Why Do Beautiful Women Fall For Ugly Men?

now that's a good point. money allows people to get good education and be exposed to the finer things of life. these give people a bit of class and sophistication. some people could carry on with such air without really looking pretentious. unfortunately some can't, even with several million pesos worth of lotto winnings.

I agree with you KristinLavransdatr.

I observed once, that within minutes people coming out of a Pajero, showed their proletarian tendency through their actions and inactions.

This goes to show that Class and Income sometimes do not go hand in hand.

I agree with you KristinLavransdatr.

I observed once, that within minutes people coming out of a Pajero, showed their proletarian tendency through their actions and inactions.

This goes to show that Class and Income sometimes do not go hand in hand.

c'mon, are you starting to discriminate here?

i can eat with my hands, I love fishballs, i ride the jeep, the 3 lrt's, when i dont feel like driving, i can survive a bus without airconditioning.

im earning well now, after studying hard in the best university in the land. i sometimes drive to the mall in spartan flip flops and wornout maong shorts because im comfortable in them. that's my class, and im proud to belong, ms. bourgeoisie.

imposing class is oppression. let me take you to dinner sometimes.

in the best tapsilog in bambang.

Tapsilog...sarap nun ah.

Balik tayo sa topic...bakit nakakahanap ng pangit ang mga dilag na marikit? Siguro the guy tries to make up for his minuses in the physical by highlighting his plus factors...

but that's just my opinion...dito nga sa abroad, I see white chicks na talagang puwedeng rumampa na models tapos ang mga partners nila na non-whites, like africans ay (kumbaga sa standard ng mga pinoy) olats. Tayo lang naman talagang mga pinoy ang masyadong conscious sa kulay ng balat, hugis ng ilong, atbp eh. Pero dito sa abroad, maraming mga tao ang hindi "brand-conscious."

Isa pa, a person considered as "ugly" by Pinoy standards may not necessarily be as such when seen from the eyes of many a non-Filipino. Dark skin is not often considered a plus sa atin (just look at the popularity of whitening lotions, etc.), pero white folks just envy those sporting tanned complexions. I guess the reason we think like that is because we were always exposed to movies and commercials subconsciously chanting the mantra that "white (or fair-skinned for that matter) is beautiful...dark is ugly." Tapos kapag bida, guwapo't maganda, mestiso or mestisa, samantalang yung mga kontrabida ay laging pangit (kung hindi naman masyadong pangit...masungit). Kaya ayun, kapag maitim ang gilagid o di kaya medyo malapad ang ilong, mukhang gangster (kahit mabait naman), the person is unconsciously tagged as a no-no, even in real-life.

Oh, and when I mentioned earlier about a guy's plus factors, I was of course referring to those other than the physical attributes.

its a case 2 case basis...but coming from a brodmate of mine who is not dt gud looking but hv a pretty gf..ngpakatotoo lng siya n wenever magkasama sila, siya lang ang mundo niya..we hv done a lot nung nanliligaw pa siya dun lyk harana sa class nila..etc..siguro alam niya that dehado siya sa physical features ngdouble siya ng effort.. :P

c'mon, are you starting to discriminate here?

i can eat with my hands, I love fishballs, i ride the jeep, the 3 lrt's, when i dont feel like driving, i can survive a bus without airconditioning.

im earning well now, after studying hard in the best university in the land. i sometimes drive to the mall in spartan flip flops and wornout maong shorts because im comfortable in them. that's my class, and im proud to belong, ms. bourgeoisie.

imposing class is oppression. let me take you to dinner sometimes.

in the best tapsilog in bambang.

Bulilyo69,

I'm sorry if you're offended in anyways, it's not my intention.

I am not rich myself, so I have no right to discriminate.

When I said class and income sometimes do not go hand in hand,

that is not a discrimination, that is an observation.

Class will always be a touchy subject.

When Paul Fussell interviewed people about their class for his book,

he was almost always greeted with anger.

Few people are comfortable with the topic.

Thanks for the reply.

As always,

Dreamflow

P.S.

By the way, I do eat fishball, ride the jeep, tide the 3 lrt's, and very much like tapisilog.

one correction though: mr. bourgeoisie, not ms. bourgeoisie.

:)

ummm...in the early stages of a woman's life, xempre they wud go for the bad boys, the hunk or mr. cutie. However, lumilipas din ung penchant nila for those types of guy as they come of age dhil wat theyre start to look for n is satbility ng guy both economically and in a relatinship...kya they dont usually consider looks anymore....

diffrerent reasons..

usually not so good looking men compensate their looks on other things..

like they're the ones more romantic, sweet and all those mushy stuffs women would love :rolleyes:

alam niyo mga bros tama to... b4 nung nagaaral pako iniisip ko yun...sabi ko nga bakit ganun...mas ok nmn konte itsura ko dun ah...tama yun sinabi ng sis natin....kase iba feeling gwapo pero hindi naman mas ok na yung di gaanu itsura pero lalake talaga..gentleman,sweet,kind,honest...maginoo pero medyo bastos... :P

ofcourse, the common answer would be that "most of them are GOOD PROVIDER"

one good example ofcourse is assunta.

but I think that this thread is not about that anymore. we have to hear it from them also,

how and to the women, why.

since I think most women are attracted to the "Good Provider" type wether he is good or not good looking.

Datz right. For a woman it's easier to fall in love with a richer guy. No matter the looks, age, race, etc. . .

fROM wHAT i kNOW aND rEAD...

mOST wOMEN aRE eMOTIONAL hUMAN bEINGS...iF tHEY cAN cONNECT wITH gUY, fEEL cOMFORTABLE, fEEL sEcURED, vALUED, cHERISHED, lOVED, tHAT'S aLL tHERE'S tO i gUESS rEGARLESS oF lOOKS....

lOOKS tURNS oUT tO bE jUST a bONUS pRIZE... aLTHOUGH tHEY wERE hOPING iT iS tHE gRAND pRIZE aT fIRST. tHIS iS cONSIDERING wE'RE iN a pERFECt wORLD oR sHOUL i sAY iT'S rARE...

ang tagal ng topic nito, parang wala pa ring definite answer. e kung imbis na pinag-iisipan natin to e maghanap nalang tayo ng mga babae na magkakagusto sa hitsura na ibinigay sa atin ng panginoon. imbis na magtaka at ma-ingit sa mga sinasabi nyong "panget" e maghanap nalang kayo babae para sa sarili nyo. laging tandaan na meron sila na wala kayo kaya nila napa-ibig ang mga babaeng ito. yun lang po. peace.