Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

I am a first timer tourist of Singapore next month. Will be there for about days before I head home.

I was reading through some posts of this thread to try to make an itinerary.

Is the Universal Studios worthier to visit than the Sentosa Park (well, for someone who was been to HK disneyland but not to any USS, that is?)? What about the Hop on bus tour, is it worth to try?

I will be staying with a girl friend so no expenses for the hotel (thank God! :D ) I was hoping I could maximize my R & R. :D

any way madam just don't skip ORCHARD ROAD for some QUALITY SHOPPING...

haven't been to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS though I have been to SENTOSA PARK, sulit na sulit naman siya...

:)

For hotel seeker in Singapore, I suggest YMCA.

They are the cheapest along orchard road, near MRT station which will bring you to universal studios and sentosa in just 1 ride of MRT.

They even have a pool, buffet breakfast, nice, clean, quiet rooms.

Last MAY, I got it for only SGD110 for 3days and 2nites with buffet breakfast and it's already for two.

Check their website www.ymcaih.com

hope this will help.

any way madam just don't skip ORCHARD ROAD for some QUALITY SHOPPING...

haven't been to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS though I have been to SENTOSA PARK, sulit na sulit naman siya...

Thanks po. :)

Will try that Orchard Road (have been hearing/reading about it a lot :D ) even if i am not there to shop. Madami na kasi akong dala nyan from here sa Dubai eh. :D

for those visiting universal studios... please book a ticket in advanced because lagi sold out, especially during weekends. pwede mag-book online or have your travel agent get the ticket for you. ok yung policy ng universal studios para nga naman hindi puno yung theme park.

for hotels, rendezvous and ymca ang ok for me. lapit sa orchard road, pwede na maglakad. dun sa rendezvous, may mga 24hour na foodcourt na malapit

strategically located rin ang hotels na toh because malapit sila sa dhobi gaut mrt station (yung dhobi gaut kasi parang araneta-center cubao, nakaconnect lahat dito)

shopping, chinatown (located sa chinatown station) and mustafa (located sa farrerpark station) and orchard road syempre

Thanks po. :)

Will try that Orchard Road (have been hearing/reading about it a lot :D ) even if i am not there to shop. Madami na kasi akong dala nyan from here sa Dubai eh. :D

oh sorry about that but it's still a good place to see different retail shops nevertheless....

also, try going to LUCKY PLAZA on SUNDAYS, para ka na ring nasa PILIPINAS, wahahaahhaha

and they also sell CELLPHONE LOAD -- SMART, GLOBE, SUN there, wahahaahahahha :lol:

for those visiting universal studios... please book a ticket in advanced because lagi sold out, especially during weekends. pwede mag-book online or have your travel agent get the ticket for you. ok yung policy ng universal studios para nga naman hindi puno yung theme park.

I was thinking of doing just that last night after checking on the RWsentosa website. And mukhang mahihirapan kami to do just the walk in kasi it is a long weekend when i get there so malamang puno nga yun.

oh sorry about that but it's still a good place to see different retail shops nevertheless....

also, try going to LUCKY PLAZA on SUNDAYS, para ka na ring nasa PILIPINAS, wahahaahhaha

and they also sell CELLPHONE LOAD -- SMART, GLOBE, SUN there, wahahaahahahha :lol:

It really is a good thing. Only if you have enough cash with you. Di ako magaling mag window shopping lang eh. :lol:

It really is a good thing. Only if you have enough cash with you. Di ako magaling mag window shopping lang eh. :lol:

hahahaaha you have a point there, just enjoy SINGAPORE na lang....very clean place, lots of rude, cold locals,. wahahahaah

btw, when are you going here??? i will be on the 25-27th of september..

if you only have 1 day to go to either universal or go around sentosa, universal would probably be the better choice.

going around sentosa, you will encounter an ocean park that is not unlike the manila oceanarium, a man-made beach that is far from the gorgeous beaches that we have here, and other attractions that will probably fail in comparison to those present in universal.

however, you could probably squeeze in both attractions- universal and sentosa, in one day owing to the fact that universal sg is reportedly very small, and is located within sentosa.

hahahaaha you have a point there, just enjoy SINGAPORE na lang....very clean place, lots of rude, cold locals,. wahahahaah

btw, when are you going here??? i will be on the 25-27th of september..

Tell me about the rude, cold locals. :D

Where I still am at now, the locals are RUDE and HOT on their senses but not on mine. :D :D

But with the reviews I have been reading on Singapore, I think not going shopping and not dining at any of the very good restaurants there would be a loss for me. so yes, i'll try them. :D

I'll be there on the 7th till the 10th of August.

if you only have 1 day to go to either universal or go around sentosa, universal would probably be the better choice.

going around sentosa, you will encounter an ocean park that is not unlike the manila oceanarium, a man-made beach that is far from the gorgeous beaches that we have here, and other attractions that will probably fail in comparison to those present in universal.

however, you could probably squeeze in both attractions- universal and sentosa, in one day owing to the fact that universal sg is reportedly very small, and is located within sentosa.

I was actually hoping to squeeze in both attractions in just one day - on the 8th. But with the long weekend going in singapore on that weekend, my plan is going from bleak to impossible. :(

I can anyway settle for the Sentosa park in case the Univ studios will not push through. :) I just need photos anyway. :D :D

i am sure miss WYETTE that eating CHICKEN RICE is one of the priorities of you going here, ako yun ang #1 ko eh, hahahahaha

pucha, THE CHICKEN RICE here is to die for, also CHILI CRAB is nice, a bit pricey but very nice....

ginugutom na naman ako, wahhahahahaha

:wacko:

One of my friends whom I plan to meet up there already told me about the chili crab. She'll treat me out daw. :D And she has said I'd surely love it. As per the Chicken rice, i still am reading about it. And looks like everyone in Sg, tourist or not, should try that. Uhmm... interesting. :)

Thanks for all the inputs. Now, I already have a list of what to do/eat and where to go (at least) of my most needed trip. :D

One of my friends whom I plan to meet up there already told me about the chili crab. She'll treat me out daw. :D And she has said I'd surely love it. As per the Chicken rice, i still am reading about it. And looks like everyone in Sg, tourist or not, should try that. Uhmm... interesting. :)

Thanks for all the inputs. Now, I already have a list of what to do/eat and where to go (at least) of my most needed trip. :D

sure thing miss.....also, try mo din mapunta CHINATOWN if you still have the time....

I was in singapore last april for 3 days ....... we made our way thru the city mostly on our own and not thru any accredited tour guides so I guess we kinda got a little pulse of what the singaporeans are. A lot of them are quite frank when they speak to you. But that does mean they are rude. And most of them (especially the ones in the business district) have this "mind your own business" facade. But if you politely ask them for (say directions) they would most probably help you out.

Ironically, my only bad experience here in singapore was with a bunch of fellow filipino tourists who do not understand the meaning of "RESERVED"

Edited by asmodeus

I was in singapore last april for 3 days ....... we made our way thru the city mostly on our own and not thru any accredited tour guides so I guess we kinda got a little pulse of what the singaporeans are. A lot of them are quite frank when they speak to you. But that does mean they are rude. And most of them (especially the ones in the business district) have this "mind your own business" facade. But if you politely ask them for (say directions) they would most probably help you out.

Ironically, my only bad experience here in singapore was with a bunch of fellow filipino tourists who do not understand the meaning of "RESERVED"

my son and i had a similar experience, too last month. "kabayan" pa man din tsk tsk tsk

For hotel seeker in Singapore, I suggest YMCA.

They are the cheapest along orchard road, near MRT station which will bring you to universal studios and sentosa in just 1 ride of MRT.

They even have a pool, buffet breakfast, nice, clean, quiet rooms.

Last MAY, I got it for only SGD110 for 3days and 2nites with buffet breakfast and it's already for two.

Check their website www.ymcaih.com

hope this will help.

thanks for this info bro...my inaanak will be here kaso from the 27th to the 29th of SEPTEMBER lang...

dito ko na lang siya suggest pumunta..

can you give me the exact address bro??

thanks

miss, yvette, go to jumbo seafood at clack quay for the best chili crap, go to the website ieatishootipost for singapore food blogs

tanglewood, people in singapore arent rude nor cold, its just that most of them take their work seriously, in all honesty, filipinos that go abroad have the worst attitude ever, sobrang feeling, just start at the airport and you can see all those people na feeling rich, lalo na pag abroad ang yayabang, nakakaasar

tanglewood, people in singapore arent rude nor cold, its just that most of them take their work seriously, in all honesty, filipinos that go abroad have the worst attitude ever, sobrang feeling, just start at the airport and you can see all those people na feeling rich, lalo na pag abroad ang yayabang, nakakaasar

that's just my experience bro, anyways, it's not a generalization naman and i do understand where you are coming from but when i was in SINGAPORE, i have met PINOYS whom are very nice.....kahit ngayon mo lang sila nakilala the fact that your both pinoys makes it even warmer to tell you directions, and other things you ask them...

that's just my experience bro, anyways, it's not a generalization naman and i do understand where you are coming from but when i was in SINGAPORE, i have met PINOYS whom are very nice.....kahit ngayon mo lang sila nakilala the fact that your both pinoys makes it even warmer to tell you directions, and other things you ask them...

bro tanglewood, correct ka dyan, if ur referring to pinoys working abroad, what i was referring to were pinoy tourists, un ang may masasamang ugali, not everyone but alot compared to tourists of other countries

Post ko lang po in case anyone might be interested. ^_^

We buy your air miles or mileage points (on any Frequent Flyer program)Subject/Topic: Miles Expiring or don't know what to do with it? We buy your frequent flyer airline mileage - immediate cash

Have your relatives/friends earned miles or mileage points from Frequent Flyer memberships?We will buy your miles without any cost nor effort from your end. Receive immediate cash payment and avoid your miles getting forfeited or expired!

Usual miles needed and buying rates (negotiable): Rates are tax free!

- Philippine Airlines MABUHAY MILES>>>you get 6,000 pesos for every 20k miles.

- Northwest WORLDPERKS or Delta SKYMILES>>>you get 6,000 pesos for every 20k miles.

- Thai Airways ROYAL ORCHID>>>you get 6,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Lufthansa MILES AND MORE>>>you get 7,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Qatar Airways PRIVILEGE CLUB>>>you get 7,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Cathay Pacific ASIAMILES or MARCO POLO CLUByou get 9,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Singapore Airlines KRISFLYER>>> you get 9,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Continental Airlines ONEPASS>>>you get 9,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Emirates SKYWARDS>>> you get 9,000 pesos for every 30k miles.

- Air France/KLM FLYING BLUE>>>you get 12,000pesos for every 45k miles.

>> and many more!

If your mileage balance is below the expected as per above block, talk to us so we can discuss and arrange the best way to use it. Refer your friends or anyone with the miles and get incentives to earn too!

Glen Josef Jumilla

0920-4044034

0915-4444838

glenjumilla@gmail.com

miss, yvette, go to jumbo seafood at clack quay for the best chili crap, go to the website ieatishootipost for singapore food blogs

if you plan to go to jumbo seafood better call for a reservation. if not you have to wait for an hour or more kung umuulan. kasi tintanggal nila yung mga tables outside the restaurant eh. but one hour is not to long to wait actually. you can just give the waitress your mobile number and you can go around clark quay muna habang waiting for your table to be available. if the table is ready, they will call your mobile. galing diba?

dapat maalis ang ganyang kayabangan ng ating ilang kababayan. kakahiya.

tnx for the inputs, useful tips.