Hong Kong Disneyland

Try to inquire from travel agencies.  Please bear in mind that the rooms offered by Disney Hollywood hotel is much better than most hotels in Kowloon & Hongkong island - including those who are more expensive than Disney Hollywood hotel.

How much is the rate for the Disney Hollywood Hotel? And how spacious are the rooms? I know most hotels in Hongkong provide a very small living space since they expect guests to be out most of the time anyway. Im planning to visit there when the weather turns freezing cold. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi Sir Kerrmit,

Please check the rates at http://www.hongkongdisneyland.com

The rate vary from lean days to peak days.

The rooms that comes with travel packages are often small, about less than 1/2 the size of the room of the Hollywood hotel. 

How small are the average Hongkong hotel rooms? You can touch the wall if you are seated in their bed.

Thanks for the info dude! This really fits my style as I dont usually book on packages. I like it free and easy so i can control when and where i want to go. Thanks again! :mtc:

• 2 weeks later...
This Disneyland was a big let down. It was nowhere near as good as the others and many of the attractions are still not online. Right now I would tell my friends to wait for at least one year before you go in order to get your moneys worth.

B)

Not really. . . for seniors citizens, 7 year old children, and people who can't walk for long distances, it's perfect.

The place is also OK for Disneyland newbies and Chinamen who don't know what the outside world looks like.

Don't expect a lot of changes or improvements in 1 or 2 years. Maybe after 2 years.

Nice pics tricks, were you able to check out the 3d theater?

The intended client for HK Disneyland are Asians and still it was a newbie baby establishment, soon it will catch up in terms of grandiose and gimmickries as it's ROIs for investors materializes. Soon I hope, so flock around **beep** . hehehehe. it will fund future developments for sure.

Nothing beats the Original Disneyland. in Orlando even a week is not enough for all the offered attractions but for almost less than a fourth of what it would cost you to go to the 'real' thing, HK Disneyland is a good alternative and still money's worth. Believe me if you're in Florida, Disneyland will be the last thing on your mind. :) In HK, Disneyland is the new 'in' thing.

Worst disney I have been too. Also, the only Disney I know where mickey mouse would not entertain a kid because he just left his picture spot. sheesh, I even saw donald duck swooshing a chinesse kid away. Mw gawd!!! I hope someone takes a video and puts it on the internet. They need to improve their people skills! I know they are having problems with the mainland chinesse but that should not be an excuse. I hope they have changed otherwise its a big black eye for mickey mouse.

• 2 months later...
Worst disney I have been too. Also, the only Disney I know where mickey mouse would not entertain a kid because he just left his picture spot. sheesh, I even saw donald duck swooshing a chinesse kid away. Mw gawd!!! I hope someone takes a video and puts it on the internet. They need to improve their people skills! I know they are having problems with the mainland chinesse but that should not be an excuse. I hope they have changed otherwise its a big black eye for mickey mouse.

Funny, I did not see that at all. We thought that Mickey, Donald et al were very courteous and goes out of their way to wave and touch kids even if they're walking to their break. We had made the assumption that its Filipinos under the suit bec i hear they prefer Filipinos as mascots because of their natural friendliness. Maybe it wasnt a Filipino under those suits when you saw them :D We managed to get our pictures taken with virtually all the characters in the Picture Spots. Met a lot of Filipinos as their assistants/picture takers. Theyre very accomodating and would shoot your camera for you, aside from their own Kodak Shots.. (this means if you have ur own camera, you dont have to buy the expensive "official" Kodak Photo). As an aside, the best pic I had is with Alice (in Wonderland). Syyeeeetttt.... Ang ganda!!!! ... I'm imagining her life outside Disneyland, sarap sigurong ma-meet yan at i-date!!! hehe :boo: :evil:

As for the attractions itself.. maliit nga sya compared to other Disney Parks. We managed to go to everything, even went back to the same rides (Tip: Use the 'advanced ticket'.. forgot what they actually call it, but you can have priority entrance by booking a ride/attraction in ADVANCE. You'll know what i mean when you read the entrance tickets). Comparing this to LA and Tokyo Disneyland, one day is not enough to go through everything.

The 3D Theater is awesome!!! Buti na lang we have our own IMAX now here, so people who cant go to Disneyland yet can know what a 3D Theater feels like. Pero iba pa rin 3D theater sa Disney... you can also FEEL and SMELL the movie!!! astig!!!!

My biggest dissapointment was Tomorrowland. Konti lang sobra attractions. Worst, wala sila yung mga simulation rides.. yung theater na gagalaw seats mo in sync with the movie. Even ENCHANTED KINGDOM have those, as well as Ocean Park. tsk tsk.

Wala rin silang Outdoor roller coaster ride.. indoor land, yung Space Mountain.

Anyway, ok pa rin ito kesa wala di ba? For those na masyadong malayo and expensive ang US, Europe and Japan... pwede na ito... :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

loved the shows .. and the parade ... but for some reason .. i like disney in japan better .. . enjoyed disney japan more .. compared to the one in florida and l.a. ... i think off topic na ...

the chocolates packed in round tin can i really love ... they are shaped like mickey mouse ... can eat siguro an entire can ... :)

HongKong Disneyland is based on the actual plan that Walt Disney made for his very 1st theme park in Orange County. Yes, there are a lot of rides still missing but they will be done in stages. If I'm not mistaken, phase 2 will include the famous Pirates of the Carribean ride.

• 4 weeks later...
HK disney is nice. try having a snack sa burger joint near tomorrowland. forgot the name of the place eh pero sarap ng double cheeseburger nila.

Starliner Diner! Sarap nga ng double cheeseburger! Their fried chicken kinda tastes strange, though. :blink:

I enjoyed Buzz' Astroblasters! I liked it better than space mountain. Racked up 97,300 points! Sayang konti na lang 100,000 na at Level 4 rank!

We had a great end-of-school vacation there last week. We were able to go on all the attractions in 2 days. I guess if well planned and you don't have small kids with your group, one can complete all the attractions - all rides and all shows - in one day.