PacMan's Corner

menime

The fight, especially the results, was indeed close. Some are saying that JMM should have won, because PAC didn't do enough to win. But, isn't possible that some Filipinos have been used to PAC winning convincingly, thus, even if he barely won, said victory for most people is considered as a loss?

At the end, both fighters gave it their all, and after the smoke has cleared, perhaps it would be prudent to review the tape. In fact, I'll do that, so that I can judge the match minus the excitement, because there's a tendency to overlook details when you're cheering and shouting. :thumbsupsmiley:

Whatever people say about the fight, Pacman is indeed one helluva fighter. Because other boxers would run away from those who can beat them, or those whose styles run contrary to theirs, but Pacman is not like that. He takes on anybody without exception; in fact, he'll gladly fight Pretty Boy Floyd if given the chance, and the right circumstances. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by ZO9zaa

My scorecard is for JMM 114-113

Pero ganito yan, pag dikit ang laban sa Las Vegas, pinapaboran ng judges yung mas sikat na boksingero, yung magdadala ng maraming pera sa kanila, at alam naman natin kung sino yun ;)

Mali yung technique ni MP na lumaban ng may distansya, mas mahaba at mas technically skilled sa kanya si JMM, dapat dikitang laban ginawa niya, labo labo style, dun nya napabagsak si JMM. Kaya naman niya ang suntok ni JMM, pero yung suntok niya hindi kaya ni JMM kaya dapat dikitang labo labo matira ang matibay.

Nawala yung NO FEAR attittude niya

The Associated Press score it 114-113

Yahoo Sports score it 115-112

ESPN had it 114-113

all for JMM

buti na lang hindi kami yung judge :lol:

Edited by jerzz
Im quoting a post from a boxing message board from a guy who is a diehard Pacman fan. This post shows how the fight could have gone either way. Meaning, an argument could be made for either guy winning.

Here's the quote:

"I was at the fight live and I'll be honest...in my heart I felt JMM won. I didn't score the fight because I was too busy chewing the skin off my knuckles, but it just seemed like JMM had more "moments" than Pac.

But, I will also say that I called up a friend (who's Mexican) and he was watching the fight with a whole house full of other mexicans and I asked him what everyone thought...and he said, "Almost all of them felt Pac clearly won, were saying JMM needed a KO to win in the 12th, and were surprised that JMM actually won on one judges' scorecards."

The filipino friend of mine sitting next to me also thought JMM won. Now you gotta remember that me and my flip friend are two of the biggest Pac fans there are. So I then called my other friend who is a Pac HATER (he sat the opposite end of the arena) and he thought Pac won a close one.

I guess all this means is...too f#&king close to call...could have gone either way, and after getting a draw in the first fight, I have no problem with this one going to Pac.

oh...and I definitely gotta watch the hbo replay.

btw...this was the first fight my wife ever went to and she f#&king LOVED IT. Even though I would have loved nothing more than a 1st KO by Pac, I'm kinda happy it went 12 hard, back and forth rounds, because she was actually yawning in the Luevano fight.

Lastly...I think everyone needs to give both Pac and JMM huge ass props...my god what a couple of f#&king warriors."

the best post so far... maybe us pinoys are used to watching the pacman deck an opponent to submission til the mandatory 10-count is finished that most of us remain totally unconvinced of the fight's outcome..

yeah, Pacquiao won probably by a single point or two only..it may be an unconvincing victory but nonetheless he won it fair & square (unlike his first fight with marquez)...personally, I would have scored the 3rd round as 10-7 and not 10-8 in favor of pacquiao (f#&kin' Marquez went down with both feet high up in the air, hehehe)..

peace!

whats funny about us filipinos is were TOO PROUD hahaha,may hati kb sa panalo ni pacqiao? or ung kasikatan nya? kahit manalo siya panget parin ang tingin sa pilipinas,no amount of his glory can change our countrys image to the perspective of other nations. in short parang nakikisawsaw tayo sa walang laman na baso.

pacqiao WAS a good boxer...BEFORE he involved himself with politics,etc.

now hes not the peoples champion except for those who still fantasize about him...he WAS the people champion...but not anymore.

maybe lito atienza's champion or GMA's champion but definitely NOT this country's'

looking at the scoring of every round...it was LUCK and maybe influence that won pacqiao that match...

hindi na cya tulad dati...people champ amp

Bitter?! <_< Tsk!

You're actually having problems about Filipinos who are proud to be one because of Manny's success?! :angry: I can't believe you just said that. Know what, IKINAHIHIYA KO NA KABABAYAN KITA! You shouldn't have been born here! You're gloating about Manny's victory because he tried his hand once in politics. You didn't even even gave him the benefit of the doubt. That maybe he ran because of two things? First, because of the first gentleman's insistence (Cong. Darlene, Manny's opponent in the recent elections, was a known enemy of the GMA administration) knowing that "malaki ang utang na loob ni Manny kay" Mr. Arroyo; second because he REALLY thought he can do something for his kababayans in the South. -_-

I was an OFW in KSA when Pacquiao defeated Erik Morales and Larios. You didn't know the sense of pride that he's bringing to his co-Filipinos. Para sa mga katulad kong nagpapakahirap sa ibang bansa at sumusunod sa mga among ibang lahi, malaking bagay sa amin ang may maipagmalaki kami na Pilipinong nagtatagumpay lalo pa't sa sikat na larangan ng boxing. <_<

Filipinos are not dumb to think that Manny's closeness to the first family or Lito Atienza has something to do with his greatness in the ring or vice versa. If you think that the people who are applauding Pacquiao are also applauding the GMA Administration or Lito Atienza then you're an exclusive case. Ikaw lang yung "dumb" na Pilipinong kilala ko pagdating dyan. You wanna frown because Pacquiao won?! So be it. Suit yourself. After all, KAYA MO NAMAN SIGURO KAMING PAKITAAN NG BAGAY NA MAIPAGMAMALAKI NAMIN SA IBANG LAHI DI BA? Hindi kagaya ni PacMan.

Ang hirap sa ibang Pilipinong gaya mo, utak-talangka kayo. Matatanggap ko pa na disappointed ang ibang kababayan natin kasi sa tingin nila hindi convincing ang pagkaka-panalo ni PacMan. Pero MASAYA sila kasi PANALO si PacMan. Eh ikaw... bakit ba nagliliyab ang tumbong mo kay PacMan?! Kasi wala kang balato? Kasi talo pusta mo? Kasi tinalo niya si Marquez mo?

Pilipino ka ba? Better check your loyalties now. Nakakasuka ang mga tulad mo! :thumbsdownsmiley:

look at his WINNER look

http://i27.tinypic.com/2llk0p5.jpg

pag nagsesearch ka ng pix sa net of pac and marquez fight...mga WINNER looks lang ang nakukuha ko hahaha

Winner pics ba gusto mo? Eto oh...

post-116634-1205675030.jpg

post-116634-1205675039.jpg

post-116634-1205674998.jpg

Nakita mo? Sige isaksak mo sa baga mo! Next time, I'll teach you how to use the internet, ok? :lol:

Sana ganito din tayo kabusisi nung makatabla si Marquez kay PacMan noon ano?! :P

O kaya nung natalo si Onyok Velasco kay Bugilov noon sa Olympics...

O kaya nung natalo si Gerry Peñalosa nun sa South Korea...

The fight was too close to call that I myself who believes that Pacquiao won this fight against Marquez wouldn't disagree if people would say that the fight could've gone either way.

C'mon guys, what's wrong with you?! :( If we're going to compare this fight to a basketball game, this will be a game decided by a single point with the winning team getting an endgame break. It's not a like tinambakan ng losing team ang kalaban and then niluto ng referees ang laban kaya nanalo yung nanalo, di ba?

Pacquiao showed up... he fought... and his performance albeit subpar from his previous fights is NOT mediocre. Marquez got hit... he got floored... he received some... hell, even the computers say that he only landed 10 more punches than Pacquiao but of course, we all know who's got heavier punches.

Why can't we be happy that PacMan won?! The win's not impressive but it is a win nonetheless. Hindi nakakahiyang panalo dahil hindi naman dinaya si Marquez eh. Mas nakakahiya kung natalo yung kababayan natin. -_-

it used to be everytime MP wins, united ang bayan. but now backreading this thread, panalo na nga si MP, me nag aaway pa....

tsk tsk tsk... it's all water under the bridge or no use crying over spilt milk...

tama na yung i express niyo yung opinion who you personally think won the fight...pero yung i highlight pa yung negative ni Pacman and being satirical pa with the killer looks effect? only in the Philippines lang yung kapwa pilipino, sisiraan ang kapwa pilipino...

we are all Filipinos here. we should be proud that Manny Pacquiao won the fight. everytime he fights, he brings honor and pride to the country, win or lose...

let's do away with this crab mentality where pinoys love to pull down their kapwa pinoys when they see their compatriots succeeding. let's look at the positive side...

peace!

Bitter?! <_< Tsk!

You're actually having problems about Filipinos who are proud to be one because of Manny's success?! :angry: I can't believe you just said that. Know what, IKINAHIHIYA KO NA KABABAYAN KITA! You shouldn't have been born here! You're gloating about Manny's victory because he tried his hand once in politics. You didn't even even gave him the benefit of the doubt. That maybe he ran because of two things? First, because of the first gentleman's insistence (Cong. Darlene, Manny's opponent in the recent elections, was a known enemy of the GMA administration) knowing that "malaki ang utang na loob ni Manny kay" Mr. Arroyo; second because he REALLY thought he can do something for his kababayans in the South. -_-

I was an OFW in KSA when Pacquiao defeated Erik Morales and Larios. You didn't know the sense of pride that he's bringing to his co-Filipinos. Para sa mga katulad kong nagpapakahirap sa ibang bansa at sumusunod sa mga among ibang lahi, malaking bagay sa amin ang may maipagmalaki kami na Pilipinong nagtatagumpay lalo pa't sa sikat na larangan ng boxing. <_<

Filipinos are not dumb to think that Manny's closeness to the first family or Lito Atienza has something to do with his greatness in the ring or vice versa. If you think that the people who are applauding Pacquiao are also applauding the GMA Administration or Lito Atienza then you're an exclusive case. Ikaw lang yung "dumb" na Pilipinong kilala ko pagdating dyan. You wanna frown because Pacquiao won?! So be it. Suit yourself. After all, KAYA MO NAMAN SIGURO KAMING PAKITAAN NG BAGAY NA MAIPAGMAMALAKI NAMIN SA IBANG LAHI DI BA? Hindi kagaya ni PacMan.

Ang hirap sa ibang Pilipinong gaya mo, utak-talangka kayo. Matatanggap ko pa na disappointed ang ibang kababayan natin kasi sa tingin nila hindi convincing ang pagkaka-panalo ni PacMan. Pero MASAYA sila kasi PANALO si PacMan. Eh ikaw... bakit ba nagliliyab ang tumbong mo kay PacMan?! Kasi wala kang balato? Kasi talo pusta mo? Kasi tinalo niya si Marquez mo?

Pilipino ka ba? Better check your loyalties now. Nakakasuka ang mga tulad mo! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Pareng Legionnaire,

Couldn't have said it better myself!

To me, it's still kind of shocking that a lot of Filipinos display the characteristics of a crustacean with two claws; it's really embarrassing! I've even heard some Filipinos say "sana matalo si Pacquiao kasi lumalaki na ulo niya." While some of us Filipinos think that Manny's head has swollen to obscene proportions, the consensus of foreign journalists is that Manny is one of the humblest fighters around. Wow grabe ang inggit! Remember, envy is a deadly sin.

C'mon, if you think Manny lost because Marquez kicked his butt, that's okay, but if you think Manny lost because of something else not related to his performance in the ring, then you're stupid, dumb and a complete idiot.

Now, onto the match. After Manny's ass got kicked in the 8th, I was really scared that he'd lose. He came back in the late rounds so I thought it would really, really be close. When the fight ended, I honestly didn't know who won. I had feared Manny lost. I knew it would be a split decision one way or the other, or at worst a draw, so I hung my head and thought to myself, "oh no, not again." Fortunately, he won and I can't be happier, despite the controversy.

JMM should stop crying foul. He's a great fighter and a sure HOF. However, he can't knock down Manny, nor could he stop Manny from knocking him down. The fact is, the KD in the 3rd round spelled the difference. It's time boxing judges started rewarding aggressive fighters like Manny. I'm sick and tired of counter-punchers and hit-and-run types (attention, Floyd). Remember what they say: "Let's get it on!" MMA fans should be familiar with this.

Go Manny! Next stop, kicking David Diaz's ass!

Keeping it real Pacman 3rd round Knockout is a savior, Marquez is very Skilled and Technical while Pacman's Speed and Power it the best in the bizz, well I wish Manny will just stick on what he's good at. And thats "BOXING!" stay away from showbisnezz, politics kung anung bisyo he's too overrated wala naman kwenta showbizz dito, and we have a corrupt and dirty government. I know Manny is an amazing fighter he could knockout Marquez on the early rounds but I'm kinda felt na nawala yung something magical about him :( when he last fought Morales he was on his peak now he's slowing a bit... :cry: but anyway hes's still the best!!!! :cool:

One of the better write-ups about the match (http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=14851&more=1). See, foreigners like Manny. It's a shame some Filipinos are embarrassingly crab-minded:

Pac-Man-Marquez II - Whoever You Think Won, One Thing Is Clear; As Boxing's Most Exciting Fighter Pacquiao Is Back!

16.03.08 - by James Slater: The argument as to just who deserved the decision after Saturday's instant classic between Manny Pacquaio and Juan Manuel Marquez, in their superb rematch, will no doubt go on for some time. Yet one thing the fight proved beyond any doubt is the fact that Pac-Man is once again boxing's number one most thrilling operator.

In his last two bouts, against Jorge Solis and Marco Antonio Barrera, it was clear Manny was not firing on all cylinders. As a result, both fights did not produce the pulsating action Pacquiao fights normally do. Well, guess what - Pac-Man is back to doing what he does best, namely putting the fans attending his fights through absolutely pulse quickening drama. Last night's return bout, four years in the making and all, was nothing short of a majestic and glorious battle..

The fight also asked a number of questions, not least, who actually won? Also, the following posers were put forth; can Pacquiao really go any further up in weight? Will there be a third Pacquiao-Marquez bout, was the rematch even better than March 1st's Vazquez-Marquez rubber match? And, finally, can we simply stop talking about a Pacquiao-Ricky Hatton fight?

Now to answer these questions one by one.

Firstly, for what it's worth, this writer had last night's fight scored as a one point win for Juan Manuel Marquez. The fight was desperately close, however, so the question of who won can only come down to a case of take your pick. One does hope that there are no cries of robbery, though. This fight was too good to be spoiled, at least partially, by any complaints of that nature. The action was dead close, let's leave it at that.

Can Pac-Man go up any further in weight? For a guy who made his pro debut down at a mere 106 pounds, the Filipino superstar has already achieved plenty. But to go up to lightweight? That may be biting off a little more than Manny can chew. Super-featherweight looks, to this writer, anyway, about as successfully high as the 29-year-old can go. As it is, Manny has already earned himself the accolade of being the first boxer from his country to win as many as four world titles in different divisions. In short, Pacquaio doesn't need to take risks by going up any higher, his legacy is already cemented beyond any doubt.

Will there be a third fight? How can there not be? The fights, both one and two, were absolute barnburners, and it could be argued (indeed, it almost certainly will be) that we have yet to see a clear winner in either fight between the two men. As great as fights one and two were, last night's return especially, there will surely be a third clash. Hopefully this year.

Was last night's great fight even better than March 1st's rubber match war between Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez? Again, it's down to individual opinion, but I say yes. The drama was absolutely agonising last night, and the action more than delivered. Sure, the March 1st fight between Juan Manuel's brother and the magnificent Israel Vazquez delivered big style too, but for me Pacquaio-Marquez II topped it. Just. Whatever the case, though, we have almost certainly seen 2008's fight of the year - whether or not you think it took place two weeks ago, or just last night.

How about talk of a Pac-Man-Ricky Hatton clash? No. In a word, no. This fight should not happen. Yes, I know Manny enters the ring at around 144 pounds or so, but he is just too small for Hatton. There is no shortage of other, equally intriguing fights out there for Pacquaio, so why go after a natural light-welterweight like "The Hitman?" Such a fight would no doubt prove incredibly lively and dramatic for a while, but it wouldn't be a long while. Manny is not the hardest guy in the world to hit, and get hit hard and often he would by Hatton. Against a man so much naturally bigger, it would simply not be fair. Pacquiao is fearless, and would take the fight in a heartbeat, without question, but this particular mountain would be one too high to climb.

For the time being, however, whatever path he chooses to follow in the coming months, let's all congratulate, not only Manny Pacquaio, but also the equally superb Juan Manuel Marquez, on a fight exceedingly well fought last night at The Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Without any question, Pacquiao-Marquez II was a fight for the ages!

anyway, i think nakahinga ng maluwag si gma/malacanang people. time to celebrate. UNITY WALK photo-ops galore!

hahaha... Nice one! Suddenly, because of this win, the Filipino people are now pro-government? hehehe.. Nakalimutan na ang lahat? I hope not.. :unsure: :lol:

@stormgray & Legionnaire.

ganyan din ang nakikita ko at naririnig.

pareho tayo ng mga sinsasabi..

at ako may HBO-PVP ako na video dito saakin ngayon. i watch it again and again and again. then ako nag score. mas biased yung score nung unang judge na 115-112 for JMM.

115-112 for MP is OK! pero mas ok ang 114-113 for MP! sa totoo lang try to watch it again. tignan nyo kung gaano ka diin ang suntok ni MP. kung gaano kalakas ang suntok ni MP. unlike yung punch ni JMM.

mas busy si pacman. mas marami pinakawalan suntok.

whats funny about us filipinos is were TOO PROUD hahaha,may hati kb sa panalo ni pacqiao? or ung kasikatan nya? kahit manalo siya panget parin ang tingin sa pilipinas,no amount of his glory can change our countrys image to the perspective of other nations. in short parang nakikisawsaw tayo sa walang laman na baso.

pacqiao WAS a good boxer...BEFORE he involved himself with politics,etc.

now hes not the peoples champion except for those who still fantasize about him...he WAS the people champion...but not anymore.

maybe lito atienza's champion or GMA's champion but definitely NOT this country's'

looking at the scoring of every round...it was LUCK and maybe influence that won pacqiao that match...

hindi na cya tulad dati...people champ amp

Mexicano ka no? haha! Wala akong pakialam sa naging desisyon ng judges. Ilang taon nang dinadaya ang Pilipinas sa larangan ng Boxing kaya kahit sabihing daya o chamba ung panalo ni Pacman ok lang un kasi Pilipino un eh natural dun ako kakampi. Tama si Legionnaire nakakahiya ung mga Pilipinong kagaya mo :thumbsdownsmiley:

Mexicano ka no? haha! Wala akong pakialam sa naging desisyon ng judges. Ilang taon nang dinadaya ang Pilipinas sa larangan ng Boxing kaya kahit sabihing daya o chamba ung panalo ni Pacman ok lang un kasi Pilipino un eh natural dun ako kakampi. Tama si Legionnaire nakakahiya ung mga Pilipinong kagaya mo :thumbsdownsmiley:

i must agree that it kinda surprised me a bit that yesterday's split decision went OUR way... honestly, i couldn't even remember the last time a filipino won on the score cards in a close fight like this.

i am not one of the ring judges so it doesn't matter how i scored the fight... after the 12th round, like most of us here, i was just hoping that pacquiao will strap the wbc super featherweight belt around his waist.

well, he did... and that just brightens up everybody's weekend, does it?

off topic rant...

i don't know what's going through the minds of people sending out text messages about the fight's outcome even before gma 7's / solar's coverage started (which spurs another lengthy topic, by the way)... i don't care if you have your pay-per-views or you have somebody from the states feeding you the details... next time, please shut the f#&k up and just keep the results to yourselves.

nakaktuwa din talaga dito mag basa, sa probinsya 2 ang live mga bro! Solar All Access & Super Sports! para sakin yung 115-112 na score malayo... yung 114-113 para kay para kay pacman yun ang close talaga! Kita nyo naman nung na knock down ni pacman si marquez yung pag bagsak nya pero pinakita nya kung gaano sya katibay. Kita nyo din nung isang mata ang guamgana kay pacman at inakala ng lahat na matatalo na sya ng bigla nyang binaligtad ang laban. Ang ganda ng laban gang sa huli at kay Manny talaga ang panalo. Nga lang kung aakyat talaga sya e di nya mapagbibigyan c marquez hehehe.

at Isa pa kaya yung iba di maganda ang commnets kasi mas gusto natin pakita e knock out! A win is a Win!

Edited by pogingpogi2x

off topic, they mispelled Ciara Sotto's name with Sierra Soto...

the girl who sang the Star Spangled Banner is Fil-Am Mexican named Jasmine Villegas...

di ko yata nakita si jinky...

galing ng timing ni singson magpunas ng mukha ni pacman...sinadya nung nasa camera na...malinis naman mukha ni manny...napaghahalata...

si manny magsasalita pa sana sa mic pero in-interview na si JMM agad..."i also want to thank the..........."