Hong Kong Disneyland

Guest Dennis®
Mga Sirs,

I'm planning to go there this November with my sister and her 2 kids. Would a budget of P50K be sufficient?

Appreciate your comments...

Thanks!

wetaminit. ulitin ko lang post ko. according to LFT medyo suplado daw kasi dating ko. my apologies shane. pero you know what, LFT is right. there is a way! there are budget hotels in HK. for P50k, you can still go around HK (medyo limited lang nga ang shopping mo)

i suggest you talk to LFT on how to go around HK with a limited budget. if there's a will, there's a car :P

LFT = lustfortravel

Mga Sirs,

I'm planning to go there this November with my sister and her 2 kids. Would a budget of P50K be sufficient?

Thanks!

LFT is right, if 50k is just ur budget for the whole trip, then it might not be enough.

then again, when we went there, our budget was around 85k for the 4 of us, for 5 days of stay, including disneyland and ocean park. nag overshoot lang sa budget kami. but ang initial na target (based on calculations) dapat nasa 60k lang for everything including airfare, accomodations and food.

siguro, konting dagdag lang, pwd na... di ka nga lang makakapagshopping :D

Guest lustfortravel
wetaminit. ulitin ko lang post ko. according to LFT medyo suplado daw kasi dating ko. my apologies shane. pero you know what, LFT is right. there is a way! there are budget hotels in HK. for P50k, you can still go around HK (medyo limited lang nga ang shopping mo)

i suggest you talk to LFT on how to go around HK with a limited budget. if there's a will, there's a car :P

LFT = lustfortravel

:thumbsupsmiley: yan si kuya, likas na matulungin! :P if there's a will, there's a car...este..way, ika nga ( nahawa naman ako sa iyo, kuya!). and if your funds are severely limited, i can find a way to fit your budget so you get to go abroad pa rin :lol: hindi naman obvious sa handle ko na i like to travel ....

LFT is right, if 50k is just ur budget for the whole trip, then it might not be enough.

then again, when we went there, our budget was around 85k for the 4 of us, for 5 days of stay, including disneyland and ocean park. nag overshoot lang sa budget kami. but ang initial na target (based on calculations) dapat nasa 60k lang for everything including airfare, accomodations and food.

siguro, konting dagdag lang, pwd na... di ka nga lang makakapagshopping :D

true, expensive talaga ang disneyland and ocean park. pero never fear, shane - just give me the details and we can always work around your 50k. a bit tight but i might find a good deal for you pa rin ( and pasalamat ka libreng advice ito kasi i normally charge clients for preparing their travel itineraries... :boo: :lol: )

Edited by lustfortravel
Mga Sirs,

Thanks!

If shopping is your purpose in going to HK, even P1M is not enough. Why, because there are so many things to buy and things are not on 'sale' would likely be more expensive given the exorbitant business rent.

Set your priority first. What are you in HK for? Shopping or to enjoy the theme parks?

3 years ago, our group went with 5 kids, our priority then was for the kids to experience Disney & Ocean park to the fullest. We stayed at Disney Hollywood Hotel with breakfast buffet for 3 days 2 nights. The hotel rates back then was about Hk$1,200 ++ We spend more on theme park tickets, food, Disney souvenirs, & Ocean Park souvenirs. We do mostly only window shopping. When we came back, we buy 'pasalubongs' at 168 mall. Up to now, that HK theme park visit is still one of the most memorable vacations the kids ever had.

Edited by johnlove
Guest Dennis®
If shopping is your purpose in going to HK, even P1M is not enough. Why, because there are so many things to buy and things are not on 'sale' would likely be more expensive given the exorbitant business rent.

Set your priority first. What are you in HK for? Shopping or to enjoy the theme parks?

3 years ago, our group went with 5 kids, our priority then was for the kids to experience Disney & Ocean park to the fullest. We stayed at Disney Hollywood Hotel with breakfast buffet for 3 days 2 nights. The hotel rates back then was about Hk$1,200 ++ We spend more on theme park tickets, food, Disney souvenirs, & Ocean Park souvenirs. We do mostly only window shopping. When we came back, we buy 'pasalubongs' at 168 mall. Up to now, that HK theme park visit is still one of the most memorable vacations the kids ever had.

yeah we get the message, but what we're trying to do is help shane manage with a P50k budget for 4

Guest Dennis®

siguro, konting dagdag lang, pwd na... di ka nga lang makakapagshopping biggrin.gif

actually, do-able naman talaga. yun nga lang, you cannot afford to be picky. pero pwede.

come to think of it, parang mas ok nga eh. mangangapa ka sa HK. hmm... parang masarap na experiment yun ha. pagkasyahin mo P15k sa hk for 3 days. i think i can.

Thanks, Dennis, LFT and the other posters...

Not really doing it for shopping, it's my nephew's 7th birthday and he requested a trip to Disneyland and Ocean Park instead of a traditional party.

LFT if your offer stands, here's the proposed itinerary.

Fly to HK using Cebu Pacific (cheapest fares, I think) on a Friday, spend the weekend and fly out to Manila by Sunday.

We're thinking 3D/2N should be sufficient time for them to enjoy the sights.

I was there on a business trip before several years ago but I didn't get to enjoy it as it was all work...

Anyway, the P50k is the working budget of my sister. I think it's all in. She's scared to travel alone with the kids that's why I'm tagging along.

The trip is mainly for the kids so we can probably share a room with them. We're not picky naman with the lodgings as long as the place is clean and safe. Anyway, we'll be spending the day and much of the night sightseeing naman so the hotel is basically just for sleeping and storing our clothes.

Oh and we don't mind if the hotel is not very near HK Disneyland as I know that the hotels there are fairly expensive. We can stay at other hotels as long as we can access the MTR or other accessible transport to HK Disneyland.

Also, the sights, aside from HK Disneyland and Oceanpark, what other sights would you suggest that we can fit in the budget?

Oh and by the way, my younger nephew will be less than 2 years old by the time we travel. I think he gets to travel for free?

Thanks and I really appreciate your replies.

Edited by Shane Garcia
Guest Dennis®

Not really doing it for shopping, it's my nephew's 7th birthday and he requested a trip to Disneyland and Ocean Park instead of a traditional party.

Fly to HK using Cebu Pacific (cheapest fares, I think) on a Friday, spend the weekend and fly out to Manila by Sunday.

I was there on a business trip before several years ago but I didn't get to enjoy it as it was all work...

Anyway, the P50k is the working budget of my sister. I think it's all in. She's scared to travel alone with the kids that's why I'm tagging along.

The trip is mainly for the kids so we can probably share a room with them. We're not picky naman with the lodgings as long as the place is clean and safe. Anyway, we'll be spending the day and much of the night sightseeing naman so the hotel is basically just for sleeping and storing our clothes.

Oh and we don't mind if the hotel is not very near HK Disneyland as I know that the hotels there are fairly expensive. We can stay at other hotels as long as we can access the MTR or other accessible transport to HK Disneyland.

Also, the sights, aside from HK Disneyland and Oceanpark, what other sights would you suggest that we can fit in the budget?

Oh and by the way, my younger nephew will be less than 2 years old by the time we travel. I think he gets to travel for free?

no prob dude. anyway, if that is you itinerary, kayang kaya nga P50k. LFT will check on it in a couple of days. she just left for singapore today. she'll go online maybe in a day or two. also, i'll check on some of hotels there for you this week. i'm leaving for HK tom but i'll be back on the 28th. i'll keep you posted for the new rates. also, here's a tip, get the first flight out when going to HK and the last flight when coming home. enjoy your week guys! i'm outta here. ;)

AddTIPS: 350 hk dollars entrance sa HK Disneyland (as of March 2008) - Go in the morning (9 or 10 AM) para hindi mahaba pila sa mga disney characters to take a photoshoot, wait for the 3 PM disney parade and the 8 PM fireworks - must see ito para sa mga bata. Mga 60 to 100 HK for ur food medyo mahal dito and bringing food and drinks inside is prohibited, may check point before you enter. Sa Ocean Park same thing go in the morning para sulit ang bayad mo at malibot mo lahat (i forget un entrance fee). If kaya niyo lumabas sa evening go also sa Victoria Harbor for the Light show - it starts at 8 PM everyday. I won't suggest muna yung cable car (it had an accident last January 2008 lang)

- Sa Shopping best month to go in HK is September.

Hope this Helps. ENJOY

Guest lustfortravel

hello shane, i just got in from singapore today. give me a day or two and i'll come up with my recommendations for your nephews to be able to enjoy hk at that budget. :)

...here's the proposed itinerary.

We're thinking 3D/2N should be sufficient time for them to enjoy the sights...

...Oh and by the way, my younger nephew will be less than 2 years old by the time we travel. ..

I hope the regulars here won't mind my 2 cents worth of advice but Shane, please bear in mind that 3 days is not a whole lot of time. Each park afterall, both Disney and OP, will eat up one whole day for you to make the most out of your trip.

If you decide to push through, I foresee you going to OP on the Friday that you will arrive and spend the whole day Saturday in Disney. Going to a park on the Sunday that you are scheduled to depart is not advisable since you will not enjoy the park while constantly thinking that you are under time constraints (going back to the hotel to get your things and travelling to the airport will take considerable time). Maybe you can do your shopping or sightsee the city on Sunday instead.

The above itenerary is doable but be advised that if you leave Manila in one of the really early flights, the kids might not be 100% the whole day Friday. I have experienced this many years ago when my kids were much younger (my younger one was also 2 y/o then) and we left taking the first plane out. To get to the airport on time, we had to wake up at around 4 am and the kids ended up sleeping in the hotel till 2pm. So needless to say, my plan to go to OP that day fizzled out.

It was also on this trip that my wife's bag got stolen while we were having breakfast. Police were quick to blame the substantial influx of mainland chinese. Just a word of caution.

Hope you find a way to make the trip. Good luck!

I have to agree with Kanski there. Dont plan a trip to either Disney or OP on the day of your flight back to Manila. Thats what I did when I went there last year. We went to OP in the morning and our flight was in the afternoon so we werent really able to enjoy the rides that much. We just had our pictures taken inside the museum and then we watched the dolphin show. The line to the cable ride was uber long!

Good thing was that we scheduled our Disney trip on a Saturday so we were able to enjoy the park till the fireworks show. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hope you and the kids will have a grand time at Disney.

Im planning to visit HK again next year. Disney anyone? :P

Guest lustfortravel

top of mind here, shane, but i will have to agree with the other posters that your 3d/2n itinerary is too tight, if you plan on doing both disneyland and ocean park. you basically just have one whole day to yourself there. but let me check first on the rates and hotels and the plane schedules and i'll come up with a recommendation for you.

agree din po ako kay sir kanski. the park visit will really take a big amount of your time. especially since weekend ka pupunta.

when we went there, we spent a whole day at disneyland, from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm (never opted to watch the fireworks for fear of the number of patrons whose going to go home at the same time) food is also a bit expensive inside the park, expect a minimum of 35 to 50hkd for ur food there cguro.

sa ocean park naman, we got in at 10:00 am and left at around 5:30 pm. dami rin kasi tao... unless ang pupuntahan nyo lang dun is ung aquariums and dolphin show, pwede kayo makaalis ng maaga.

all in all, a 3 day, 2 nite visit for hk is good enough, IF, you have no plans of visiting both parks (1 park pwede pa cguro, unless u want to rush it na lang, that way go ka sa 2 parks)

If I may make a suggestion, why not extend your stay for 1 more day. I'm sure d pa kayo pressured (especially since me kasama kayong kids) Around 1.5k additional per head ata ang i aadd nyo sa flight change and additional cost for 1 day sa accomodation. Trust me, mas makakaalis ng stress. hehehe

Most probably kasi, u get the early flight to hk, arrive there around 11-12 noon (sa city or hotel na to ha) e malamang, u'll rest pa. so late afternoon ka na makakalabas. Sa pabalik naman, if ur getting the last flight back, u could spend half a day sa park, go back to ur hotel, check out, look around for an hour or 2 tapos get ready to go to the airport (check in time is 3-4 hours early). So as you can see, bitin kayo sa time. Heck, we stayed for 5 days and bitin pa rin kami. hehhe

Anyway, hope this helps you.

Wow! You guys are really too kind... Hmmm, okay. I guess I'll just pitch in sa budget ng sister ko for one 1 more day.... We can leave on a Thursday from Manila and leave HK on Sunday. I guess an extra Php10K should be sufficient? Gift ko na lang sa nephew ko for his birthday yung P10K, hehe...

I really appreciate all the advice and the helpful inputs here.... Keep them coming!

Lustfortravel... I'll eagerly await your suggestions on how we can best enjoy this trip... Cheers!

Sana po makatulong to

30000PHP airticket for 4 (2kids,2 adults) Cebu pacific

12000PHP Accomodation (http://rentaroomhk.com/dailyrate.html)

7100PHP Disney (295/210HKD Adult/child entrance, 36/18HKD Adult/child fare,50HKD per meal)

5500PHP OP (208/103HKD Adult/child entrance, 21.2/10.8HKD Adult/child fare,50HKD per meal)

3000PHP Food (rest of your stay) (30HKD per meal for 3 person MCDO/Cafe de Coral)

800PHP Transportation (from/to Airport) (3 person)

58400PHP Total

Note: rates convertion was based on tadays rate (HK to PESO)

Check mo rin site below baka makatulong sa trip mo dito...

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/usa/index.jsp

Pinoyhongkong.com

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/airportex.html

http://www.oceanpark.com.hk/eng/main/index.html

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en...e?name=HomePage

If you need further assistance PM mo lang ako

Guest lustfortravel

^^^ that's great, kaplogan! shane will really appreciate this info, thanks!

if you are determined to travel ,no matter how tight the budget , there will always be a way. :)

Shane,

The best place to exchange money in HK is in Hang Seng Bank. They offer the highest exchange rates, but charge a transaction fee of HK$50 per exchange (not sure if they increased this already). So better to change all the money you plan to spend in one transaction there. They're usually open up to 4 or 5pm during weekdays. Not sure if they're open weekends. There used to be a stall in Ocean Terminal that was open even on weekends, but it's gone already. Just ask the locals where the nearest Hang Seng Bank is.

In case you really need to exchange cash and Hang Seng is closed, you can look around Tsim Sha Tsui area for forex stalls. Just compare rates. Philippine Peso can be exchanged for HK$ everywhere in HK.

With regards to Ocean Park, the hotels offer tours, but you can just commute to the park and buy tickets at the entrance. You'll get to save a few dollars. Just ask the hotel concierge how to get to Ocean Park by taking the public buses. They'll gladly help.

Hope this helps.

^^^ that's great, kaplogan! shane will really appreciate this info, thanks!

if you are determined to travel ,no matter how tight the budget , there will always be a way. :)

no problem po...

To all MTC Peeps na may plano vacation dito sa HK if you need help PM lang po baka makatulong ako...

Maganda ang mga gimik sa Disneyland HK. There's the high school musical roving around every 2 hours, a parade of disney cartoon and movie characters wherein they fire water (most likely you will get wet), pero the music is really catchy at bongga! Nandun si crush the turtle sa isang place (interactive animation), disney awards, etc. It's nice to be a kid again! No kidding!

True that it is expensive and smaller than Tokyo Disneyland (according to some travelers, pero mas malaki naman ito kesa sa Enchanted. LOL!

For the plane ticket, I suggest you avoid cebu pacific muna, nadale na ako diyan...akala mo mura (booked at their site one month in advance), ayan pala meron nang P1,620 travel tax (old NAIA - sa likod ng information booth at stairway, yeah the blue triangle signage) to pay besides the P750 terminal fee.

As for the inn I lived and paid for in the Kowloon side (di masyado ok ang cr then you get to live with other travelers-cheap kasi eh). Komporme kasi sa binabayad mo na lugar eh. Tira ka na lang sa hotel, at least walang hassle, abangan mo na lang ang mga promos. Just an opinion