Hong Kong Disneyland

Has anyone been to Hongkong Disneyland.. this is great since we don't have to travel to tokyo or the US to see disneyland and experience the rides..

what is in Disneyland by the way?  How much all in all do 1 person need to shell out to go to hongkong disneyland for 2 days/1 night?

Is 15K inclusive of airfare, hotel, pocket money enough?

We've been there last dec 28 last year. We went there in tigerairways via macau.Airfare cost's arnd 221 Sigapore$ per head roundtrip na. We rode the ferry going to HK, arnd 142HK$ for adult & 127HK$ for the child ang ferry fare. From HK port, train n agad going to HK Disneyland Resort. As for the resort entrance 295HK/adult 210/child if not peak 350/adult 275/child peak. I guessed kung 15k is not enough. exchange rate of $US-$HK is $US100-$HK750. kung peso to $HK P.135-$HK 1.00. Sensya na pinagcompute pa kita. Bring at least P40k-P50k n lng para safe ka. gooluck bro!

I was at HK Disneyland December 25, 2005

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/HKDisney0001/cybershot2043bb.jpg

yup, the size of HK Disneyland is only 1/3 of the size of Disneyland in Anaheim, California. I've been to Disneyland ANAHEIM hence the name of my handle. Comparing HK Disneyland to Disneyland Anaheim, there are lots of attraction NOT found in HK Disneyland such as the Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Mark Twain's Steamboat, Monorail, It's a Small World, Star Tours, Indiana Jones Adventure, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

What's inside HK Disneyland is the Fantasy Garden (called Toon Town in Anaheim) where you get to have your photos taken with Disney characters, Space Mountain, Mickey's Phillar 3D Magic (found in Disney World in Orlando, Florida), Festival of the Lion King (also seen in Orlando), Golden Mickeys (seen in Orlando), Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster, Jungle River Cruise, Mad Tea Cup ride, Dumbo the elephant ride. Tarzan treehouse, River Raft ride, Winnie the Pooh ride.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c263/HKDisney0001/cybershot2060a.jpg

IMHO, although HK disneyland is just about 1/3 the size of Disneyland in Anaheim, you can still feel the magic and the wonder of this magical place. parang Enchanted Kingdom? I don't think so...ang lakas ng appeal ng mga Disney characters for children and adults like me. sa Enchanted Kingdom nakatunganga ka lang habang pinapanuod mo yung fireworks, at HK disneyland , the disney music themes are synchronized with the magical fireworks which makes it all the more spectacular. sa fireworks na lang sulit na sulit na ang binayad mo sa HK disneyland.

Well done bro! :thumbsupsmiley:

OT: Does anyone know what and how much are the taxes you pay besides the plane fare when you fly to HK? I am talking about the HK tax, war tax, and other taxes/insurance you normally pay along with your plane ticket. My kid is busting my balls to visit HK Disney this summer.

Guest temperamental
Wow!  That's great.  Please extend my regards to Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Mulan and of course, the crazy red dragon - Mushu!

i surely will! :lol:

OT: Does anyone know what and how much are the taxes you pay besides the plane fare when you fly to HK? I am talking about the HK tax, war tax, and other taxes/insurance you normally pay along with your plane ticket. My kid is busting my balls to visit HK Disney this summer.

i paid 50 USD for taxes sa travel agent namin - HK tax, fuel tax, and Philippine travel tax.

I've read an article written by Max Soliven that the Philippines loss its bid for bringing Disneyland here in the Philippines. Of course, Hongkong won the bidding because of its complete infrastructure and cool climate, also beating out Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. hanapin ko nga yung article na yun sa net.

lagi naman talo ang pinas when it comes to bidding. remember the Ford company, they were choosing between Thailand and the philippines for its car manufacturing plant. Thailand won the bidding. again, mas maganda daw ang infrastucture ng mga kolokoy. :sick:

masyado na ako nasusuka sa sistema ng pinas, bakit ba dito ako pinanganak.... :sick:

ditto...

oftentimes, i feel the same way too. Mga bwaka***na politicos kc, kahit ano pang gawin ng ordinaryong pinoy, sinisira nila.

better line all of them and their kin and collective ilk against the wall and pagbabarilin na lahat sila pra mawala na ang mga peste dito sa Pinas <_<

I read this article about the newly opened Hong Kong Disneyland. The report was in a Japanese newpaper. Hmmm....maybe a rivalry has developed, but than again maybe what they observed in the news article is true..

Ill-mannered mainlanders taking the Mickey out of Hong Kong Disneyland

Though Japan's already prickly relations with China didn't need to be enflamed any further, Shukan Post (12/16) -- one of the country's top-selling weeklies -- has come out with a goofy rant about the foul manners Chinese are displaying at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Running under the headline "Outcry at Hong Kong Disneyland over Chinese pissing and spitting everywhere," Post takes the Mickey out of mainlanders, who have made up 26 percent of the theme park's 1 million-plus visitors since it opened in September."Actually visiting Hong Kong Disneyland provides you with examples in all sorts of places of some pretty eye-popping behavior," the magazine writes.

Unlike Disney theme parks across the world, including Tokyo Disneyland, lines appear to mean little in the latest Magical Kingdom, where queue jumping is a given, the rag says.

Trash in the form of cigarette butts and discarded soda bottles is strewn throughout the park's sidewalks in such quantities that sanitation staff under strict orders to clean messes as soon as they appear can't keep up.

Hong Kong locals are just as flustered with their mainland brethren.

"Hong Kong was under British control for a long time, so the Chinese living in Hong Kong have at least a basic understanding of acceptable manners," a resident of the Fragrant Harbor city tells Shukan Post. "But Chinese from the mainland don't even know the existence of the word 'manners.' They have no custom of lining up. It's a waste of breath to tell them off."

Mickey's Philharmajic, a 3-D theater touted as one of the major attractions of Hong Kong Disneyland, has turned out to be a main source of souvenirs for mainlanders visiting the park, the weekly says, saying that they pocket the special glasses used to watch the movie instead of returning them at the end of the film as park operators ask all guests to do.

"These glasses are great souvenirs," a Chinese mainlander tells the weekly. "We're paying big money to get into this park, so I don't see why we should have to give them back."

Rest at the park is also an impossibility, apparently, with park benches frequently occupied by middle-aged men lying down to take a nap, "Chinese-style," according to the magazine.

Shukan Post quotes a Guangzhou daily telling stories of a Chinese mother who let her young son piddle in the pond below Sleeping Beauty's Castle, then sat by idly while he ran around the park without any pants on. When challenged, the mother apparently said she was hamstrung because her little boy couldn't hold on any longer.

Hong Kong Disneyland operators acknowledge there has been a bit of cultural friction."It's a fact that we have received complaints about bad-mannered guests since we opened in September," a park spokesman tells Shukan Post. "However, we have people from a variety of cultural backgrounds coming to the park, so it's understandable that there are all different types of behavior. We train out staff in dealing with this situation."

Birei Kin, a social commentator who claims to be well versed in Chinese culture, says China needs to change.

"China, especially the mainland, has a tendency to regard all actions in terms of whether they will bring a profit or loss. People live with the belief that obeying rules causes them to lose," the commentator tells Shukan Post. "Go to a toilet if you really want to see an example of ill manners. They don't flush and you've got urine and feces overflowing everywhere, but nobody is at all ashamed by it. Beijing is hosting the 2008 Olympics and I find it hard to see morals improving by then." (By Ryann Connell)

December 6, 2005

Mainichi Daily: Ill-Mannered Mainlanders......Hong Kong Disneyland

:cry:

^^this cannot be helped^^

Not only in HK Disney will you observe this but in the whole of HK itself what with a lot of mainlanders crossing the borders.

And the same deterioration can be said of the peace and order situation. The last time we were there (2003) my wife's bag was stolen inside a McDonald's restaurant while we were having breakfast. When we told the police that the perpetrators were chinese, they were quick to blame mainlanders.

• 2 months later...

been planning to go to hk disney but turned off by the idea of long lines for every ride or attraction.

is this still a fact at this time? because its so frustrating to spend more time lining up during your one day stay?

anybody been there lately to confirm this?

• 4 weeks later...

I went there last month.

Day 1

Stayed at the Disney Hollywood Hotel. Buffet is great at the in house resturant located beside the souvenier shop. The room and 2 beds are big and comfortable enough for 4 average sized adults. The cold weather (16degrees c) keeps us away from the swiming pool. We got into the park in the morning, by noon the park is packed and you can't enjoy rides without going thru long lines. The crowds thins by late afternoon. Oh the food inside the park are good although it is quite expensive. Maxim resturant is good.

Day 2

We learned our lessons. Got into the park early in the morning. Go out by noon when the park is packed. Come back in the late afternoon when the crowd thins, to enjoy rides - minus the long waiting lines and enjoy the fireworks at night.

Day 3

It's time to check out and move to Hongkong Island. Did some shopping & visited Victoria Peak.

Day 4

Spend the whole day at Ocean park. But didn't have enough time to cover the whole park due to the crowds, and because it is so huge. Next time, we will allocate 2 days for Ocean park.

Day 5

It's time to pack up and leave for Manila.

If your kids are about 9 yrs old and below, they will surely enjoy HK Disneyland. If your kids are 10 yrs old and above, better stay 2 more days to explore Ocean park.

There are a lot of OCWs in Hongkong, and they are very eager to assist Filipino tourist who have difficulty exploring the place. Just ask for assistance.

Hope this helps.

Just came back from Disneyland

We stayed at the Hollywood Disney Hotel, its an art deco inspired hotel. It can be compared to the

Westin Philippine Plaza, even the rooms. Ok din mag swimming sa gabi, kasama mo pa si Goofy :D . Di naman masyado nagkaron ng language barrier, employees there seemed to be trained to speak English. What I like sa hotel is yun kanilang vintage cars. Medyo may kamahalan nga lang sa luob. Their beer cost 55 hkd, kaya kung gusto nyo tumoma sa loob ng hotel, mag baon na kayo, bumili na kyo sa 7-11, pati na rin pagkain (with the assumption na asa tight budget kyo)

24 hours ang shuttle service paikot sa buong disney resort, at ang ganda ng bus nila. Malayo ang lalakarin mo papasok ng disneyland, but you are like in a different world. In the walkway, you will see a fountain with mickey surfing on top of the blow hole of a sperm whale. Inside disneyland, you can ride the train to see the whole park, and i've observed parang kasing laki nya ang enchanted kingdom natin.

Kid inspired ang mga rides, ala masyado death defying. ang medyo thrilling lang ay yun space mountain, pero di kasing thrilling tulad ng rides sa ocean park. Highly recommended lang sa loob, na dapat mapasukan, yun jungle boat (can't remeber exact name) lion king theater (puro pinoy ang cast, dancers, performers, main characters lang imported) Golden Mikey's, ang ganda ng theatrical presentation, kikilabutan ka, para kang asa broadway. Micky's Philharmagic, 3D na sinehan, bibigyan ka ng 3D glasses, sa show, para talagang asa harap mo lang yun mga characters, pati yun mga binabato, real life. and of course, the parade, disney characters na asa float.

at night, before you leave. watch the fireworks. Maganda yun lighting effects dun sa sleeping beauty castle, personally, i've seen a lot of fireworks display, dun ako hindi masyado nagandahan. Mas magaling pa pinoy dun when i've seen the prolypics at manila bay last december.

pictorial with the mascots, pipila ka for about 10 mins. per character, nakakalat din dun sila snow white, cinderella, buzz light year. Pero di ko nakita dun si Princess Jasmine :)

Kahit san kanto ka pumunta dun, lagi may souvenir shops, shirts can cost 120hkd to 250hkd. and other stuffs and souvenirs, maganda naman din ang quality.

Its worth it, i've never been to other disneyland, but its really worth it. Can really be called the happiest place on earth

Before, if I can remember it right, there was a plan that there will be a disneyland here in the Philippines, Marcos time pa yun. The plan to put it in Baguio, well siguro dahil sa cold weather. But he was ousted, at buti hindi rin natuloy, remeber in 1991 lumindol gumuho mga building sa baguio

Before, if I can remember it right, there was a plan that there will be a disneyland here in the Philippines, Marcos time pa yun. The plan to put it in Baguio, well siguro dahil sa cold weather. But he was ousted, at buti hindi rin natuloy, remeber in 1991 lumindol gumuho mga building sa baguio

I think its the market that they were worried about. The admisssion is pricey and they didn't think that it couldn't be sustained with the local market. They were also looking at Tagaytay, but again the same problem came up.

been there last december 2005 oki pumunta pag december kasi may big xmas tree :D and fake snow hahhaha i wonder kung december lang andun yun heheheh... spend it from 12nn til 8.30pm

iv never been to other disneyland but feeling ko and was iv heard it too maliit lang nga h.k disneyland prang ang daming kulang. badtrip na expose pa camera film namin panu sira pala cam ko. grrr....

7 shots lang natira sakin from digicam.