Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

For hotel seeker in Singapore, I suggest YMCA.

They are the cheapest along orchard road, near MRT station which will bring you to universal studios and sentosa in just 1 ride of MRT.

They even have a pool, buffet breakfast, nice, clean, quiet rooms.

Last MAY, I got it for only SGD110 for 3days and 2nites with buffet breakfast and it's already for two.

Check their website www.ymcaih.com

hope this will help.

checked the rates, u must be mistaken, its rates are sg 180.00 for a night. or promo ba yan nakuhakuha mo?

checked the rates, u must be mistaken, its rates are sg 180.00 for a night. or promo ba yan nakuhakuha mo?

the dates ng check-in na gusto nyo is i think (if not mistaken) are called "SUPER PEAK" :mellow:

which means they have higher rates even in other hotels. :wacko:

i make a reservation this sept 8 - 12, 2010 and it cost SGD158 nett per night. :blush:

hope this would help. :rolleyes:

by the way, here's their website www.ymcaih.com.sg :huh:

thanks. :)

i checked their website... :mellow:

wag ka papayag na SGD180 bigay nila sa yo, it's SGD135 per night only -_-

but it will be SGD158 because of tax, etc... ;)

just tell them na SGD135 lang ang nakalagay sa website nila. :)

miss, yvette, go to jumbo seafood at clack quay for the best chili crap, go to the website ieatishootipost for singapore food blogs

tanglewood, people in singapore arent rude nor cold, its just that most of them take their work seriously, in all honesty, filipinos that go abroad have the worst attitude ever, sobrang feeling, just start at the airport and you can see all those people na feeling rich, lalo na pag abroad ang yayabang, nakakaasar

I agree vanexel. They work like robots. They claim they are efficient. For tourists they will find the locals rude, because it’s not their nature to be accommodating. They don’t smile. They all move so fast. Its like in the escalator there is this side for fast moving people. (parang fast moving consumer goods lang) Haha. On the right its for the people who rush that while the escalator is moving they also take steps, they defeat the purpose of the moving escalator. :lol: If you try to stand at the right side of the escalator, locals will tap you on your shoulders a sign that you have to move because you are blocking the way. They easily get annoyed if you can’t comprehend their singlish language. In Kopitiam, I want a soda- I said one coke please, but instead I hear auntie said “You mean one cock ah?” (OMG, they’re selling cocks here…)

One more thing, I ordered lemon barley. It can be served either hot or cold e. I said one lemon barley-cold. The auntie brought me a coke. Because she thought I said coke, kasi yung cold pala dapat “cool”. Gawd, so the lemon barley is either served as hot or cool. Walau. I got used to it within a month.

Ang ayoko sa ibang Pinoy dito, mga inggitera. At ung mga nangungutang tapos di nagbabayad. Pero so far, mababait naman ang mga Pinoy tourist na na-encounter ko before sa Singapore.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Singapore!

na try nyo na ba yung CLINIC sa CQ? alak sa dextrose or syringe, then nakaupo ka sa wheel chair?

SGD 10 lang ang chili crabs if you use citibank...ibang iba s singapore. if you use your CC may discount ka. sa mga eal all you can dine 1 + 1 free. but if you pay in cash wala k dicount. samantalang sa atin d2 pinas, credit card gamitin mo may addtl charge pa minsan.

post-29568-075590900 1281436722.jpg

I agree vanexel. They work like robots. They claim they are efficient. For tourists they will find the locals rude, because it’s not their nature to be accommodating. They don’t smile. They all move so fast. Its like in the escalator there is this side for fast moving people. (parang fast moving consumer goods lang) Haha. On the right its for the people who rush that while the escalator is moving they also take steps, they defeat the purpose of the moving escalator. :lol: If you try to stand at the right side of the escalator, locals will tap you on your shoulders a sign that you have to move because you are blocking the way. They easily get annoyed if you can’t comprehend their singlish language. In Kopitiam, I want a soda- I said one coke please, but instead I hear auntie said “You mean one cock ah?” (OMG, they’re selling cocks here…)

One more thing, I ordered lemon barley. It can be served either hot or cold e. I said one lemon barley-cold. The auntie brought me a coke. Because she thought I said coke, kasi yung cold pala dapat “cool”. Gawd, so the lemon barley is either served as hot or cool. Walau. I got used to it within a month.

Ang ayoko sa ibang Pinoy dito, mga inggitera. At ung mga nangungutang tapos di nagbabayad. Pero so far, mababait naman ang mga Pinoy tourist na na-encounter ko before sa Singapore.

hahaha.. another annoying thing about them is when they want to call you they say Hallo! they also use the same word for excuse me din.. nakaka asar pa naman pakinggan kung tatawagin ka nila by using HALO!!!

they have a different word when something is broken. it's spoiled!!! ano ito pagkain para maging spoiled.... hehe

One word that sums up Singaporeans - KIASU !!! Translated. Scared to lose. LOL !!!

na try nyo na ba yung CLINIC sa CQ? alak sa dextrose or syringe, then nakaupo ka sa wheel chair?

SGD 10 lang ang chili crabs if you use citibank...ibang iba s singapore. if you use your CC may discount ka. sa mga eal all you can dine 1 + 1 free. but if you pay in cash wala k dicount. samantalang sa atin d2 pinas, credit card gamitin mo may addtl charge pa minsan.

FYI, Chili Crab was not discovered in Singapore. Try Malaysia.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the final race....

Damn, the cars where so fast it was hard to get a good shot. Tried playing with the shutter speed and apperture of my cam.... still no effect. :(

Makes me want to study photography, sayang kasi. Wasn't able to get that many good shots of the actual race. Sa grid formation lang medyo nakakuha ng good shots. The sound of the cars really were loud, and the smell of gasoline and burnt tires... add to the excitement of the race.

Mariah Carey was a bit of a disappointment though... hahahahahah

watched the QUALIFYING RACE earlier, the cars are so freaking noisy and love the smell of GASOLINE....hahahaha

will try to upload some pics if there are good pics i took from my crappy phone, hahaha

:)

any MTC members here?? kumusta na kayo?? see you sa F1 SHOP, yung may FERRARI T SHIRTS.....

hahaha

post-41136-067766000 1286815447.jpg

post-41136-003316700 1286815469.jpg

nyahahahahaah no bro, don't.....

didn't have time to roam around because i usually go here because of my sister, we might be back by FEB 2011 to check out MARINA BAY SANDS -- haven't been there though..want to see the swimming pool there, sa 54th floor as what my dad told me..

:)

Here's a picture of the pool on top of Marina Bay Sands.

Only hotel guests can swim there though. Pero dapat exclusive yung section for hotel guests lang. No privacy kasi for the guests.

post-41136-008134200 1286816346.jpg

if you only have 1 day to go to either universal or go around sentosa, universal would probably be the better choice.

going around sentosa, you will encounter an ocean park that is not unlike the manila oceanarium, a man-made beach that is far from the gorgeous beaches that we have here, and other attractions that will probably fail in comparison to those present in universal.

however, you could probably squeeze in both attractions- universal and sentosa, in one day owing to the fact that universal sg is reportedly very small, and is located within sentosa.

Universal Studios is very small. Try going there on a weekday though, para walang tao and walang line. If there are no lines in the ride, you can watch/ride/view all of the attractions of Universal Studios in half a day or from 10am until mga 2pm (with repeats na yan of your favorite rides - hehehehe some rides are really awesome like the "Revenge of the Mummy").

That gives you time to go to Sentosa. In Sentosa, you could skip some of the rides and 4D magic of Sentosa. Instead you should try the sentosa luge and of course the "songs of the sea" is a must. Songs of the Sea shows at 7pm (i think) and a second show at around 8pm (i think).

Important thing to do is to get the schedule of shows so that you can manage your time well. If you have the schedules, you can fit in Universal and Sentosa in one day.

Here are some pictures of the final race....

Damn, the cars where so fast it was hard to get a good shot. Tried playing with the shutter speed and apperture of my cam.... still no effect. :(

Makes me want to study photography, sayang kasi. Wasn't able to get that many good shots of the actual race. Sa grid formation lang medyo nakakuha ng good shots. The sound of the cars really were loud, and the smell of gasoline and burnt tires... add to the excitement of the race.

I'm on this spot too. Di kaya nakatabi kita? I also took pictures on a digicam, had shots same as yours.

20 SGD bayad to go up MBS!

anong cover ng 20SGD? gala ka lang sa taas ng MBS?

I'm on this spot too. Di kaya nakatabi kita? I also took pictures on a digicam, had shots same as yours.

anong cover ng 20SGD? gala ka lang sa taas ng MBS?

Hahaha baka nga magkatabi tayo. Am in front of the railing sa race. Where you alone? or were you part of the group of 4 to 5 Filipinos?

20 SGD covers going up their observatory deck, where you can see pretty much all of Singapore CBD. (Same view from Singapore Flyer).

It also covers going around parts of the pool/garden (but you can't swim).

Thats just it. Just for the experience lang pero I wouldn't go back up there again.

Hahaha baka nga magkatabi tayo. Am in front of the railing sa race. Where you alone? or were you part of the group of 4 to 5 Filipinos?

20 SGD covers going up their observatory deck, where you can see pretty much all of Singapore CBD. (Same view from Singapore Flyer).

It also covers going around parts of the pool/garden (but you can't swim).

Thats just it. Just for the experience lang pero I wouldn't go back up there again.

ah ok, I heard from my client that MBS is like Mall of Asia in Pasay. malaki ang madaming tao. during F1, i think i was the only Pinoy without a company on that spot. hahaha. yeah, 2-race day akong mag-isa.