Hong Kong Disneyland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sir advice ko lang, don't go for travel agencies when going to disneyland, mas mahal pa ang babayaran nyo kesa kayo pumunta dun at bumili ng ticket and as far as i know pag travel agencies kasi tour lang kayo so there's a big chance na mag half day lang kayo dun. book your hotel online and just go there during weekdays para walang masyadong tao.

by the way those promo by travel agencies is not worth it. yung flight is yung pinaka late at pabalik naman maaga.

• 1 month later...
Guest Makaikishi

I've been to HK Disneyland and in the US version...

HK Disneyland is a nice place for those who want to experience Disneyland for the first time...it's quite small but it's still a fun place to visit.

Been to 3 Disney Parks ... Disney World Florida, Disney Land LA and Disney HK. Of the thee HK is the smallest with Florida the biggest (probably 3x the size of LA and 1/10 of HK). IMHO, HK is not the best alternative to Disney World or even Disney Land but would be a cheaper alternative if you live in this part of the world.

Comparing it to Disney Land ... Disney HK in terms of its rides and shows will be around 6-7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For me, it's the worst Disneyland. This is the the only Disneyland where you can't approach the disney characters without queing. Also, saw Mickey mouse's body guards brush away kids because the picture taking time was up. Very very rude place. Disney japan is a lot better.

People really queue up to approach characters and get autographs in every Disneyland I have been to (Tokyo, HK, Orlando, and LA). Perhaps depende din sa dami ng tao in the theme park at that time. Maybe bad timing ka lang.

Stayed in Disney Hollywood hotel. the best man... would love to comback here..

Great place for camera whores.

good place for honeymoon. sayang it was December kaya malamig. I wanted to try their pool sana.

Sir,

The Disney Hollywood Hotel pool is HEATED! It's maintained at a nice comfortable temp (around 26-28C). Very safe for kids too as there are two to three lifeguards at any time.

The whirlpool beside it is maintained at around 36-40C.

• 2 months later...

Puede na, although smaller than all other disney, but it is complete. Price is also reasonable. Most of all, there are many Pinoy entertainers. Actually, phase 2 and phase 3 was supposed to be finished, but as to date has not even started. While going to Disneyland Hong Kong, suggest na tuloy na rin kayo sa Ocean Park.

• 4 weeks later...

went there last April. kinda enjoyed it. i haven't been to the other disneys so i can't compare.

the golden mickeys show (sort of like a musical / oscar awards motiff) was good, as well

as another 3-D show at the theater near the castle. of course the fireworks at 7.30 was

eagerly awaited, and it did not disappoint.

also went to ocean park, but it was drizzling. however we got to see pandas there so it was a plus.

the only thing that pissed me off was when we were in the aquarium area, and these mainland

chinese tourists were rudely asking us to step aside so that they can take their corny pictures

of themselves beside the fishes. after one too many of these i just told one shrill voiced girl

F*** YOU then stepped aside. <_<

went there last week... my kids had a great time. very convenient mtr access. the hollywood hotel was superb. loved the buffet breakfast at club mickey. favorite restaurant in the park is starliner diner. stitch encounter, lion king, golden mickeys and space mountain was fun.

Sir,

The Disney Hollywood Hotel pool is HEATED! It's maintained at a nice comfortable temp (around 26-28C). Very safe for kids too as there are two to three lifeguards at any time.

The whirlpool beside it is maintained at around 36-40C.

Sayang, they should have mentioned it on their web site. When we went there, we didn't swim because the outside temperature is about 22C. Well . . . maybe next time.

Guest Dennis®
Mga Sirs,

I'm planning to go there this November with my sister and her 2 kids. Would a budget of P50K be sufficient?

Appreciate your comments...

Thanks!

nope. shopping alone will cost you more than that.

Guest lustfortravel
Mga Sirs,

I'm planning to go there this November with my sister and her 2 kids. Would a budget of P50K be sufficient?

Appreciate your comments...

Thanks!

nope. shopping alone will cost you more than that.

taray mo naman, kuya. :P

dennis is right, shane, if the 50k will be the budget for all of you. hongkong is a bit expensive, more so disneyland.

however, if you can give me an idea of your tentative itinerary ( how many days are you staying, does the budget include airfare and lodgings for you alone or for all of you, do you plan to go to disneyland, etc), i can probably give you an estimate of how much you would need to prepare. :)