The Lacoste Club

Batabatuta™

pinapalitan na ng lacoste ang image nila dahil sa nawala na ang prestige nila noong 90s. nagpasok sila ng bagong management team para asikasuhin ito. siguro inspired sila sa pagbuhay ulit ni hedi slimane sa dior at ozwald boateng sa givenchy. anyways, successful sila sa rebranding nila sa u.s. at sa tingin ko this year tataas pa ang image ng lacoste.

I have had a collection of lacoste tees mostly bought in HK.... i like any colours, except for dull ones, basta bagay sa balat ko . The first ones i had were originally made from france. Nowadays, these tees are made outside france though the fabrics/materials still originate from france.

Currently my faves are those muscle type designs.

why do i like it? it's simplicity in design yet it never gets out of trend.

Edited by ngneer_hk
btw, for those lacoste collectors, i've seen a limited edition golden crocodile range of lacoste. this time, they used their brains and kept the size of the buwaya to normal. not like their anniversary shirt, na they've thrown out their taste right out of the door. anyway, it comes in black, and naturally cost a bit higher around 4-5K Php yata.

meron din pong maroon and blue (turquoise ata yun). yung panglalaki 5k+ ang presyo then 4k+ naman yung pambabae. ok sya, atleast walang imitation na lumalabas. (as of now <_< )

I went Lacoste watching over the weekend and most of the ones wearing Lacoste are either out of shape or oldies. Unlike before when I was still in college where you can find a lot of young people wearing Lacoste and we (sali na ako) all looked good. Pormang preppy with matching chinos, loafers or boat shoes (sperry, sebago, timberland) and argyle socks. :cool:

especially in the US where Lacoste is just one of the moderately priced shirts

True. They are still rebuilding their brand here.

They were moderately successful a few years back then pulled out of the US market for a while.

They are back but they dont have too many stores and the styles are rather limited.

I think they are trying to position themselves against Polo, but then again, thats just me thinking out loud.

I bought my classic shirt size 5 sometime back .... Now I am back to my lean figure (nhaks)

I have my classic shirt repaired at an Alteration shop in Robinson's Pioneer. It costed only 220 pesos for total alteration na (Sleeves, length, width). Not bad for a 2,800 peso shirt

To my suprise there were a dozen more Lacoste shirts done and others lined up. Guess and Mark S also

I went Lacoste watching over the weekend and most of the ones wearing Lacoste are either out of shape or oldies. Unlike before when I was still in college where you can find a lot of young people wearing Lacoste and we (sali na ako) all looked good. Pormang preppy with matching chinos, loafers or boat shoes (sperry, sebago, timberland) and argyle socks. :cool:

lacoste shirt are actually manufactured in India, I'm a frequent traveller to India (at least 3/year)... meron silang factory outlet in Bangalore. Lacoste only cost around 1.2k ruppee or around 1.5k pesos. but if you buy 5 shirts, you'll have around 3 shirt for free. I use to buy around more than 50 shirts and sell it here for around 2.2k each (not bad).... i'll be going to India again on March... Bebentahan ko kayo... 2k each lang...

i have no idea about lacoste in india pero maganda ang price. my lacoste is made in peru, it cost me $70 each sa macys.

1) Why do you like Lacoste? the shirts & dresses are comfortable & durable, plus the styles are classic.

2) Are u a Lacoste Fanatic? nope.

3) What Lacoste products do you have in your closet? 2 shirts, 3 dresses & a pair of shoes, all gifts to me

4) What's the oldest Lacoste product you have at the moment? a black dress given to me around 4 years ago

i have the anniversary shirt, and though some of you found it tacky, i actually liked it because of the big & unusually-colored butiki. the shoes i don't like so much. if i wear it the whole day, my feet get blisters. and yes, i think the quality of the shoes has changed over the years. the lacoste people say that you're NOT supposed to wash the shoes. just wipe them with a damp rag.

i know someone who has an IZOD shirt with 2 crocodiles doing the jiggy :D

he he he.. i have 1 fake lacoste polo na binili ko sa greenhills

oks nman cya, maganda medyo manipis nga lng...

medyo mahal ksi ang lacoste wh.. pero i'm planning to buy

an orig polo and probably isang footware nila...

cguro oks na iyon, medyo mahal ksi eh.. ewan ko lng kng ma-satisfied ako

bka maulit.. he he he...

Edited by kiko machine
Guest temperamental
Yup, I do see "Made in India" in Lacoste stores.  And the Original Shirts are really expensive.

i got two na made in france, ewan ko kung magkano yun at ewan ko kung san yun binili ni nanay sa states :lol: pero may diff ba tlga yun sa made is india, or is it all in the mind?

he he he.. i have 1 fake lacoste polo na binili ko sa greenhills

oks nman cya, maganda medyo manipis nga lng...

medyo mahal ksi ang lacoste wh.. pero i'm planning to buy

an orig polo and probably isang footware nila...

cguro oks na iyon, medyo mahal ksi eh.. ewan ko lng kng ma-satisfied ako

bka maulit.. he he he...

k lang kahit fake, depende sa nagsosoot yan dude. kahit na orig na lacoste ang soot mo kung mukha ka namang atsay o boy sasabihin ng tao fake pero kung hanip ang dating o naka kotse ka for sure ang sasabihin ng tao orig kahit fake pa isoot mo. dito sa pinas looks really matter. may nilooban nga dito lang banda sa amin akalain mo na ang AMA nila isinama sa mga maids na ikinulong sa banyo kasi napagkamalang isa sa mga katulong tapos hanap ng hanap ang mga magnanakaw kung saan ang may ari. hehe

1) Why do you like Lacoste?

ok ang quality and matibay basta laging hand washed. i still use my 13 yr old black lacoste polo.

2) Are u a Lacoste Fanatic?

ayos lang

3) What Lacoste products do you have in your closet?

7 polo shirts, tennis shoes

4) What's the oldest Lacoste product you have at the moment?

see #1

k lang kahit fake, depende sa nagsosoot yan dude. kahit na orig na lacoste ang soot mo kung mukha ka namang atsay o boy sasabihin ng tao fake pero kung hanip ang dating o naka kotse ka for sure ang sasabihin ng tao orig kahit fake pa isoot mo. dito sa pinas looks really matter. may nilooban nga dito lang banda sa amin akalain mo na ang AMA nila isinama sa mga maids na ikinulong sa banyo kasi napagkamalang isa sa mga katulong tapos hanap ng hanap ang mga magnanakaw kung saan ang may ari. hehe

Sorry bro pero kapag regular user ka ng Lacoste, alam na alam mo kung fake yung suot o hindi. Kahit ano pang galing ng pagdadala mo, kapag fake ang suot, paniguradong bistado ka. :blush:

QUOTE(Matrixxx @ Jan 18 2006, 03:22 PM)

Sorry bro pero kapag regular user ka ng Lacoste, alam na alam mo kung fake yung suot o hindi. Kahit ano pang galing ng pagdadala mo, kapag fake ang suot, paniguradong bistado ka. blush.gif

totoo ho iyon. at sa totoo lang, bakit ka naman magpipilit sumuot ng fake, lalo na kung ang quality napakalayo? para sa akin kasi di naman importante kung ano ang sabihin ng ibang tao, lalo na pag di mo kilala... masimportante naman siguro na ako alam kong peke ang sinusuot ko at nagpipilit pa ako at alam din ng asawa/gf/syota ko at iniisip niya t.h. ako. sa presyong pekeng lacoste baka nakabili na ako ng matinong giordano o u2 na polo shirt- walang logo na kahit ano pero matino naman ang fit.

Meron nga akong napanuod sa Imbestigador (Channel 7) and one of the DENR agents who was asking for bribery and was taken at NBI was wearing a Lacoste polo shirt..

I have an expalantion.. I think a lot of businessmen give Lacoste shirts as gifts to people like these.. So we see people who might not even know the brand wearing them..

Lacoste today is a brand worn not just by preppies but also by old people.. much like Burberries.. kasi its a classic tee and a brand that when a person wears the product people would usually say na may kaya yung tao..

I have posted here before.. and I do have a lot of Lacoste shirts, polos, etc. Kaso, I am not regularly buying Lacoste shirts anymore coz parang paulit-ulit lang ang designs.. I am more into FCUK, Abercrombie, Billabong, etc. shirts nowadays.. But if I come across a good designed Lacoste tee.. I will definitely buy it.. :)

Sorry bro pero kapag regular user ka ng Lacoste, alam na alam mo kung fake yung suot o hindi. Kahit ano pang galing ng pagdadala mo, kapag fake ang suot, paniguradong bistado ka. :blush:

maybe your reffering to divesoria version na lacoste. marami akong nakitang fake na lacoste pero di mo mahahalata sa malayoan(lalo na hong kong galing). usually di naman natin nilalapitan ang nagsosoot at binubusisi kung fake o orig ang soot sa ganong sitwasyon. looks at economic status lang sometimes binabasihan natin. just imagine Binay wearing fake lacoste at nakikita mo sya sa TV, will you think na fake ang soot nya? tapos lumabas ka sa bahay nyo may nakasalubong kang nagtutulak ng kariton wearing original lacoste will you think na orig ang soot nya?

Used to buy this shirts when I was in college. The usual hingi sa magulang money. I remember pa na kung hindi din lang lacoste or polo wag na. But when I graduated and started my business I realized na medyo mahal ah. Parang hindi practical. Looking at other brands na medyo cheaper I discovered there are a lot of good quality apparel out there na nasa nagdadala naman. Guess,U2 marks ok din naman. Have some friends who make a big deal out of it who'll tell me na blah blah blah lacoste and stuff. Asked them kung talagang madami ka pera dapat wala lang sayo un brand kailangan pa ba pagusapan kung naka lacoste ako o ikaw o hinde.