Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Well peeps dapat may book club tayo so we could borrow books from one another. If I had the money, I'll have a two story room filled with a wall to wall bookshelf yung tipong I need a ladder to get some of the books at the top shelf.

I always thought that "The Catcher in the Rye" is a 'boy' book. Never found a girl before who actually enjoyed it. Puno kasi ng male angst yun eh. Yung "Nine Stories" pa, medyo gender neutral... but I'm glad you enjoyed it Fire, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Not in particular order.

John Grisham Books

Sidney Sheldon Books

Tom Clancy Books

Stephen King Books

Michael Crichton

Tolkien

Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Mysterries of Caroline Keene

The Three Investogators Mystiries

Harry Potter

Nine Stories (kaso hindi ko natapos eh)

Mark Twain

Isaac Asimov

Dami rin palang Sidney Sheldon rito ah.

Guest templar

In no particular order of preference:

Tom Clancy - all

John Grisham - all

Frederick Forsythe - all

Robert Ludlum - all

James Clavell - all

Harold Robbins - all

Nick Carter (forgot the author) - all

Spy vs. Spy - all up to 1982

Mad - all up to 1979

Non-fiction stuff dealing with business, finance, oil/energy, law, espionage and war

1 book on the German Shepherd

3 books on the Labrador Retriever

5 books on Golf

200 vols. of Philippine Report (more or less)

300 vols. of SCRA (eto pa lang kasi ang nabibili ko)

...my Playboy/Penthouse collection :evil:

...and the Bible (cover to cover, 1979 sa seminaryo nung nag-iilusion pa kong magpapari :rolleyes: )

guys, since we are making regular eb, maybe we exchange pocketbooks to all book worm here.

me i have collection of jeffrey archer, richard north patterson, irving wallace and forgot the name, the one who wrote dogs or war, negotiator, day of the jackal.

maybe you could list the books you have and if someone is interested, maybe he could pm you. :P <_< :evil:

Have you guys heard of Robert Deaver ? He wrote The Blue Nowhere ... it's on of those "hacker" suspense thrillers... I enjoyed it immensely... any one know any more books/authors like that? :)

look for any of william gibson's books (neuromancer, mona lisa overdrive, count zero, idoru). tatay ng cyberpunk.

or, if you're looking for the lolo of cyberpunk, read "the stars my destination" by Alfred Bester. no hackers in this story but it reads like a movie. and the ending is quite a surprise.

John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, Tom Tupor, Joel Grey, Dr.Phil...

and I loved that series of books about near-death experiences... "Touched by the Light", Ëmbraced by the Light.... etc...

then there's "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"

I still have yet to read the Celestine Prophecy....

mostly, i enjoy self-help books and human interest stories aside from murder mysteries...

themann:

Bro, were you referring to Frederick Forsythe?

He has written some good ones! If you like Forsythe, then I'm just guessing you also like Robert Ludlum.

Robert Ludlum wrote: The Bourne Identity and its 2 sequels.

He also wrote The Matarese Circle (this a good one!), Holcroft COvenent and several others more.

For some other enjoyable reading, have you tried James Clavell's:

SHogun, Taipan and Noble HOuse?

Regards!

bourne sequels, matarese circle and holcroft's covenant include matlock paper to these ludlum's greats

what about david morrel the creator of rambo series his masterpieces includes brotherhood of the rose, fraternity of the stone, league of night and fog and the fifth profession.

if you like some high flying technological aircraft stories check dale brown's flight of the old dog, day of the cheetah (the one with a thought controlled aircraft being hijacked with a sleeper (russian spy) from a US soil.

I'm currently reading Alpha 5. A collection of stories of SF. Medyo luma na itong koleksyon na ito.

What's funny is nandito yung story called "We Remember it for you Wholesale", written by Phillip K. Dick. It was the basis for the Arnold Schwarzeneger movie Total Recall. But the story in the book was way better than the movie.

Yun lang. Hehehe....

hey dude, interested ako dito ah. i've seen the movie of the "brotherhood of the rose" is it anything near the book. how about the other books listed? pareho din ba sila ng brotherhood?

hilig ko din kasi spy thrillers eh. dami din ako ludlum novels before. but nawala na karamihan kasi di na binalik nung mga nanghiram. ngek. <_<

actually i saw brotherhood in tv (gma gems (long time ago)) but i forgot na yung mga scenes that's why i'm asking for this film in every video rental store about a copy pero laging bokya. if i remember correctly mas maraming scenes sa book pa ren compared to the movie... lahat naman atang from books to movie ganun... those 3 books of morrell i mentioned other than brotherhood are also good. fraternity of the stone by the way is a sequel of brotherhood with characters are concern however it portrays a story not related from brotherhood. its about priest assasins.... i forgot na the story of league of night and fog that's why i'm looking for it in the booksale. Fifth profession is a story of today's bodyguards na parang samurai's protecting their master.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an eclectic reader- anything from the serious, to downright silly :0 here's a list of my fave books/authors

Ambtrose Bierce - all his collected works

HH Munro (aka Saki) - all his collected works

Neil Gaiman - The Sandman Series, Smoke and Mirrors

James Clavell - Shogun, King Rat

Uderzo and Goscinni - The Asterix comic Books

Bill Watterson - Calvin and Hobbes

Pol Medina Jr - Pugad Baboy :D

Cecil ADams - The Straight Dope

Isaac Asimov - I'm partial to his short stories

Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman - The Dragonlance Chronicles

I also have a collection of occult books :D and I collect storybooks (Oscar Wilde's stories, Brother's Grimm, Arabian Nights, Hans Christian Andersen, etc...etc)

• 2 months later...

reading has always been a passion for me. i never went anywhere without a book ever since my mother introduced me to reading at age three. since then i have collected and read more books that can fit in my room. just out of curiosity (again) i was wondering which authors other book lovers here at MTC prefer...