The Honda Lovers Thread

Guest shameless

bisikleta muna- tapos civic na siguro... mas mataas ang EXP ng honda sa engineering nila.. pero yung Toyota powerhouse motor vehicles ang produce nila.

tough choice... bisikleta nalang ako. or better walking nalang... -i personally cant afford any of your main chioces but I drive my Dad's hatch - which i practically own.

KIA na hulugan... baka kaya ko pa ito.

The trouble with a COROLLA is when you pick up your date in one, you will see other Altis's in TAXI form. HAHAHAHA!

It will soon be the best looking TAXI in the country.

Eto hirap sa ibang Pinoy eh, they purchase Hondas and diss Toyotas not on the merits but on the idea na mas "prestigious" ang Honda, hehe. What's wrong if an Altis is also used by cab companies and is used by the commuting public? Ricoyan, if you do have the cash to burn, why not get a Ferrari Modena or some other super car? FYI, there are tons of Civic owners here and I don't see any degree of "exclusivity" or "prestige" there. Even a yuppy can get a carloan to secure a Honda. Siguro yung Civic (kung di preowned yang unit mo or baka naka City ka lang na 1st gen) mo di mo pa tinatanggal yung plastic sa sidings at sa mga seats. :)

To get back on topic, looks wise, I prefer the new Civic. Even the new Corolla doesn't look any bit fantastic. A few cosmetic changes lang sa tail lights and sa front end.

Guest shameless

Personally, i think the civic is years ahead of the ALtis in terms of appearance. Civic kasi, mukhang KATANA, ang Altis mukhang SHOVEL. sa looks kasi, parang mas elegante talaga dating ng civic e- ang altis parang "working" car itsura.. ewan ko lang. Di ito racist o ano man... medyo appearance oriented kasi ako e. pasensya kung MABABAW. ayun.

TOYOTA PUSHES BACK INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW COROLLA

"Toyota chiefs ordered a last-minute redesign of the next-generation Corolla after seeing Honda's avant-garde Civic at the Geneva show earlier this year. Insiders say senior execs were worried the new Corolla, said to resemble a scaled-up Yaris, would be seen as far too conservative.

The redesign reportedly has pushed back the launch of the tenth-generation Corolla by at least six months. But it underscores Toyota's resolve to shake off its reputation for building BLAND cars.

Toyota executive vice president Kazuo Okamoto concedes some of Toyota's products, haven't had the desired impact on consumers because of the way these cars look. "I think our design could've been WEAK," he said in Tokyo recently. "We didn't have enough aggression in our design.", MOTOR TREND Magazine.

AYAN, No. 2 officer na ng TOYOTA ang umamin na the Corolla was BLAND, WEAK and LACKS AGGRESSION in design.

Edited by ricoyan

Ay naku, with the conditions of our roads and the flooding we have every year its really impractical to have a car. the best option is to have a vehicle na kaya ang road conditions na puro lubak at mga baha every year. hindi na ako bibili ng kotse. i have since disposed of my old old corolla and my not so old Civic. I now have a CRV and a Revo and am really satisfied with both of them although sa parts talo talaga and Honda.

i don't understand..

what kind of cars are you guys driving that you think the CRV is low powered? and more importantly, where are you driving that you can even use all that power? i feel like i just touch the accelerator and my 2004 CRV jumps.. got it up to 135 on the NLEX recently on my christmas vacation, and i wasn't even flooring it, i figured that was pretty fast enough for me, made it from manila to subic in just over 2 hrs.

did they update anything from the 2007 to 2008 model? i might be getting one next year.

i don't understand..

what kind of cars are you guys driving that you think the CRV is low powered? and more importantly, where are you driving that you can even use all that power? i feel like i just touch the accelerator and my 2004 CRV jumps.. got it up to 135 on the NLEX recently on my christmas vacation, and i wasn't even flooring it, i figured that was pretty fast enough for me, made it from manila to subic in just over 2 hrs.

did they update anything from the 2007 to 2008 model? i might be getting one next year.

i drive a 2003 model, MT. I've cruised it 145kph with more to spare. the crv has power, but to get it there, it consumes more gas than a sedan simply because its not aero efficient. well, that's expected from a mini-suv.

mga bro, sino may CRV na 2.0L A/T, tanong ko lang how's the gas consumption, im planning to get one kaya lang baka sobrang lakas sa gas...

my actual experience is that the AT is more fuel efficient than the MT. I own a MT while my dad has an AT, which i get to use as well. you can get 8kms in the city and perhaps 9 to 10 in the highway with the AT. any fuel savings between the AT and the MT is marginal.

if you can afford the crv or any vehicle with a 2000 cc engine displacement or higher, you may as well afford to pay the gas.

i drive a 2003 model, MT. I've cruised it 145kph with more to spare. the crv has power, but to get it there, it consumes more gas than a sedan simply because its not aero efficient. well, that's expected from a mini-suv.

my actual experience is that the AT is more fuel efficient than the MT. I own a MT while my dad has an AT, which i get to use as well. you can get 8kms in the city and perhaps 9 to 10 in the highway with the AT. any fuel savings between the AT and the MT is marginal.

if you can afford the crv or any vehicle with a 2000 cc engine displacement or higher, you may as well afford to pay the gas.

thank's for the info, I think 8km/l city is actually pretty good, I have an accord 2.0 AT and i only get around 6km/l, mas matipid pala crv sa accord...

2004 A/T here. i think as far as fuel efficiency goes it really depends on how heavy your right foot is.

when my driver drives it, malakas talaga sa gas.. but when i drive it, i can go twice the distance for half the gas. i'm not even kidding.

Edited by malaki
I saw the new Corolla in Australia. Its BLAND and BORING. Looked like an enlarged Vios.

I totally agree! I saw the new corolla on the net and it's really bland and boring. :thumbsdownsmiley:

It's not even comparable to the Mazda3.

That's why I decided to buy myself a Civic. :thumbsupsmiley:

Although I have minor problems with the shock absorbers of my Civic.

post-85039-1199271950.jpg

post-85039-1199271968.jpg

post-85039-1199271987.jpg