Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

Pwede kayong mg bus or pwede rin taxi(but this is a bit pricey) from SG to Legoland Malaysia
or take ferry ride from SG to Batam, Indonesia tas maghire lng kayo ng ride dun para itour kayo (kunin nyo ung driver na alam magenglish khit ppano)

You need to bring your passports, plane tickets, tsaka ung address ng hotel nyo sa SG medyo strict cla dito either ppunta o bblik be sure to always check your facts haha kktakot kse ung mga officers nila dito esp kpag d mo masagot ung tanong sayo for example hotel address, arrival or departure to and from SG, etc.

i was there last december for 10 loooong days...

nagsawa ako since it's actually my 4th time there

i sampled authentic Bak Kut Teh near Clarke Quay I saw while doing my "walking tour"

i was looking for singgang dish

i have friends who toured me around food places, a return favof since I toured them in Manila (including

Quiapo and Muslim area) then to Tagaytay

the usual satay and teh tarik and their own version of tapsilog called nasi lemak with sambal and ikan bilis :)

the weekend I planned to go to Johor Bahru but didn't push through due to the insistence of my host to come with him

but only went to Sentosa :( I went to Batam, Indonesia the following day for a tour and massage :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Top 10 Must-Buys in Singapore

1. Asian Antiques and Artifacts

Asian antiques and artifacts will probably be first on your list on your visit to any country in Asia. Fortunately, they are in abundance in Singapore. With imports coming in from all around the globe and having a rich and ancient history of its own, Singapore offers treasures at every turn. Your best finds will be available at Tanglin Shopping Centre, Chinatown and Holland Village.

2. Electronics Items

http://i2.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sim-lim-square.jpg?resize=300%2C199

Electronics items are always the first suggestion whenever you ask someone for must-buys in Singapore. Some tourists even buy large LCD TVs and desktop computers from Singapore. Peninsula Plaza is always ideal to buy electronics. However; there isn’t a store in Singapore that doesn’t offer analog and digital cameras, photography accessories and photo processing services. Other recommended places to buy electronics, especially cameras, areSim Lim Square and Funan DigitaLife Mall having infamous stores like Challenger, Harvey Norman, Challenger and Courts. All technology gadgets, gamer equipment and audio-visual peripheral equipment in demand are spread everywhere in Singapore.

If you want to buy digital camera and accessories then we do have a guide here.

3. Gold Plated Orchids

http://i0.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/orchid.jpg?resize=300%2C197

Orchid is a Singapore national flower and Gold plated orchids are real orchids plated in real 24 karat gold. These orchids symbolize Singapore’s richness in terms of economy and nature. Orchid is the national flower of Singapore and gold-plated orchids is considered as asouvenir from people of Singapore. These flowers can be bought from Risis stores.

4. Chinese Drugs and Herbal Medicines

http://i0.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/chinese-medicines.jpg?resize=300%2C225

Chinese herbal medicines are widely available in Chinese clinics of Singapore. You will find hundreds of Chinese health shops in Singapore. These drugs are prepared with specific solutions used in China for health care and treatment of wounds and offer astounding healing capabilities. The once place to checkout for Chinese drugs & herbal medicines will surely be Chinatown.

5. Handbags and Luggage

http://i2.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/luggage.jpg?resize=300%2C225

Handbags are luggage are another popular purchase in Singapore. Designer labels, hand-stitched and everything in between are available. It is very likely that, by the time you are ready to leave Singapore, you will need another bag or another piece of luggage to carry your newly purchased bags.

Handbags are widely available in all the shopping malls in Singapore. You will find all the tops brands on the orchard road. ION orchard mall, Ngee Ann City Shopping Mall, Paragon Shopping Mall, Somerset 313, Vivocity Shopping Mall, Suctec City Shopping Mall are some of places to look for handbags.

If you’re looking to buy cheap luggage then Lucky Place on orchard road is your best bet.

6. Watches and Jewellery

http://i0.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/jewelry.jpg?resize=282%2C300

Watches and jewellery must be part of Singapore’s Top 10 with more choices than anyone could make in five lifetimes. Masterfully handcrafted timepieces, world famous watch manufacturers and affordable standard watches can be found in every shopping district of Singapore.

Many visitors find that Singapore’s national inventory of jewelry is simply mind-boggling. Inexpensive bangles to million-dollar crown jewels are all available for a price. You could practically say that the streets of Singapore are lined with gold, as every shop has jewelry and watches for sale.

7. Decoration Items and Curios

http://i2.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kites.jpg?resize=300%2C198

Decoration items and curios such as statues, wall decorations, Singapore Sling premix and chocolates are always popular. Paper kites and parasols, calligraphy, wooden boxes, posters and other artworks can fill your luggage faster than you realize once you start shopping in Singapore.

8. Food in Singapore

http://i1.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/bak-kwa.jpg?resize=300%2C205

Food in Singapore is always incomparable with all other global fervor’s. Singaporean foods are packed in specific health-friendly solutions so that you may take them back home for your loved ones. Spices, biscuits, sauces, and even the cooking utensils and serving dishes are all must-buys when visiting Singapore. Bak-kwa or BBQ sliced pork is especially sold in Singapore’s chain stores only.

9. Singapore Specific Garments

http://i1.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/royal-sporting-house.jpg?resize=267%2C157

Singapore specific garments, especially T-shirts and sporting goods, are readily available at very affordable rate. Singapore Specific garments are produced by local manufacturers so they are never expensive at all. These garments are theme-specific including ‘Little Facts about Singapore’ and ‘Singapore Famous Things’ etc. Sporting goods can be bought fromRoyal Sporting House.

10. Perfumes

http://i0.wp.com/sgtravelinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/jamal-kazura.jpg?resize=300%2C197

Perfumes apart from globally renowned brands, are produced by local Singaporean manufacturers as well. These perfumes are nothing less than international scents, however; they are extremely low in price and very adorable in smell. Jamal Kazura Aromatics produces big bottles of perfumes. These are sold after testing at a rate of $6 only.

Singapore Deals & Coupons

One smart way to shop is to make use of Singapore specific deals & coupons websites. These sites provide wide range of shopping on a discounted prices. Below are some of the recommended local deals & coupons sites:

If you are Universal Studios fan then the good news is that Universal Studios store now opens in Singapore. Singapore carries a lot of global brands which are available in all the top shopping malls. The waiver of GST also give luxury to the tourist to shop more. Here is our comprehensive guide about how to waive your GST on shopping when exiting from Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...

The best time to go to Singapore is

Mid-year (May-June)

and

Year-end (Nov-Dec)

because of the Island Wide SALE. This is regardless of branded and unbranded items.

The SALE can reach up to 80% OFF and this is unlike our SM here that double the price during the SALE.

Now for specific SECRET Shopping Secret for Value for Money:

1) Travel Luggage, Bags, Suitcase w/c includes authentic branded items & leathers - go to Little India

2) Computers & Accessories - Fu Nan Center in CityHall MRT station. All things in this multi floored mall are authentic and genuine and you can even huggle the price.

3) Jewelries - go to People's Center in Chinatown

4) Electronics gadgets like mobile phone, gaming console - also at People's Center in Chinatown

5) Designer RTW (Christian Dior, Lacoste, etc...) - also at People's Center in Chinatown

:D :D :D