hatton.

kung maiintindihan lang ni arum at roach ito sana matuloy pacman-campbell next year. hindi ba naeengganyo si pacman sa 3 pang lightweight na sinturon? at matawag na "Undisputed Lightweight Champion of the World, Manny Pacman Pacquiao." hehehe

Edited by Mike_Lowrey21

Sakto yung schedule mo :thumbsupsmiley:

kung ako lang si arum

nov 8 - pacman-valero

december-january -- paskong walang katulad (sabong, tsiks, inuman si pacman, hehe)

march o april 2009- pacman -campbell

june-july '09-- pacman - hatton

nov-dec '09 -- pacman-mayweather or dela hoya (tapos manalo matalo, retire na, hehehe)

Kung matalo si Campbell si Guzman ang kalabanin ;)

Pero bago yan dapat manalo si Pac kay Valero

Pacquiao Pound for Pound Best: Here is Why.

Brad Cooney

Calzaghe number two

I'm sure plenty of Herald - aholics and die hard Pacquiao fans by now have filled Mr. Dan Horgan's email box up. After reading Horgan's pound for pound list, and seeing the UK's Joe Calzaghe leading the PAC (no pun intended) on the pound for pound list, I had to throw in my two cents as to why I think the Irish Bostonian has it wrong.

Yes, yes, yes my friend Dan, Calzaghe is 45-0. He compiled this record over a long stretch of time. He's been a champion for 10 years. Ten years is a long time, but I ask this question. Who has Calzaghe fought and defended his title against for those ten years? Other than recent fights against Jeff Lacy, Peter Manfredo Jr, Mikkel Kessler, and an older and much less dangerous Bernard Hopkins, who has he fought? That older and much less dangerous Bernard Hopkins gave Calzaghe all he could handle! Ten years is a long time, but can anyone other than a die hard Calzaghe fan name who he's fought (besides those who I just mentioned) and defended his title against? No cheating either, no boxrec.com!

Calzaghe has fast hands, but he slaps when he punches and nobody respects his power. Joe Calzaghe FINALLY left his nest and took a fight in America when he fought Bernard Hopkins. A champion for ten years, and he never defended his title in enemy territory?

Manny Pacquiao a FIVE division world champion has fought and beat EVERY recent Mexican legend in the sport of boxing. Erik Morales (twice), Marco Antonio Barrera (twice) Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar Larios (former world champion) and a recent thrashing over lightweight world champion David Diaz. How many multi divisional world titles has Joe Calzaghe grabbed? Oh, I did mention Pacquiao has conquered world titles in FIVE divisions, didn't I? I thought so.

To me, in order to be labeled as the pound for pound greatest in the world, you better have disposed of some legends in the process -- that's plural, legendS. Floyd Mayweather Jr. beat Oscar De La Hoya, and then he introduced Ricky Hatton's face to the canvass by way of his fist, then the turnbuckle. Then mix in Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, and Jose Luis Castillo. How many divisional world titles has Mayweather grabbed? Five? How many has Pacquiao grabbed? Five? Oh yeah, I said that already, didn't I?

Let's talk skills now. Calzaghe to me is a very fast handed fighter, BUT, he slaps when he punches. In my opinion, he has not crafted his game, and he has not excelled as a fighter over time. Manny Pacquiao on the other hand has developed and crafted his game as his career has progressed. Training under Freddie Roach, Pacquiao has developed a very dangerous right hand. Pacquiao is fast, he doesn't slap, he punches, and his punches have bad intentions.

In my opinion, there is no way that Joe Calzaghe should be ahead of Manny Pacquiao on the pound for pound greatest list. I look at skills, opponents, and accomplishments. Let's compare the two fighters accomplishments.

Joe Calzaghe

10 year world champion

1 division – super middleweight

Editor's note: Calzaghe won the linear light heavyweight championship from Bernard Hopkins, although no title belts were fought for.

Notable victories:

Peter Manfredo Jr

Jeff Lacy – former world champion

Mikkel Kessler – former world champion

Bernard Hopkins – former world champion

Manny Pacquiao

World champion in FIVE different divisions

Notable victories over legends such as:

Erik Morales (twice) former world champion

Marco Antonio Barrera (twice) - former world champion

Juan Manuel Marquez - former world champion

David Diaz - former world champion

Oscar Larios - former world champion

SKILLS

Pacquiao extreme speed, power, and now he has power in both hands.

Calzaghe only has fast hands.

PACQUIAO IS THE POUND FOR POUND GREATEST!

questions/comments – bradcooney1@bellsouth.net

halatang di ka marunong kung paano scoring sa boxing dude...

sa first fight umamin yung judge na dapat 10-7 score nung 3 knockdown!

sa second fight kahit yung pinalitan na judge nakita nya na in-favor parin kay pacman.. panalo si pacman..

Knockout muna or kahit Knockdown lang ni JMM si Pacman... 4 knockdown for 2 fight sabihin mo na panalo si JMM? come on..

eto tanong ko sayo... san mo napanood ang JMM v Pacman 2? sino nag coverage?

"Halatang di marunong sa scoring sa Boxing?'.... wow... I said MP won the first fight... what was it about my posts that made you think that you know boxing more than I do?... Im not going to debate you about this, you think MP won the second fight ... ok, ok.... but to me he lost, and thats my opinion... Im no expert but that is what I saw. Which coverage did I watch?... is that even relevant?

Of all MP fights, this is the only fight that I commented on... because all his other fights were great. come on man, nothing personal... Its just an opinion. You are entitled to yours too. Dont judge me and say that I dont know the sport of Boxing... because I never judged you and I never said anything personal about you.

But make no doubt about it, If you push me the wrong way, I would definitely push back. peace man... next time respect the opinion of others. :thumbsdownsmiley:

arent we lucky enough to see and watch the greatest Filipino boxer of all time in our generation? or i can call it the greatest boxer of Asia?

we are lucky indeed! apparently some of our kababayan are too ungrateful to appreciate such things..whew! talk about crab mentality

we are lucky indeed! apparently some of our kababayan are too ungrateful to appreciate such things..whew! talk about crab mentality

ganun talaga un... sore losers

Hindi matanggap na isang tricycle driver na kumikita na ng millions of dollars. Compared to them who labored through college... tapos ganun lang kinahinatnan nila. hehehe

Pacman is the greatest Filipino boxer so far

Edited by Archdevil
laki na naman ulo ni pacman.. tsk.. tsk.. tsk.

Wow!!! People will always find ways to rag Manny Pacquiao... Talaga naman. But on the second thought, natural lang yung mga ganyang comment, forum ito, lets not forget...

Pero pag nakatikim ka ng suntok ni Manny ewan ko na lang kung masabi mo pa yan.