The Lacoste Club

Batabatuta™

May mga friends ako na may mga kaya at talagang may kaya napansin ko pinapambahay nila lacoste t shirt nila and never namin naging topic sa kwentuhan ung lacoste shirts nila. Mas napaguusapan pa kung san nakakbili ng ok at mura na sandals in the case pag kakwentuhan mo mga babae. Pag mga lalake naman yun mga ok na damit na hindi mahal. Where in ung mga friends ko na tama lang tipong salary monthly 20k or less pag damit ang usapan,puro lacoste o any mamahalin brand ang gusto. LABO

question, lacoste lovers, how would you know if its a fake one? kunyari suot ng friend nyo, how would you know hindi orig without being nosy like looking at the tag, etc.

thanks!

btw, i only have 1 lacoste sport shirt bought in duty free last december.

thats funny coz people who wear the real stuff make it as if they are big but are probably just smaller in life among the people who have nothing...

Not all people who wear the original stuff want to appear big.. its just that they want to buy good quality clothes.. being branded is just a plus..

But I know some people who buy Lacoste shirts to appear big but they have nothing and after buying a Lacoste.. wala na silang pera and won't pay their credit card bills.. These folks are stupid..

Therefore, wearing an original Lacoste shirt will make you appear that you can afford it.. but it won't make you appear that you are better than the other person wearing a Lee Pipes fake T..

We can't judge people in what they wear.. First impression lang.. Arrive ika nga.. I do like Lacoste shirts but its not because I wanna appear big or appear I am somebody.. Its the quality I am after.. After almost 10 years.. a lot of my Lacoste polo shirts are still alive and kicking.. my dad and I alternate in wearing them.. see.. pwede pa sa matanda at bata.. breaks time barriers, durable and its a known brand.. which is a plus.. di ba? :)

Yung mga Giordano ko 10 years ago.. hindi na pwede dahil nangupas na eh.. Not that I am runing Giordano's rep.. but its the truth..

Not all people who wear the original stuff want to appear big.. its just that they want to buy good quality clothes.. being branded is just a plus..

But I know some people who buy Lacoste shirts to appear big but they have nothing and after buying a Lacoste.. wala na silang pera and won't pay their credit card bills.. These folks are stupid..

Therefore, wearing an original Lacoste shirt will make you appear that you can afford it.. but it won't make you appear that you are better than the other person wearing a Lee Pipes fake T..

We can't judge people in what they wear.. First impression lang.. Arrive ika nga.. I do like Lacoste shirts but its not because I wanna appear big or appear I am somebody.. Its the quality I am after.. After almost 10 years.. a lot of my Lacoste polo shirts are still alive and kicking.. my dad and I alternate in wearing them.. see.. pwede pa sa matanda at bata.. breaks time barriers, durable and its a known brand.. which is a plus.. di ba?  :)

Yung mga Giordano ko 10 years ago.. hindi na pwede dahil nangupas na eh.. Not that I am runing Giordano's rep.. but its the truth..

thats true in a more extended view of my point haha, but i dunno if there is really a big difference in expensive clothes to cheaper clothing. I own a few pairs of Diesel jeans they cost me about $500 (in australia, just noticed they are about $300 in phils) but my everyday wear jeans that cost $80 last much longer than one of my pair of Diesels that i might just wear a few times a year!

I agree knock-offs esp very very poor ones tend to break easy and stretch.

what i was trying to get in my original point was that there are many people here who tend to buy more expensive clothing not because of the quality of the clothes but because of the name tag and love to show off. I can assure expensive clothing does not mean quality clothes. I have gone through too many FCUK shirts expanding and breaking than a fake Jag i got three years ago at a Bohol market for my night wear haha its still alive and kicking!!!

btw i was looking for some nice Lacoste sweaters like jumpers but didnt seem to find any. There shoes rock, but i didnt get too see much loafers there more sneakers.

Edited by luol_deng

Lacoste is purely Status Symbol.

Dito sa phils nakakasira pa kasi makikita mo mga nagsusuot mga politicians. Eh karamihan politicians dito hindi marunong pumorma.

Pano pag tinanggal yung logo na reptile sa harap pero original na lacoste pa din as in gawa pa rin sya ng lacoste..........................

.............Magsusuot and Magcocollection pa kaya mga tao nyan?

baka pag ganun ang case mababawasan ng 95-98% ang biibli ng lacoste.

Lacoste is purely Status Symbol.

Dito sa phils nakakasira pa kasi makikita mo mga nagsusuot mga politicians. Eh karamihan politicians dito hindi marunong pumorma.

Pano pag tinanggal yung logo na reptile sa harap pero original na lacoste pa din as in gawa pa rin sya ng lacoste..........................

.............Magsusuot and Magcocollection pa kaya mga tao nyan?

baka pag ganun ang case mababawasan ng 95-98% ang biibli ng lacoste.

wait question ko lng...is the logo a croc or an alligator?...i think its a croc...

e what if hindi nmn nawala ang logo...nanganak...so mga tatlong croc...may bibili p kaya?...haha..

or nandun si aussie hinuhuli ung croc..may bibili p kaya kahit orig p dn ang gawa?...haha..

wait question ko lng...is the logo a croc or an alligator?...i think its a croc...

e what if hindi nmn nawala ang logo...nanganak...so mga tatlong croc...may bibili p kaya?...haha..

or nandun si aussie hinuhuli ung croc..may bibili p kaya kahit orig p dn ang gawa?...haha..

hindi rin ako sigurado eh kaya sinabi ko na lng na reptile.

Mukhang nagiging OT na ibang post. Dapat doon na sa kabilang thread -- fake designer... ni Pareng Pinoy.

I like the new style ng lacoste na fit and long back. I need lang nga to work-out kasi when I wear my shirt ay bumabakat yung panderosa instead of pandesal. Sarap kasing kainan noong extended holidays. :D

Kaya I wear more of the sport and classic para hindi gaanong halata ang tummy. :cool:

the symbol is an alligator

the reason being an alligator was that Rene Lacoste (tennis player who became a legend for taking the Davis Cup away from the Americans in 1927) entered a bet with the captain of the Davis Cup team for his alligator skin suitcase. ‘The Alligator’ became Rene Lacoste nickname as once he got his teeth stuck into an opponent and he never let go. In 1933, Lacoste tied up with one of the biggest French knitwear manufacturer and the rest is history....

i like the brand but hate the price

a plain shirt with a tiny alligator should not cost that much hehehe

yan ang status symbol.

Pero kung may purpose yung lacoste like pag sinuot mo at pinawisan ka hindi babakat or pag nag spill yung ink ng ballpen hindi didikit sa fabric. ok bilhin nyan.

kung may technology lang yung lacoste pde.

Parang nike mahal pero may technology so hindi status symbol.

Pero kung angas lang lacoste, mukha ko na lng gagamitin ko.

Edited by edc

the reason being an alligator was that Rene Lacoste (tennis player who became a legend for taking the Davis Cup away from the Americans in 1927) entered a bet with the captain of the Davis Cup team for his alligator skin suitcase. ‘The Alligator’ became Rene Lacoste nickname as once he got his teeth stuck into an opponent and he never let go. In 1933, Lacoste tied up with one of the biggest French knitwear manufacturer and the rest is history....

Ei.. Luol, very informative.. Nice to have a poster in this thread who is a wide reader.. Very nice dude.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi

a ok..tnx..nice info...

anybody who goes for lacoste shoes nmn?...what can you say about them..i like some of them...

aspirational buying ang tawag sa mga taong bumibili ng isang item dahil sa "prestige" ng brand nila. daming ganyan dito sa pinas. makikita mo naman sa suot nila eh- example kung lacoste ang suot nila oversized naman o kaya binibili yung gold na emblem kahit di nila alam bakit masmahal siya. pero meron naman iba diyan bumibili nga kasi ang lacoste, like it or not, ay maganda ang quality. imho- masmaganda nga quality nila kaysa polo ralph lauren eh. kahit minority lang ang ganito mag-isip sa atin, meron pa rin.

Initial Questions for discussion

1) Why do you like Lacoste? - Value money, Material (DuPont)

2) Are u a Lacoste Fanatic? - No

3) What Lacoste products do you have in your closet? Classic Shirt, Sports Shirt, Shoes

4) What's the oldest Lacoste product you have at the moment? Sport Shirt Year 2000

Additional Question(s):

1.) which lacoste store do you like visiting or which store has

the most number of stocks? - Lacoste, Wisma Atria, Singapore

Initial Questions for discussion

1) Why do you like Lacoste? - Quality n good fit

2) Are u a Lacoste Fanatic? - Yes

3) What Lacoste products do you have in your closet? Button down polo shirt (short sleeve), Shoes

4) What's the oldest Lacoste product you have at the moment? Button down polo shirt summer of 2003

Additional Question(s):

1.) which lacoste store do you like visiting or which store has

the most number of stocks? - Most Stocks i think in Grand BLVD Hotel; i lyk to visit Grand Gateway, Shanghai; Greenbelt

in my own opinion, its not advisable to buy fake lacoste stuffs kasi nga yung quality ang binibili mo dun sa original thats why it is so expensive. bibili ka nga ng fake pero ang dali naman malaspag, mas waste of money yun coz even fake lacoste shirts eh mahal, say 1thou? may mabibili k ng mas maayos na shirt nun d b?

opinion ko lang po yun. :)

• 3 weeks later...