Hong Kong Disneyland

additional tips :

- upon arriving @ HK airport, buy an octopus card ( refundable ang di nagamit na amount after 3 mos , but a charge of Hk$ 7 if less than 3 mos. may balance na HK$ 50 lagi ex. may hk$ 80 amt ang cad pero hk$ 30 lang ang pwede mong gamitin ) . easy to use pwede sa mtr, bus, convinient stores.

may child octopus card masmura. one card per person , di pwede share. easy to use.

-ave beverage prices for juice n softdrinks HK$15.00. cold milk tea ang masarap dyan. plus orange n apple juice ang ok dyan. horlick drinks masarap. wla dito yan.

- going to HK ocean park take mtr to admiralty. pag labas mo take city bus staright to the park. u can buy the tickets there na rin kasama ng bus ride.

- pag hk disneyland take mtr to sunnybay station then may exclusive mtr ng disney ( nice design ) papunta sa park mismo. low season ngyn sila. so wlan masyadong pila. one day lang ang time u need.

- notorious ang weather ng HK this time. high ang humidity. maulan madalas sa umaga.

- egg tart is cheap and delicious.-

- roasted pork, duck etc. masarap

- masmahal ang duty free ng pinas compare sa HK. ( linoloko lang ang pinoy )

- bilihin sa mongkok masmura comapre to causewaybay.

Guest lustfortravel

I sent you a pm with the estimates, Shane! Thanks to Kaplogan also for his inputs. :)

If you can, bring a foldable umbrella so you won't be forced to buy one in Disneyland- everything they sell in the stores have really outrageous prices. The weather is a bit unpredictable in HK; it always pays to be prepared .

The hotel rates at Disney Hollywood hotel may cost almost like the 4 star hotels outside Disney but consider the following advantages:

There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the theme park that leaves very few minutes & it is free!

The food at the in house Chinese restaurant where you have your breakfast buffet is great

The rooms are big & can fit 4 adults comfortably. (The average room size in other HK hotels are so small that you can touch the walls when sit at the edge of the bed.)

Edited by johnlove

Question lang, is it true kung mag stay ka sa disney hotel, you get an extra day free?

To sniglet, it's hard to say what the updates are on disneyland since you were there last year. Maybe you need to check their internet site.

Btw, try to avoid going to disneyland on weekdays, kung pwede. I was there last Saturday and every show I went to, I would have to be on the waiting line with 50 to over a hundred of people for 30 minutes. Pero worth it naman ang mga shows dun. If you intend to video tape performances inside their theaters, pls turn your camera lights off (night mode na lang), it's being discouraged, baka ma distract ang mga performers, bigay todo talaga performances nila.

Question lang, is it true kung mag stay ka sa disney hotel, you get an extra day free?

To sniglet, it's hard to say what the updates are on disneyland since you were there last year. Maybe you need to check their internet site.

Btw, try to avoid going to disneyland on weekdays, kung pwede. I was there last Saturday and every show I went to, I would have to be on the waiting line with 50 to over a hundred of people for 30 minutes. Pero worth it naman ang mga shows dun. If you intend to video tape performances inside their theaters, pls turn your camera lights off (night mode na lang), it's being discouraged, baka ma distract ang mga performers, bigay todo talaga performances nila.

if their promo is still in effect, then yes, you get an extra day free, for the park lang, not for the hotel (last i heard.) the promo was you book an overnite stay at their hotels, and you get an extra free day sa park nila, this i think, also extends to all of your companions as well because their rooms can accomodate up to 4 persons.

and yes, the performances are all worth it! i especially liked the festival of the lion king. galing! if the lines are long, you can always opt for their reservation services, not sure what they call it fast pass ata un, where in you use your park card to reserve a slot then go back at a pre determined time ng hindi ka na pipila. pasok na kaagad.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3087/2350229942_5c64b658da.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/2349397215_0ddd367e00.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2349398179_8d9158a462.jpg

Guys, your inputs have all been very helpful. I will certainly print it out and check out the links you had provided. :)

id6230, yes, I'm doing research as well on my own. But as you can see, the inputs from the people who have actually been there is invaluable.

Besides, Pinoys have fairly similar tastes in food and entertainment and I'm sure the suggestions here would be enjoyable for us... :D

Based on our itinerary, we'll be going there on a Thursday and leaving on a Sunday...

I really appreciate your inputs guys, you're the best! :)

for your info,

* check out time sa disney hollywood hotel is 11 am pero late check out nila is 12 noon......check in time is 3 pm........iwan mo nalang mga baggage sa concierge while sa disneyland kayo habang di pa handa ang room para di sayang oras.

* if you stay at the disney hollywood hotel you can get extra day pass at disneyland hk. upon check in sasabihin mo na para bigyan syo yun 2 day pass.

* " the golden mickeys " & " festival of the lion king " must see stage shows. freestyle's lady lead singer ( festival of the lion king ) work there for 2 yrs .

* buy t shirts from the " pooh corner " beside the winnie the pooh ride, yung store near sa toilet ng ADVENTURELAND and the one sa likod ng SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTLE - may less 50 % sila inooffer ( promo ) sa mga t shirts ( ex. hk$ 130 maging $ 65 ) . yun iba store wlan discount lalo na sa MAINSTREET USA. same design no discount. :thumbsupsmiley: mag store sa unahan wlan discount. sa likod mayroon.

*hongkong disneyland railroad attraction is closed last wk of may. baka sa june resume na.

* i suggest that upon arrival at the airport sa umaga go straight to disneyland na ( kc malapit lang sila - tipid sa pamasahe ) at magaan pa ang bagahe since wla pa kayong na shop sa HK side or last day para pag check out diretso na sa airport. kc pag in between days , u will spend more sa transpo. :upside:

Edited by mazinger

kung may fast pass din dito (as another poster mentioned) use it. it's practical and very helpful.

i suggest that upon arrival at the airport sa umaga go straight to disneyland na...

he,he.. go around disney with your luggages and people will say "atat na atat" kayo (in chinese of course :lol: ).

buy everything on line para di na kayo pipila pag dating dun. shorter line if you only have to claim your on line pass

ang ayaw ko sa hong kong, many chinese, dunno if from HK or from mainland china do not have common courtesy. in short bastos. sisingit sa pila, makikipag tulakan etc.

actually dati ganun dito sa pinas but for some reason nag improve na rin tayo kahit papaano. sila ganun pa rin.

mga mainlander from china mahilig sumingit sa pila..pasimple pa sila.........thats the bad part. :blush:

many people does this from airport direct to disney agad coz its nearer and can save you some transpo fee. :hypocritesmiley: u can always leave your baggage ( magaan pa ) sa concierge sa hotel. :flowers:

not to contradict mazinger, but in my opinion, going to disneyland straight from the airport may not be a good idea. if your in an early flight, say 8:00 in the morning, you'll be getting out of the airport around 10:30 to 11:00, so most probably lunchtime na. you have kids with you, so tiyak, they'll be a bit tired and hungry, imagine, your at the airport around 5-6 in the morning pa, tapos ang flight is 8:00. pagod yung for everyone.

unless nga lang na you are planning on staying sa disney hotel, i suggest you postpone your plan to go directly to disneyland in order to avoid the stress. besides, sayang yung nawalang 2 hours nyo getting out of the airport (10:00 kasi ata nagbubukas ung disneyland) na sana e nakapamasyal na kayo. :D

just my opinion lang po.

whew.. kakabalik ko lang kagabi from HK..

masaya rin sa disneyland.. feeling bata ulit ako dun. Kaya nga lang naka package tour kami ng grupo namin, weekdays kami nakapunta. and may nagsabi dito na as much as possible wag magpunta ng weekdays. mukhang mas maganda pag weeends.. especially the fireworks.. the show was good but not that great. sa tingin ko mas maganda ang fireworks display pag weekends.

favorite ko dun ung IMAX (forgot the name).. basta.. hehehe. gumagana ung 5 senses. nakakagutom ung part na "be our guest" nung nag-serve ng pancake.. naamoy ko ung pancake :lol:

ung 2nd favorite ko ung space mountain sa tommorowland.. kaya pala naghahanap kami ng roller coaster wala daw.. aun nasa loob pla.. di ko nga lang alam kun pano kunin ung mag pictures dun sa space mountain after the ride..

ung parade.. ewan ko.. nasa wet zone kasi ako nun eh.. puno na sa dry zone.. mejo badtrip kasi hindi ko nakunan ung iba.. mababasa ung camera pero nakaktuwa rin..

ok naman ang experience.. 1st time ko kasi.. and i'm looking forward to Tokyo Disneyland.. weee!

whew.. kakabalik ko lang kagabi from HK..

masaya rin sa disneyland.. feeling bata ulit ako dun. Kaya nga lang naka package tour kami ng grupo namin, weekdays kami nakapunta. and may nagsabi dito na as much as possible wag magpunta ng weekdays. mukhang mas maganda pag weeends.. especially the fireworks.. the show was good but not that great. sa tingin ko mas maganda ang fireworks display pag weekends.

favorite ko dun ung IMAX (forgot the name).. basta.. hehehe. gumagana ung 5 senses. nakakagutom ung part na "be our guest" nung nag-serve ng pancake.. naamoy ko ung pancake :lol:

ung 2nd favorite ko ung space mountain sa tommorowland.. kaya pala naghahanap kami ng roller coaster wala daw.. aun nasa loob pla.. di ko nga lang alam kun pano kunin ung mag pictures dun sa space mountain after the ride..

ung parade.. ewan ko.. nasa wet zone kasi ako nun eh.. puno na sa dry zone.. mejo badtrip kasi hindi ko nakunan ung iba.. mababasa ung camera pero nakaktuwa rin..

ok naman ang experience.. 1st time ko kasi.. and i'm looking forward to Tokyo Disneyland.. weee!

Pareho lang fireworks pag weekday o weekend. Maskakaunti lang ang tao pag weekday kumpara sa weekend. Pati yung parade pareho lang.

• 1 month later...

couple of questions:

1. which one is a better alternative for a weekend getaway to HK disneyland:

-going straight to HK disneyland as backpackers?

-getting a package tour for to HK with HK disneyland theme park? like the the ones offered by travel agents and PAL/CebuPac

2. how much to bring for pocket money? do not consider credit cards for i will use credit cards for souvenirs...

Thanks for your inputs...

vendorboyz is correct. unless you stay at disney hollywood hotel. if not talo ka sa oras. i based it on my experienced since i stayed there. :goatee:

Hong Kong Disneyland is so small I finished it in less than a day. The size is one third of California Disneyland. Although I enjoyed the many shows with Pinoy performers, the parade at 5pm and the fireworks finales, all mini versions but good.

couple of questions:

-getting a package tour for to HK with HK disneyland theme park? like the the ones offered by travel agents and PAL/CebuPac

2. how much to bring for pocket money? do not consider credit cards for i will use credit cards for souvenirs...

1. i would say as backpackers siguro, the packages offered by tours normally doesn't last the whole day e, sayang naman if you miss out on the fireworks display... im not sure ha... since when i went there, we didnt get any tour packages kasi e..

2. assuming by pocket money you meant, minus the usual expenses like rent, food and travel, i would guess kahit 10k extra pocket money is sufficient enough... since live you've said na you'll be using credit cards for the souvenirs.

couple of questions:

I prefer going straight to HK disneyland, at least whole day pa trip niyo. I went there by train, sa train palang ibang experience na..kasi when you get a package, half day lang kayo don. usually sa afternoon lang kaya hindi na full energy mo. when i went there, I spent the whole day para sa pics sa mga cartoon characters. then sa afternoon, rides naman.i so love being a kid again...

money?!to be safe kahit 400USD, ok na yun. sobra2 na yun...7.1HKD to 1USD ang palitan sa airport pero sa labas umaabot ng 7.7 to 7.9, tawaran lang..go to Mong Kok for higher exchange rates. I suggest you bring some cash for souvenir shops, since masarap mamili sa mga tiangge nila..

hahaha

questions mga fafi..

san maganda na hotel na pede na magstay? good for 2 for 5 days.. na mejo accesible sa lahat mga pupuntahan like mga night market, victoria peak, disneyland, etc.. budget ko is around 15K?? ok lng to spend more basta sulit nman.. and san or pano magbook ng hotel..

meron ako nakita mga cheap na hotel kaso ang liliit namn ng room.. ung mejo maganda sana para maenjoy pag matulog hhehe