• 2 weeks later...

Been a member in MTC for 2 years but usually on a lurker mode yet i haven't been able to explore most of the topics including this one. Would have been very handy from the fact that i've been to Cebu this year twice. I guess there would be countless more opportunities to come but i'd be following the list of places or sites to go that you guys have given cool.gif

Sites/Places/Foods i've tried or been to so far :

1) Portofino Beach Resort in Mactan - white beach, great view and its near Cebu proper

2) Mountain View in Lahug - renovated na pla yong place and overlooking sya ng Cebu (2x nako nakapunta and the first time was like 5 years ago pa)

3) Intosan Resort (?) in Danao - theme pool pero astig yong pinakamataas nilang slide

4) Montebello Villa Resort - likod lang ng Gaisano Country Mall, dami Koreano sa pool, pwede na din yong breakfast buffet and relatively affordable yong lowest room rate nya

5) CMT lechon in SM - sarap nga kaso be sure to get the right body part. Leeg daw yong masarap and the second time around i forgot this very detail kaya rib part ang nakuha ko and madami sya buto and taba. Maybe next time

6) Family Park - pinakamalapit kasi sa boarding house ni utol and i tried the pool. Sarap dito jog in the morning since steep ng slope nya.

I'll definitely add up the list from your tips guys and i'll be adding this topic on my watchlist rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When I go to Cebu i usually stay at Marco Polo Hotel.

The breakfast buffet is amazing. But it is a little bit

out of the way.

Now I stay at Marriott Hotel. My company managed to get

a good rate for me. I stayed in a deluxe suite that cost

me just around 4k everything in. I recommend this hotel

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in cebu....everything is still the same - people are still warm and the food is just as good.

I go to Cebu for business and it's usually in the Friday to weekends.

Hotels? just go for Hotels in Mandaue or outskirts of Cebu...

No need to go Marriot, Waterfront, Marco Polo or Shangrila....the business 3 star hotels are clean, service is good and they have bfast if you spend for yourself.

You spend anywhere from 1200 to maximum of 2000 per night, breakfast inclusive...

Cab is just the same as Manila...since there is less traffic you get better distance and value. I have a service car with driver so i dont know how much talaga.

The Beaches are ok....and near the City of Mactan. I like Alegre because we have been going there since I was a kid and its just as pristine and clean as i would remember.

Go Cebu!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We're at 42 followers now.

Can we make it at least a 100? Come on, Cebu! Let's do this! :D

LAST CHANCE TODAY to help Cebu City get a Foursquare badge.

Follow and share this list: http://4sq.com/GD0FwU Thanks! #4sqCities

People of Cebu and Philippines!

Please help Cebu City earn a foursquare badge!

If you have a foursquare account, follow this list:

https://foursquare.com/geffchang/list/the-best-of-cebu-city-2012

It has been entered into the contest,

and we only have 17 followers yet. >_<

Deadline is March 23 (Fri - US time).

• 5 weeks later...

guys: if you guys are on a budget here in cebu, i'd recommend eating at the MANY cheap buffets here. dami talagang 200 peso buffets

like:

1) Dimsum Break - All you can eat chinese in JY Square

2) Patio Isabel - Filipino food eat all you can near gaisano country mall

3) The Port - Seafood Buffet with its own pasta bar

4) Royal Concourse - eat all you can shrimp tempura and crispy pata buffet near UP Cebu and Ayala.

all of these cost around 200 each,

accomodations arent that hard to find at a cheap rate, and if you're a big eater, these places help with your food expenses

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...